You know you've been playing too much airsoft when...

Atty

When your pocket is nearly empty (or every cent is planed where it goes) your month is going to end with borrowing some money from your parents for driving exercises and test and still think about what you buy next month and how much it will cost.

every time you stand in a cunstuction zone and dream about how nice it would be to skirmish there (i got much dreams as i'm working there :P )

when you're standing at the roof top and think about how you would secure the houses around you from an ambush.

when you start to plan how to make your own homemade m40a3 stock that would be an piece of art and you know nearly exactly how you would do it and what you will need.. befor you even got an tanaka m40.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can spot an undercover cop without even thinking about it because he is doing a bad job hiding his handgun.

Your favorite color is OD or CB.

It ###### you off when guns in movie go over what the capacity of the weapon's magazine is.

When you have empty coke cans stored up in the side of your kitchen for those all important Zero sessions in the back yard.

And When you do see coke cans in the recycle bin, they are riddled with bb dent marks or holes in them from the poor man chrono tests

When your real shooting skills go to ######, due mostly to recoil, having to use the sights and not being able to see a line of white bbs.

When you can correct all of the mistakes in this (or any) thread that were made by newbs (*cough*you can't ambush a house*cough*).

When you can somewhat accurately guage how long someone has been playing airsoft by simply reading their posts.

When you no longer think that the cocky players with cool gear are cool.

When you don't actually have an AEG in mind for your next purchase, but you're still planning on it. You don't really care what it is.

You've stopped making up reasons why you "need" another AEG, and at this point it's just yet another spare.

You only have $20 in your pocket that you really shouldn't be spending on airsoft. You have decided to buy a new shemagh for 14.99. You wonder how you can make the other 5.01 airsoft related.

Regardless of the lack of quality and rediculousness of it all, and despite your high end airsoft guns at home, you can't help but want to spend the $8 on a cheap springer when you go into the smoke shop.

Your backpack is Molle compatable and you don't find that strange.

You walk through the mall and you think you're cool because you were wearing a shemagh before it was popular, but also think that these yellow and blue shemaghs are rediculous.

You buy way more airsoft related clothing than clothing that you wear every day.

Your shoes are falling apart, but you have brand new boots in tan and black, and your saving up for the new ABU boots for an ABU loadout that you'll probably never actually wear more than twice.

You are no longer affraid to paint brand new and expensive things, but you might want to seek help, because neither the TV remote nor your laptop need to be painted camo.

Your laptop bag has mag pouches.

Guilty on so many counts.

When you walk through a creaky door at work and think, some-one would hear that, need to find a different way.

When you go to the gym and tac-run on the treadmill

When you realise your gear has taken as much space as the rest of your uni stuff

When a local club is having a camo-night and you have enough for 4 people and wonder what looks you'll get wearing a flak jacket

Having withdrawal symptoms after not handling a gun for a week so you decide to watch Black Hawk Down, Dog Soldiers and Shooter in one go

Seeing people on the street in camo and wondering if they have it for a reason

You've stopped making up reasons why you "need" another AEG, and at this point it's just yet another spare.

The only reason you need to buy another AEG is "because I dont have one of those"

When a local club is having a camo-night and you have enough for 4 people and wonder what looks you'll get wearing a flak jacket

You cant decide if your going to go as Solid Snake or Chris Redfield as you have both outfits for airsoft already.

When you have empty coke cans stored up in the side of your kitchen for those all important Zero sessions in the back yard.

And When you do see coke cans in the recycle bin, they are riddled with bb dent marks or holes in them from the poor man chrono tests

So true. I have a whole stock pile of coke can for when I need to chrono something.

I love all of these^haha.. were all weird...

You know you've played too much when everytime you get ready to go out for the day your wife makes you change your clothes beacuse you look too much like a PMC...

Or everytime you run outside of a fight you automatically move your arms like your holding a rifle at low ready with out having one in your hands..

And when ever you go to the store you feel like you need to walk around ducking smaller then the isles so the other people can't see you in the store..

dan

I've noticed a particular characteristic in certain experienced players.

In short, they are a lot more aware about their surroundings than the average person. They tend to scan for "threats" when in a public place. Also, it takes the tinniest commotion for one of them to turn around and check to see what's going on.

The only reason you need to buy another AEG is "because I dont have one of those"

You? You're more like "I could do with another one of those" :P

When it drives you absolutely insane when people say: "Are you using the sniper?" or "Can I use the sniper?"

Well, at least I HOPE they're not referring to me... :blink:

"Ohh yess mmm good sniper mmm oh this sniper feels sooooo good... " :D

You? You're more like "I could do with another one of those" :P

"Ohh yess mmm good sniper mmm oh this sniper feels sooooo good... " :D

PUNKY! you've been here long enough to know the rules! pg13 or pics!

He kids of course, as tempting as ghille sex is, he finds more of a problem with only owning clothes that look "PMC", aka lots of black shirts and sweatshirts, single color slacks, single color baseball caps, holsters on work trousers.... you know. the usual.

-You've gotten so used to closing your mouth to protect your teeth when you get really close to someone on the field that you have started to do that at any moment of worry or doubt, like when the manager calls you into their office.

-You have actually lost a girlfriend to airsoft, and you don't think that makes you weird.

-You think you can identify all of the guns in Lord of War.

Archived