You know you've been playing too much airsoft when...

Atty

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when your walking down the road and every abandoned building or church , you just think "wow that would be a great site "

or like somone said before when your watching a movie and juts have the erge to shout out the guns !

also was waching sons of guns with a friend and the head guy said he was inventing a folding pocket gun "its a one of a kind" (cough) MAGPUL.. ive said enough 

That sounds like what actually happens when I go to a game. The only AEG I've never had out on me is the SRC Gen 2 XM8 which I've never upgraded or done anything to. All my fancy upgraded AEGs with hundreds if not thousands of pounds sunk into them fail at least once a year...

When you have nightmares about showing up to a big airsoft event and all your stuff keeps breaking and/or is missing. 

This is a definite thing for airsofters, most of my friends who play have had it at least once and I've experienced it at least half a dozen times. The worst nightmare lol

And yet you still keep going back there? :P

If it wasn't for the classifieds and being bored enough at work that I try to point out to the stupidest of users that they are the issue with the hobbies negative viewpoint I wouldn't bother myself.

Though I have been given weekly bans for pointing out to the two highest mods the above statement about why they are an issue but never actually banned. Maybe they just don't see fit to truly get rid of me or maybe they know I would point out the facts to everyone else on every other forum. Too bad they don't already know we all think they are a shambles :D.

As for playing too much I have now got to the point that when I meet women I tell them what my hobby is as it is important that they should accept what I do and what benefits it gives me. If not then my hobby comes first, truly I have been playing too much.

'FireKnife'

Is it me or is that one of those dreams you don't want to know about kind of thing :P.

Though I know I talk in my sleep. Normally it is just random things but once I was told that (in full detail mind you) I explained how to stack up and take a building in an airsoft game.

Too much playing with guns methinks. :P

'FireKnife'

When you have nightmares about showing up to a big airsoft event and all your stuff keeps breaking and/or is missing. 

I usually dream that I have to reload, and when I reach for my bbs, I see that they are horribly deformed. Any psychologists out there? What does my unconscious trying to say? :D

I usually dream that I have to reload, and when I reach for my bbs, I see that they are horribly deformed. Any psychologists out there? What does my unconscious trying to say? :D

"You're *fruitcage*ed" possibly? :D

In all honesty though I'm sure there are much weirder dream reports out there so I wouldn't worry too much.

One thing I've always found is that when I go to sleep following a very long weekender skirmish, I still think I'm being shot at when I close my eyes, and I imagine the pellets heading straight at me making me want to flinch.  Sometimes it's that bad my wife asks whether I've been sniffing something as I'm acting like someone with a really nervous tic!

How about when you forget if you do or don't own certain guns? I had a bit of a head-scratcher this afternoon when I realised that I didn't own a particular pistol - after previously convincing myself that I did, and that I'd lost it somewhere in the house.

One thing I've always found is that when I go to sleep following a very long weekender skirmish, I still think I'm being shot at when I close my eyes, and I imagine the pellets heading straight at me making me want to flinch.  

I've found myself suddenly waking up, convinced that someone's firing an AEG nearby, or that I can hear rounds pinging off the wall/headboard after a day or two of play. It's gotten the point where if I don't have that on the night after a weekend airsofting, I think there's something wrong...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a .4g BB currently residing in my jeans pocket along with all my change. Not sure how, but it keeps turning up in my pocket. I'm not even sure how long it's been there, or how it got there in the first place. I like to think that our resident sniper is just that good.

On a more serious note, i suffer from depression, but I've found that it doesn't hit me as bad when i skirmish regularly. A rare case of too much being a good thing ;)

There's a .4g BB currently residing in my jeans pocket along with all my change. Not sure how, but it keeps turning up in my pocket. I'm not even sure how long it's been there, or how it got there in the first place. I like to think that our resident sniper is just that good.

On a more serious note, i suffer from depression, but I've found that it doesn't hit me as bad when i skirmish regularly. A rare case of too much being a good thing ;)

I use airsoft as well to help with depression, so as far as i am concerned i agree there's never too much.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived