You know you've been playing too much airsoft when...

Atty

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you freak all your pothead friends out by jumping up and laughing my a$$ off at the sight of a JG Thunder Maul in a "futuristic" tv show. And then proceed to rave on about how rare it is and how it's the cautionary tale for non-realistic airsoft guns...

what TV show did you see an ika zuchi in?

Continuum, season 2, episode 4.

It has become a sort of drinking game for me. Watch continuum and take a shot everytime a brass inner barrel sticks out at me.

You can then go for double points by naming the make/model.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When you can remember when everyone used to used TM's.

When Systema was the only parts supplier.

When Famas was am best gun.

When Excel 0.2g bbs was the only ammo.

When NiCads were the only battery.

When you'd be lucky to find a site within an hour

When Classic Army started making M4 metal bodies, which took 8 hours and 2 pints of blood and/or tears to fit, and everyone bought them knowing this

When the TM Tac Master was the best GBB sidearm going

When Western Arms pistols cost £130

When Midcaps didn't exist

When you'd be lucky to find a site within an hour

When Classic Army started making M4 metal bodies, which took 8 hours and 2 pints of blood and/or tears to fit, and everyone bought them knowing this

When the TM Tac Master was the best GBB sidearm going

When Western Arms pistols cost £130

When Midcaps didn't exist

When all gearboxes had 6mm bushes.

When everyone wore '95 DPM.

When people still used MP5s. (all with broken cocking handles from HK slaps)

When 134a was the only gas.

When you could go a whole day without some geardo wannabe idiot shouting "loading" whilst changing mags.

Quick Batman to the rose tinted glasses.

When you heard clone and said 'great, maybe this one might go over 200fps and have a metal part in it'.

When you had to buy a kit to make anything that wasn't a M4, AK, MP5 or a few select others.

When 328fps was the limit and no-one complained of hot guns as they would just die after 330fps.

When teams were actually teams and involved a bit of interest in the game aside from spraying.

When games were held more at clubs than actual sites and everyone knew everyone else.

Oh and finally when you didn't have to put yourself on a pathetic and much abused system to ensure you could buy a gun in it's proper colours. I recall just walking into Airsoft Warehouse down in Yate and buying a Hi-Capa without any of them batting an eyelid or asking for a 'defence'. Damn nostalgia stop reminding me :P

'FireKnife'

You should visit our country then, most of airsoft is as you describe here (teams/clubs, no actual sites just forests/terrain as large as we can find it and get permission to play on). Well aside from the 328 fps and replica availability thing :D

When people still used MP5s. (all with broken cocking handles from HK slaps)

Oi I resemble that comment! :P Really must get round to fixing up that MP5J, only need 3 parts to do it but....meh lazy. (Yes one of them is the charging handle :P )

• 2 weeks later...
When 328fps was the limit and no-one complained of hot guns as they would just die after 330fps.

Not sure about that dude, my mate put 200,000 rounds through a TM G3 at 370fps, all I put in it were 6mm bushes, a bearing spring guide, an SP100 and a large 9.6v.

The only gun you couldn't upgrade back in the day was the Famas, but that was ok because they were used exclusively by idiots anyway.

Ok not so much die but there was a fear they would. I found that V3 boxes could stand up to a lot but often V2s went a bit funny.

Either way almost everything was TM and 328fps was the limit (I recall seeing an urban based site that used to run 300fps maximum).

'FireKnife'

Ok not so much die but there was a fear they would. I found that V3 boxes could stand up to a lot but often V2s went a bit funny.

Either way almost everything was TM and 328fps was the limit (I recall seeing an urban based site that used to run 300fps maximum).

'FireKnife'

Yeah, I know what you mean though mate, there was more of a fear about high fps among the masses. And yeah, I cracked the ends off a couple of V2 shells in my time, never a V3, even at 500fps - it's a much better designed box.

My local used to be 300fps, it's now 330, makes it easier to have the same aeg to use at multiple sites. I always felt limits were too low in the UK in general anyway.

Well it did seem to jump around the time of the sudden clone expansion (so 2007-2008) for the sites near me. It was only 328 up to 350 but with many guns coming in hot they set it at a firm 370 at one site. I still played with stock TMs and found no issue against them as often the 350+ guns were so badly set up that they couldn't get the same range anyway :P.

Well I find that 350 is fine, we don't really get the huge open fields of the US here in the UK and even our woodland games can get very up close so going up to 400 I wouldn't see the need for. Really if you have the ammo get closer, not demand more FPS personally. It just means that when you do make those up close shots it doesn't hurt as much when it doesn't need to.

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

I was with my ex at centre parcs wandering about, it was a nice day so I had my sunnies on, we walked into the woods and it was a bit darker so i went to take of the glasses, a wave of guilt suddenly washed over me and i though "sugar, I better set a good example and not take my eye pro off..."  took me a second to realise I wasn't going to get BB's shot at me...

Archived