TM SIG P226 REVIEW

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crandall13,

One thing i think to bear in mind is that when you start tearing through 100 round mags, the battery aint gonna last long. If you really want a compact smg you might be better with an MP5K.

Me? Id get the Sig :)

They will soon release a Marui G18C Weapon System: -http://www.renegaderecon.com/recon_details.php?id=491

Currently in development is whole G18C Weapon System that includes the G18C AEG, new Tactical Mount with silencer adapter, 100rnd extra magazine and multifunction torch that can store new 7.2v 1100mAh battery.

tmg18system.jpg

With the tactical mount the Marui G18C AEG could be set like follows:

Marui Pro Silencer

Marui Pro Sight II, electric dot sight

100rnd long magazine

Multifunction torch

7.2v 1100mAh battery

:)

Very nic read, sounds and looks like Marui should just drop the AEG aspect and move into GBB primarily now if they cna keep it up.

Marui are doing very well with therye GBBs,But they should never stop concentrating on AEGs, as they were the first company to produce them. :flamed:

Welp, got mine today, first impressions were good, nice weight, feels bit more placcy than the KSC did when I got it, grip definitely is good, fits the hand better than the beretta does.

Shooting green and the gun really does feel accurate, went through a mag and each shot hit the target (cola can at 5 metres) and from what I could see each shot punched through one side of the can.

Trigger pull is ok, heavy though, I tend to manually cock GBB's with my thumb before firing them anyway (most probably why I don't like the glock :) ).

Bad thoughts, not happy with the plastic feel of the replica, KSC beretta felt a lot more solid and colder to the touch than the P226 does. Also the rails on the frame that the slide fits onto (not the 20mm rails under the pistol) are plastic, not sure how thats going to last (I will be fitting a metal slide to this gun :D ).

Finally the white dot sights are rather dull and flat, they don't stand out as well as the KSC ones do, the indentations are most probably a little to deep for my liking, however this doesn't seem to effect accuracy, it seems and feels as accurate as my elite does (maybe more so).

Decocker does exactly that (there's a surprise ... ) with the hammer fully in the first press of the decocker brings it out a little bit, if you then cock the hammer and press the decocker lever again it brings it back to this state. To totally decock the hammer seems you have to dry fire the pistol.

It's a nice gun, £100 pounds isn't to much for the price, but, KSC/KWA are better quality than TM (KWA are also cheaper), still feels like TM are an ok trustworthy brand but nothing special. (this is my first TM GBB .. other two are a KSC Beretta Elite with a metal slide and a KJW G27).

Admittedly, both my other GBBs have metal slides, and the KSC Beretta Elite costs around 20 to 30 pounds more than the P226 so I'm most probably being a bit unfair.

Pros

Accurate

Powerful

Middlings

Nice blow back but was expecting a little more (maybe a little over hyped?)

Cons

Plastic feel to it compared against a KSC beretta elite, plastic feels "warmer".

Plastic slide rails on the frame.

Weight without mag is 504 grams, with mag is 740 grams.

Edited by greebo_Brat
Crandall13,

One thing i think to bear in mind is that when you start tearing through 100 round mags, the battery aint gonna last long. If you really want a compact smg you might be better with an MP5K.

Me? Id get the Sig :)

Seem to remember seeing a tactical lanyard / external battery pack somewhere ( probably on the news page here) that would be perfect for substained auto fire with 100 rd mags.

Thank you for the reviews! I have read all of the replies and I get the impression that this pistol is basically all plastic. Is this true? And If so I hopw ABS.

You can find the G18C lanyard at Big Out And you can traslate it with BabelFish . Goodluck!

~Nick

Hi, Nick, welcome to the forum!

Yes the frame and slide are made of ABS plastic. Hopefully, metal slide and frame will come out soon. Maybe someone will make a metal frame without the rails to satisfy those who don't want the integrated rails.

By the way, there's another review for this by Marcus that showed a slightly different point of view.

got mine yesterday, and so far I love it. For a plastic gun, it feels pretty realistic. I don't really know what was meant by the guy that said this thing has a less than expected blowback... This thing kicks pretty hard on green gas. So much so that I'm afraid the slide will break before the metal slides become available! Anyways, mine chrono'd at 290fps, which was a little disappointing after reading someone else had gotten 330. On the other hand, it is very consistent, with no shoot-down until about the last 2 or 3 shots. Overall, I'm very pleased.

Anyways, mine chrono'd at 290fps, which was a little disappointing after reading someone else had gotten 330.

The fps depends on temperature, and how long the magazine has allowed to warm up after filling with gas. Try in a warmed room, and/or warm up the mag in your pocket first.

Though 290 fps is what I would expect from the stock 226 on green gas at normal room temp. We'll see, I'll get mine within a couple days. :)

Have to say thanks to partyboy, I read his review and snapped up the last one from Firesupport, worth it for the night sights alone (I will send in my kimber for the same treatment).

I was expecting a real flimsy piece of plastic but too be fair its a nice finish it fires and kicks pretty well on 134A much better than most WA 1911 on 134 that I have, and I have a few.

to be honest my main skirmish gun is a Hicapa/Infinity as it has nearly no chrismas cracker looking marui parts left on it and is pretty awsome, I'm sure even the fussiest will be happy with the SIG if they throw anything like the level of aftermarket bits for it, Too be fair I may even keep it stock as it looks and performs well enough for its price.

Nice gun I just need a Surefire nitrolon and a 6004 for it and I'll be away.

Keep your eyes open for metal bits and post back guys.

That's a very good review! And seems more fair than Marcus' review in the user reviews section, mhmm.

Fairness has nothing to do with it, and considering Marcus's quite obvious extensive knowledge of gbb's and that he has built many custom versions, I think I would take more note of his review personally...... :mellow: