134a gas Questions

scar527

I am planning on using 134a gas in my gas rifle, and am a bit confused about the fps difference from green gas. I have heard 100 fps(550 on green-450 on 134a) and i have heard 50fps. I have even been told 150 fps which is definantly not true. I would greatly appreciate some anwsers that cn be backed by chrono readings. THANK YOU for your help. ;)

the difference between green and duster is not 'xfps', it is a percentage or ratio.

I have heard it said that green gas is seven sixths of duster, or that duster is six sevenths of green.

When using lower FPS there will be a 50fps difference, when using higher there will be 100fps increase (and in extreem high, beyond safe airsoft i imagine, you'd get 150 difference)

Also different pressures can have different charicteristics in the same gun, causing more or less difference than the preasure allone should cause.

also temperature is a consideration.

What gun are you using, and what is its FPS on green gas?

the difference between green and duster is not 'xfps', it is a percentage or ratio.

I have heard it said that green gas is seven sixths of duster, or that duster is six sevenths of green.

When using lower FPS there will be a 50fps difference, when using higher there will be 100fps increase (and in extreem high, beyond safe airsoft i imagine, you'd get 150 difference)

Also different pressures can have different charicteristics in the same gun, causing more or less difference than the preasure allone should cause.

also temperature is a consideration.

What gun are you using, and what is its FPS on green gas?

I am using a tanaka m700, and it shoots 550 on green. However, it has a vsr barrel(554mm) and hopup. I dont know how much that wouldaffect the fps though. My local tech said 50 fps for my gun but i am trying to confirm that.

given my experiance with chronoing gas pistols and multiplying the numbers you [should] get between 450-500, i would guess closer to 450.

However the best answer would be to go and do it.

However my previous post is wrong on one important point, it is not the FPS that varies with relation to other FPSs with differing gasses, its the POWER.

so the POWER decreaces a certain ammount, and that means the FPS will change given the equasion: Ek= .5 * m * v^2

[edit, with some quick calculations with imaginary numbers i recon 450 will be a good estimate]

given my experiance with chronoing gas pistols and multiplying the numbers you [should] get between 450-500, i would guess closer to 450.

However the best answer would be to go and do it.

However my previous post is wrong on one important point, it is not the FPS that varies with relation to other FPSs with differing gasses, its the POWER.

so the POWER decreaces a certain ammount, and that means the FPS will change given the equasion: Ek= .5 * m * v^2

[edit, with some quick calculations with imaginary numbers i recon 450 will be a good estimate]

As long as it shoots above 450, ill be happy. But your not 100% sure though? I am guessing 70fps. Thank you for your help, ill get back to you as soon as i test it. BTW what kind of rifle do you have(or do you only have pistols?)?

I do some (a little) work on pistols, mostly GBB, i have fixed 4 glocks in the last year (just to show, not to bragg ;))

my knowlage of rifles as apposed to handguns is limited to conjecture.

if you where to scale up my knowlage of NBB pistols (as yours is a NBB rifle) then what i said above is a good guess, nothing more.

Still my best statement is that you should just get some duster and try it.

I do some (a little) work on pistols, mostly GBB, i have fixed 4 glocks in the last year (just to show, not to bragg ;) )

my knowlage of rifles as apposed to handguns is limited to conjecture.

if you where to scale up my knowlage of NBB pistols (as yours is a NBB rifle) then what i said above is a good guess, nothing more.

Still my best statement is that you should just get some duster and try it.

I hae decided i will in the future, but not right now because i recently found out my sites fps limit is actually 575 so i should be good their. I thought t was 500. Hweverf THANK YOU fo all of your help.

Archived