In related news, I tried to log into Arnies from my new PC today.

When I got to the news page the sidebar on the right (with links to the reviews, forums, chatroom etc) was missing.

I know it sometimes jumps to the bottom of the news page (first time you view Arnies?) so I scrolled down but it was missing completely.

No biggie. I just added "/forums" to the URL to get here but somebody looking at Arnies for the first time might think there wasn't much to the site if it happened to them. :unsure:

The navigation bar on the news page tends to jump around depending on the pictures posted there, if a picture is long it knocks the Nav to the bottom until newer news has been posted to move the image down and allow room at the top for the nav to return.

I had it disappear completely like you said a few times and I finally stopped acting like a dunce and changed the URL in my favorites to add /forums, I rarely read the main page now.

I guess that it may also be caused by images posted on the main page, prehaps there just isn't enough room for the nav to be placed, as in an image at the top and towards the bottom that conflicts with space so the nav isn't generated at all.

Should be fixable if the posted image width was restricted and images were posted on their own line so text wouldn't space them. Maybe just have the images automatically reduced like they are on the forums and people can click them to open a new image window for a larger view.

• 2 weeks later...