Spider1982...He's run off with my £100 !

sloog

Spider1982...He's run off with my £100 !!!

anyone know his mobile phone number?

i payd him £100 via bank transfer for a CD player for my car, hge said he would deliver it to me on the 19th of April but never showed. i gave him my mobile number, but he couldnt even be bothered to call me to tell me he was not coming

so, does any know his mobile number?

i want to contact him to find out whats going on before i go to the police

cheers

He is bad with communication and he does take some time to sort his *beep* out and deliver but he does turn up with the goods.

I had a similar problem but it was happily resolved in the end.

There were similar issues on the 'other' airsoft site where he is itsdanuk.

Just send a couple of reminders. You may have to wait a day but don't panic yet. it's how he operates (sadly).

I suspect he is pulling a swifty this time. I involved the Police last time before he came free of will to deliver.

Going by his posts here and on the other site he is absolutely broke and needs a car.

Seems he is double selling also.

I'll see if I've still got his information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spider1982 has posted elsewhere again to try to sell goods and has failed to reply to the the issues with 'sloog' on here, so his account has now been banned to prevent further issues from appearing (pending confirmation from Sloog that the problem was dealt with and sorted).

the diot finally payed up, but after threats of going to the police, he was too much of a p***y to meet up with me, dont deal with him, he willonly screw u around

and oh yea, he says he is in Peterborough, but he's really in WATFORD, [ i knw this because his bank sort code is for a natwest in watford town centre!]

I highly recommend that you ALWAYS get details about the person that you are dealing with and sending money to BEFORE trading with them.

This includes:

Address, landline and mobile phone number, full real name etc.

If the user you want to trade with won't divulge them don't trade with them, if you don't get the details yourself that is your own lookout.

If you don't know the person I'd recommend the following:

- Landline phone details will normally correlate with the address (check the address against 118118 or similar) and speak to them on the number given and make sure it works.

- Post the money out as a cheque to the address you get (don't wire it). This places a 24hr delay on payment and a 2-3 day wait while it's cashed, but it is more secure in some respects. Write on the back of the cheque what the money is for as if there's a dispute in the future the original cheque copy at the bank can be sourced.

Bottom line, don't just assume that a user is trustworthy because they "seem nice" on the forums, then wire cash to them remotely. Cover yourself and make sure that you have details to track them down AND some verifiable proof that you can go to the bank with that proves that you paid him/her for something and that it never arrived.

and oh yea, he says he is in Peterborough, but he's really in WATFORD, [ i knw this because his bank sort code is for a natwest in watford town centre!]

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. My boss lives in Shrewsbury but her "originating branch" on her bank account is somewhere completely different. Your sort code doesn't change.

Hope you got it all sorted out in the end though.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, just read this lot and obvioulsy I have done the unthinkable.

Sloog I have apologised many times and you have also had your money back, although it was never done on the forums. You were also bnot upfront with giving me your details to pay the money back into your account.

As Sherlock has added, yes I am a pain in the *albartroth* with deals, and he is also right that I was skint, but he did also say that I do come through but you didn't want to know yourseld.

Anyways as for the thread I can do nothing but say you have only heard one side of the story and obviously the fact that I can still use the forums proves the problem has been resolved even if sloog believes otherwise

Issue has been resolved and the original accuser has now been banned for insulting other people he has had dealings with, hurling abuse, creating insultingly named duplicate accounts, spamming, sending insulting PMs, and generally being an abusive little child.

I am happy to believe that Spider1982 is NOT the poor trader Sloog has made him out to be.

Thread closed and moved to Resolved Matters sub-forum.

Archived