Radio Comms Thread

Fatal

Anybody able to help a brother out here?

I got myself  two z-tac u94 PTT for motorola double pin as here: http://www.airsoftsupplydrop.co.uk/store/z-tactical-u94-ptt-for-motorola-double-pin.html

Then two motorola talkabout t5022 (which is a double pin) 

However the pin holes in on the radio are too far apart for the PTT. 

Can anybody recommend me a pmr446 radio that is compatible with the above PTT? Cheers! 

Cheers.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ptt plug is exactly like shown in your link?

Yup.

The Feidaxin FD-450a UHF uses that motorola 2 pin connector and has decent reviews and support. It's a programmable chinese radio like the Baofengs and Puxings.

There is also adapters from 2 pin to 1 pin if you really want to use the T5022.

Thanks. FWIW my T5022 is certainly a two pin - one is slightly larger then the other (by a bout 2mm) as per my headset. The problem is is that the two holes are far apart. Maybe I just got a weird one - no worries. 

Thanks for the recommendation of the Feidaxin. I have a baofeng but purchased without research - to use it on PMR466 would require a license due to the transmitter power - worried that the Feidaxin may be the same and information is pretty light on the ground. 

I own a T5022 too, and it has a 1 pin connector, the other hole is dummy and void inside!

It's true that chinese programmable radios can't be used as a PMR 446 radios legally in Europe. But in practice authorities doesn't really care unless you use it outside the PMR 446 frequencies.

If you already have a Baofeng, it's better to sell these cheap Moto 2-pin PTTs and get a new one for it (Kenwood 2 pin).

I own a T5022 too, and it has a 1 pin connector, the other hole is dummy and void inside!

aahhh for *fruitcage*s sake!!!! Why would they do that!?   :D Oh well - thanks so much.  I'll bear the baofeng in mind but for now will get a two pin to one pin adaptor? Any guidance on whether this is suitable?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adaptor-Connector-Motorola-Earpiece--SECURITY-STORE/dp/B00JEDLVHK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1454411768&sr=8-8&keywords=motorola+two+pin+one+pin+adaptor

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ADAPTOR-CONNECT-MOTOROLA-EARPIECE-TAKABOUT/dp/B00OEE79YI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454411768&sr=8-1&keywords=motorola+two+pin+one+pin+adaptor

Apologies for the spoon feeding but I don't trust anything anymore  :fear:

I could have sworn this had been covered here before but using the search function (this is over 50 pages long after all) but I can't find it.

I'm wondering if any of you have the correct information having gone down that route.  I have a TTi TXL-446 and am trying to work out which 2-pin connectors work for it, i.e. which headsets I can use.

I could have sworn this had been covered here before but using the search function (this is over 50 pages long after all) but I can't find it.

I'm wondering if any of you have the correct information having gone down that route. I have a TTi TXL-446 and am trying to work out which 2-pin connectors work for it, i.e. which headsets I can use.

http://www.transmission1.eu/viewtopic.php?t=30125

From the link Alias1983 posted I picked up the following table from which I've extracted :

Icom
Straight
Plug

S1

S1 Plug Icom Maxon Straight Plug

Icom IC-F3, F3S, F4, F4S, F4TR, F10, IC-H2, H6, J12, M5, U12, U16, 4008, 4088A, T7H
Maxon SL25, SL55 SP100, SP120, SP130, SP140, PL1145, PL2215, PL2415, PL2245, PL2445, SP200, SP200K, SP210, SL100 and Legacy Series-, PL2245P, PL2415, PL2445, PL51

TTI tx1446
Cobra MT525, MT725 and all two pin models
Maxon SL25, SL55, SP120, SP130, SP140 etc.

s1straight-2.jpg
10mm spacing
Icom
rt Angled
Plug

S3

S3 Plug Rt Angled

Icom IC-F3G, F3GS, F4G, F4GS, F11, F11S, F14, F14 S, F15, F14/24, F21, F21S, F22, F31, F33, F43 , ICOM ICV8 and most other Icom

s3sml.gif

so I bought an ear piece from ebay based on the above and it works fine.

• 7 months later...

So I got my sordin sorted out, but I've got a new issue, this one with a M3 in ear headset.

The headset is receiving transmission fine, but fails to transmit at all. According to TEA, who have the headset, my radios, adapters and a ptt there, the headset works fine, but they think the radio is not outputting the right voltage. That being said, it's an electric mic and shouldn't need an amplifier.

The M3 has a Lemo connection, which is connected to a mk3 ptt, to a 10 pin to 6 pin adapter, to a 6 pin to kenwood adapter, which in turn I have plugged into a puxing uv973 or 777.

Does anyone have experience with the M3 headset? Even just photos of one working and hooked up to a civilian radio would be great.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found a guy on FB that sells them amplified for €70 a piece. They work a treat.

Unfortunately one of my Baofengs doesn't work with them at all (the plugs feel a little loose, so that must be the issue). It does work with the crappy headset it came with, so it must be that.

Archived