Harris BiPod Wobble :-(

Victory

I recently received a WELL L96 (to use as a backyard plinker), and upon attaching my Harris bipod, I can't help but notice the fact that it wobbles a bit in every direction. Being picky, this bugs the hell out of me...even if it is a plinker.

Now, it appears that the screw that you tighten to secure the bipod is too short, not allowing the bipod to secure firmly against the body of the gun. Is there a cheap fix? Like, a spacer or something I could fashion?

I tried to remove the screw, figuring buying a longer one at the hardware store would be a cheap and easy fix, but the screw just does not want to come out. I'm guessing Harris did this intentionally, so that the end user would be less likely to loose the very important screw.

So, am I SOL on this one? Or might there be a (cheap and easy, hehe) fix?

Thanks to all.

-Vic

um.. get a diff screw..?

its not something sophiticated nor hugely important even if you do lose the screw unless its an urber special screw which has magic powers? if its supposed to be perminantly on there use loctite or PTFE.

I'm going to assume you've never owned a Harris bipod...if you did, you'd know that yes, the screw is VERY important.

And if you had actually read my post, you would have realized that the screw is NOT removable.

Anyway...I'll try messing with it again.

-Vic

I'm going to assume you've never owned a Harris bipod...if you did, you'd know that yes, the screw is VERY important.

And if you had actually read my post, you would have realized that the screw is NOT removable.

Anyway...I'll try messing with it again.

-Vic

The Harris Bipod which i had about 2yrs ago had a screw stuck in the middle of alot of housing but with persuasion it can be removed, I also remember it didnt sit flush onto my aps2 as the bipod plate was 'V' ish shaped and aps2 is more of squared off 'U' shape. but anyway, i seem to remember it had a pointless shape to the screw which held it to the gun so i changed it over. im the person (on subject of sniper rifles) if it works; do it, instead of phaffing around trying to keep it "original" so one day i can sell it off again. So do excuse the not so delicate fabrication techniques.. ;)

Not sure if its actually the same one your talking about because i just realised (looking online) theres a fair few out now.... :unsure:

I'm confused , the harris bipod attaches to a sling stud on the stock yes? , why are you all talking about taking the screw out of the bipod? the qd stud should be attached to the rifle first , then the bipod "jaws" tighten down and clamp onto the stud as you turn the knurled wheel between the legs of the bipod.

My real steel harris fits nice and snug on most shaped stocks from walnut air rifle stocks to vsrs and M14's , it just clamps down on the rubber pad on the top and sits tight, the only wobble should be the left right movement on the "tilt" model harris .

Jim

Archived