GBB accidents?

tosuzu

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was firing a gbb after field stripping. the first shot and the slide launched forward off the gun.... apparently i forgot to put in the slide retaining pin :P

i also know of a guy who tried using red gas in a maruzen p99 and the slide blew up in his face :P

...So I was holding a lighter in front of various GBBs (this was before the propane adapter was invented), and playing with the fire that came out of it. I took a rather unreliable GBB and continued in the same manner... Unluckily it vented... I lost part of my eyebrow, and all the hair on one of my hands lol. Suffice to say, I've never tried that again.

You know how the TM desert eagle has a metal internal slide frame? You would think, that it might be possible to shoot it without all that plastic around it. Well, if you've ever taken apart the slide for one of those, you would know there's a large, heavy metal piston that helps with the immense kick from this gun. But I decided to experiment and see if this could cycle properly without the plastic bits anyway... There's now a large dent in my wall from that heavy metal piston...

Another time I was working on a TMP that couldn't quite strip bbs from the mag. After hours of frustrating work on it, I gave up in a fit of rage, while walking, and gassed up, and with BBs in the mag, I begin to oscilate the gun violently up and down with only my finger in the trigger guard... Apparently the gun never strips BBs from the mag usually... I ended up on the ground clutching my foot with a rather large welt on it...

i decocked a KSC m93r

also when running like a madman in electrowerkz, i slipped, put my hand on to a wall to stedy myself, and in doing so; crushed my little finger between the wall and the mag lip thing on the bottom of my 1911 magazine.

I baught a glock broken (actually i have done this many times, but this piticular one...) when i recieved it i stripped it and could not find any problems at all, all the parts where working and it looked well cleaned and maintained.

I decided to test fire it.

It was a glock 17, it shot about 10 shots on full auto then the slide flew accross my garden.

I had some one stand slightly off to the side of a target with a camera so we could record a shot with the then new PFI Smoke Cap suppressor, but for some reason the BB hit the side of the silencer on the way out and curved and hit him in the gut.

It might not have been funny if he hadn't let out the girliest scream whilst collapsing, all while the camera was in his hands recording.

Besides that, plenty of accidents, none funny.

...So I was holding a lighter in front of various GBBs (this was before the propane adapter was invented), and playing with the fire that came out of it. I took a rather unreliable GBB and continued in the same manner... Unluckily it vented... I lost part of my eyebrow, and all the hair on one of my hands lol. Suffice to say, I've never tried that again.

You know how the TM desert eagle has a metal internal slide frame? You would think, that it might be possible to shoot it without all that plastic around it. Well, if you've ever taken apart the slide for one of those, you would know there's a large, heavy metal piston that helps with the immense kick from this gun. But I decided to experiment and see if this could cycle properly without the plastic bits anyway... There's now a large dent in my wall from that heavy metal piston...

Another time I was working on a TMP that couldn't quite strip bbs from the mag. After hours of frustrating work on it, I gave up in a fit of rage, while walking, and gassed up, and with BBs in the mag, I begin to oscilate the gun violently up and down with only my finger in the trigger guard... Apparently the gun never strips BBs from the mag usually... I ended up on the ground clutching my foot with a rather large welt on it...

I see a myth busters moment. (Adam "Am I missing an eyebrow?")

I racked the slide on my HFC M190 to place ready in my holster the hammer catch must have failed and it decided to go full Auto point blank on my knee cap.

something similar happened to a police i knew, only with his real steal side arm. put a round in his thigh, went all the way down along his leg and exited out by his ankle.

one thing i forgot, i was in a skirmish and came upon a marksman whos back was to me. i was too close for a sniper rifle shot, but too far for surrender. so i pulled my sidearm, took carefull aim, and "CLICK" safety was on! the guy then spun around and sent a half mag of bb's my way :P

I once saw a guy try using a CO2 madbull adapter to fill and power his magnatech 1911. he thought it would be funny. On the first shot the magazine blew out the bottom of the gun, the hop up guts shot put the front of the gun, and the breech that the nozzle fits in blew out the back of the slide and hit him in the face. It was freakin hilarious.

Archived