Joker- Issue with a deal....

demoncase

Hi guys,

After a protracted trade- I agreed with Joker on the sale of his Uzi package on the 10th of August.

Payment of £160 was made on my payday, via Paypal on the 15th of August....VCRA compliance was exchanged.

Today is the 21st. No parcels have been delivered. If the Uzi has been posted Standard Parcels it should be here by now (or tomorrow at the latest.)

I've sent him PMs here and on the other airsofting forum he frequents plus an e-mail to his paypal adress....But no reply.

Judging by his previous trading activity I think this is highly unusual so there must be exceptional circumstances....

I've not received any reply and he hasn't been on either forum since 11th of August....

Does anyone know him and have a clue as to his online whereabouts?

If so, could you ask him to get in touch as I'm a bit concerned at the lack of response....if at all possible provide me with some contact details for him as PMs and E-mail don't appear to be getting there....

You should have had his contact information before trading.

IMPORTANT - Exchange of Details

If you enter into any form of trade with someone you should exchange the following details (as a minimum) with the other party before proceeding to the point of exchanging goods and money:

• Full name
  • Full home address
  • Contact phone number (a landline if available)
  • Primary email contact address (not a free account if possible)

This is extremely important, as several complaints have been made in the past about sellers disappearing. If the individual wants to trade but won't divulge the details above then they cannot be trusted to trade with. With the above information you have some means of tracking that individual down.

Any sellers or buyers that do not wish to divulge the above details to a person that they have agreed a sale with are asked not to advertise on these boards.

Individuals that are reported to us who are advertising, but will not exchange details with an agreed buyer/seller will be banned from the site.

To reiterate for clarity: When a sale or trade is agreed, BOTH PARTIES must exchange details before the exchange of goods.

Optional backup: As a further backup you are welcome to use the email facility on these boards (the email button found in a person's profile or forum post), if available, to send your details to the other party you are trading with. All emails sent through the forum are logged, and if there is an urgent need, an admin can lookup emails that have been sent through the boards.

Emails sent though the forum arrived tagged in your (or the recipient's) email box with "(From ArniesAirsoft Forums)" in the subject line, and the email headers can be checked to verify where the email was sent from. Please be aware that some spam filters falsely block emails from the forums. There is nothing we can do about this.

He may be away at the moment. He is looking after some kit I bought till I return to the UK at the end of September. He did say he was going away and would be back by then, but I don't know when he was going and when he was due back.

He may be away at the moment. He is looking after some kit I bought till I return to the UK at the end of September. He did say he was going away and would be back by then, but I don't know when he was going and when he was due back.

Thanks mate.... Bit worrying as I didn't get that info from him when we agreed the trade.

Good to go mate- only £50 to get the handbrake done!

Ping me your Paypal addy again and all will be done on the 15th at lunchtimeish

Hi mate

Are you still ok to send payment on/around the 15th ?

Cheers

Dave

of course!

I'm away training for 2 weeks from the 11th, hence why I'm trying to get deals tied up before I go but .......... I can wait until the 15th for the money, if you can wait until I get back to send the gun out ?? :)

Can you wait until the 15th for the dosh?- that's when I get paid!

Hi mate

Are you still interested in the Uzi ?

Was due to be used for a project but is likely to be back up for grabs ......

I'd take £160 for the package to clear it :)

Cheers

Dave

Above are the PM's from which the deal was agreed (Seller RED, Buyer BLUE, newest first, oldest last), which CLEARLY state that I will be away for 14 days; as it happens it was 48hrs longer due to operational reasons.

NB : I am more than happy for Admins to go into the PM's to check them.

The buyer was given a discount, with time frames CLEARLY and HONESTLY arranged and agreed by both parties.

I have NEVER had bad feedback from a deal, either on this or any other forum/auction site, or any issues with Paypal.

Thanks to Demoncase, we now have a Paypal complaint to waste time/effort/money dealing with, and a tarnished reputation ..................

(Cheers Al, all safe for your return ;) )

Archived