You know you've been playing too much airsoft when...

Atty

1. You move with crouched knees and an arched back, slowly stepping as not to make a sound when you go to pick groceries off a shelf.

2. You practice the art of 'air reloading' when bored.

3. Your hands can move up to the shape of your favourite rifle / pistol even if it is not there.

4. When approaching stairs or a corridor you hug the side and slink along it.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-While bored in class you immitate loading different guns with your friend trying to figure out which gun they're "using".

-While walking around you're neighborhood you point out different tactics you'd use to get back home.

-While walking down an allie you hold an imaginary gun and scan the perminater.

-When you count how many keffiyahs you see on campus.

-When going out to eat with fellow airsofters, you line up and clear the entrance of the restraunt.

When you get home, dehydrated, exhausted, burnt, with a lot of marks/bruising and think "What a good day"

Haha +1 on that one, most people who dont play airsoft think Im a nut case for thinking good day all the while have bruises and bumps everywhere.

ANyways...

You know your an airsofter when you go ANYWHERE and think "man this place would be good to play in" and look for all sorts of cover and possible machine gun nests, etc. Also I get these weird dreams where I start playing airsoft and I relies I dont have safety glasses on but I cant talk and nobody can hear me, its weird...

When at 7:30 AM on Sunday you walk into your local corner shop on the way to your skirmish and wonder why everyone is looking at you funny...

Only to realise that full camo with combat boots isn't normal Sunday morning attire.

Ben.

You wonder why the guy at the ATM next to you on a cold Sunday morning frantically pressed the "return card" button and legs it... (Followed ten minutes later by the ARU) - not to self: get cash for the days softing the night before... not dressed like a foreign militia man...

When you can look at any pimped out gun and can name every accessory on it.

&

You start liking AKs :P

you start hating armalites :P

When nearly every night before a skirmish, you have this dream...

... you get to site and you've forgotten:

First its batteries...

...then ammo...

...then wallet for more ammo...

...then gas...

...then mags...

...then sidearm...

...so on, so on...

or maybe thats just me?

I posted a thread about that on another forum, I had a nightmare where I forgot my boots and had to play in my keds... nightmare!

edit:

or you find yourself practicing pistol drills in the living room, not noticing the dog walking neighbours standing outside the window with their chins on the floor...

or you find yourself practicing pistol drills in the living room, not noticing the dog walking neighbours standing outside the window with their chins on the floor...

That stuff makes you ROFL xD

You know when your addicted because you spend more time working on your guns than working on a bike or car that is your main form of transport.

-You know where every part of your gun goes, and you can upgrade or repair it relatively easily.

-You could not do the same to your car. Or even your bicycle.

-You feel very comfortable holding a real AK, until you insert a loaded mag and realize that they weigh a lot more than 2oz.

-You see a picture of an SKS and have to post a thread saying "What am?"

-You think shotguns are basically useless compared to a pistol.

-When you see your boss heading toward your desk, your first thought is to pop smoke and retreat.

That's all for now. I'll probably do more later.

when you fantasize of converting a pick-up truck or any other vehicle to make it look like a humvee and mount an M60 on top..

Sod that! My first purchase *when* I win the lottery will be to buy a humvee and mount a .50 cal. airsoft replica on the top. :D

When you play the Point of Existence Mod for BF2 during class after test.

Your physics teacher watched you play the said game.

Your physics teacher creates a physics/ momentum equation involving you, body armor, and a .50 cal bullet.

You question why, and he says "Cause you like shooting games."

Then he ask how much does body armor weigh, and you incorrectly answer "about eight pounds", since you only wore a fully loaded IBA once and your airsoft IBA one has no plates or soft inserts in them, or have only some replica plates and soft armor.

Then he ask the velocity of the .50 bullet. You answer again. "About 3000 FPS"

You say to yourself "doesn't matter. I will die from the force or the bullet will penetrate the vest."

The rest of the class gets freaked out on your quick answer. One says "This dude is freaking Rambo"

You then keep your mouth shut for the rest of the week to avoid any unwanted attention from freaked out classmates :P

True story. My teacher was cool with it though :D

When you and your guy friends discuss dream cars, they say Lamborghini, Astin Martin, and you say a US Army Humvee in desert tan or a M1 Abrams :P

I can't think of one of these I havent done, so glad to know Im not alone in the world. Here are some of mine.

While walking in the street you turn around to check behind you to make sure your not being flanked. (Only did it once and that was day after a game, while thinking about the game I played the day before)

When your girlfriend corrects the kids in her class at work (teenagers) about what guns they're looking at online because she has spent too much time around you! (They loved her after that! First she had a wii and ds, now she knew about guns!)

Miss the feeling of a holster on your hip and keep trying to rest your hand on it.

Know exactly where your airsoft weapons are, but cant remember where you put your keys.

See every abandoned location as a possible place to turn into a site if you had the money.

When someone moves out of your house they find BB's in there boxes. (My sister moved to sheffield for uni and had BBs falling out of all her stuff. They were still showing up when she moved out a year later, whoops)

-When looking for something, you find yourself slinking along low and checking the safety on the gun that isn't in your hands

-You find bbs in places you've visited before and recognize them as your own

-You find someone else's bbs and determine from the type of bb what type of guns they may have been using, and wonder who it was/why they had airsofts there

-Whenever anything military related is seen, your friends call you over immediately

-No matter how much you pick up bbs off the floor, there are always more of them all over

-You wish very much that you could own the closed Grumman military aircraft factory/ US Navy testing facility nearby, because the town keeps trying to make money off it with stupid development plans for ski mountains and waterski lakes(on an island!), but you know the best use for it by far is a massive airsoft complex.

-You try and determine what is necessary to make your Jeep look like the Iranian made Jeep Wagoneers from the 70's and 80's that can be found in Afghanistan, so you can use it for a proper Afghan war loadout.

-You're always pointing out the places that would make great airsoft playing sites, whilst actually keeping an eye open for places you maybe really could use.

When you walk down the street and you subconsiously check for snipers on the roofs and high terrain (More related to playing FPS shooters but airsoft doesnt really help the condition )

When you wake up at 1pm with a slide locked M9 in your hand with expended magazines on the floor and a completely obliterated box in your room

When you spaz like a B****rd and have a tourette like urge shout NADE! and jump behind any avaliable cover whenever you hear a match being struck

When you notice you glide into your room once you step through the door because of the amount of bb's on the floor

Quil

Archived