TM SIG P226 REVIEW

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice review. I've got a question though, you mention that the TM's decocker moves the hammer to a half-cocked position where it can be fired single action? I was wondering if this was correct since the real thing's decocker totally decocks the hammer back to a full double action pull.

They are tritium inserts fitted to the original sights, i do know the difference, please take my word on this, i'll try and get a better pic later. On a side note, i like this option as it means the sights will fit straight onto a metal slide rather than having to file out dovetails, etc to get after market sights to fit.

John from Firesupport has already talked me into buying a Tritium sighted Sig226 of him (the Tritium costs you an extra £30 ($55) on top of the pistol, I asked him a few questions and they are indeed REAL tritium inserts..

So I'm now waiting for my new sig (used the real steel in the US in .357sig calibar).

This review makes me feel better about my purchase tho.. :)

Go here!

There are some pics about half way down showing how the decocking lever functions.

Also as I side note...I won the auction for the Streamlight M6...250 dollars later  :blink:

Thanks for the link, I suppose I was just confused by the wording as it does appear to lower the hammer all the way back down. Well I guess the WA V10 Ultra Compact will have to wait, Sig P226 here I come.

ZenMastaT,

Sorry i didnt make it too clear. The hammer has 3 postions, full cock, half cock and uncocked. Using the decocker puts the hammer in half cock, but the difference in positions between half cock and uncocked is very slight, maybe 2 mm of movement

Interesting, I honestly can't remember if this is how it is on the real thing. All I do remember for sure is that using the decocker returns the trigger to a double action pull, which would not appear to be the case on the TM, at least according to how I read your review.

EDIT: As a complete aside, if anyone cares, UNCo now has the P226 in stock at $225. I prefer them over DEN and Redwolf and I imagine there may be someone else out there who feels the same. http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=5726

Edited by ZenMastaT
Interesting, I honestly can't remember if this is how it is on the real thing. All I do remember for sure is that using the decocker returns the trigger to a double action pull, which would not appear to be the case on the TM, at least according to how I read your review.

EDIT: As a complete aside, if anyone cares, UNCo now has the P226 in stock at $225. I prefer them over DEN and Redwolf and I imagine there may be someone else out there who feels the same. http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=5726

Its 125 mate =]

-ham-

Maybe if enough people buy them, it'll convince TM to release more guns more often?

:zorro:

I'm sure TM's already selling tons and tons of GBBs. It's just that TM seems to put considerably more development time and effort into each GBB design, unlike most other manufacturers *cough*WA*cough*.

Anyway *buys two 226s* :D

Edited by Utty