Radio Comms Thread

Fatal

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ghostwolf

20140226_200809_4_zpsyrult2sx.jpg

Sorry for the delay,

This is what I've put together so far, a yoga fist mic with a generic D earpiece, I'm converting an old acoustic headset to run with the mic but that's a stop gap until I find a nice throat mic/ ptt combo.

I have an airsoft ptt that fits the radio but as yet no headset with compatible "military plug" to try it with, I quite fancy some clone sordins/comtacs but I keep hearing about them failing.

Jim

I've just tested the new wireless PTT set from Ztac with my BF UV-R5 radio and it uses a Kenwood connector. When I press the inline PTT button it transmits fine, however when I release the press it does not actually stop TX'ing right away. Anyone got any ideas about this? Is it the radio or the shoddy PTT?

No idea really; i need to dig my sets out to check see what is or isn't working with them. Like i said mine out of the box would not light up like it is supose to and now i have got it to light up it isnm't doing it in the manner that it is supose to acording to the instructions - poor quality really.

If you're looking to attach your MSA/Sordin headsets to your helmet with the Comtac ARC rail mounts, you need to get these adapters!  They work great and will still allow you to remove the ARC mounts and reinstall the factory headband.  They have been working great.
You can get them from http://ironforgedconcepts.com/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_N1-zF6P6E

• 2 weeks later...

My current setup is Peltor2 Dualcomm + U94 PTT and Puxing 888/Baofeng UV5R. The peltor microphone has been changed so that it works with these radios.

My problem is that transmitting/receiving disturbs the active hearing protection. First it degrades the volume and then cuts it off. It also might turn it on again.

When the boom mic is not attached the closer I bring the antenna of the radio against the boom mic connector, the worse it gets. See the picture for the 2pin connector I mean http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/407/comtacrez6cj2.jpg
However, in this case you need to bring the antenna very close to the Peltors.

Situation changes when the boom mic is attached. This causes that even if the antenna is in my radio pouch, it might cause the same symptoms. I would also like to note that all this happens even if the radio is not connected to the PTT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm assuming you mean the PRC-152 as TRI haven't released an MBITR yet.

I'm using mine with a TRI PTT and RS comtac 3s. Receiving is fine but transmissions were really quiet, barely audible on full volume. Fixed with a TRI mic on the comtacs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Why no just run all TRI?

Seems like the mikes are stand alone, we can get them here in Canada so I'm sure you can find it in HK too.

I'm running the 153 with a Racal PTT, an antenna extension to their 3' blade antenna and either their Comtac IIIs or a throat mike with an earwig.

Link to mike. http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=2807

tinkle60 ya that's what I meant. I've done all I can in terms of research and compatibility and problem solving etc etc. Wanted to make sure before I ended up dumping and selling my HT1000 radios and Peltor PTT's and picking up the PRC, PTT and a comtac headset.

Why no just run all TRI?

Seems like the mikes are stand alone, we can get them here in Canada so I'm sure you can find it in HK too.

I'm running the 153 with a Racal PTT, an antenna extension to their 3' blade antenna and either their Comtac IIIs or a throat mike with an earwig.

Link to mike. http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=2807

Funny enough, I couldn't find any, even on China's version of evil-bay.

• 1 month later...

After months of preparation, I finally finished my radio setup last night.  Wanted dual comms and no knock-off kit, but didn't wanted to pay crazy prices for a full dual comm with headset(especially the PTTs...)  Also can't fit sordin/comtacs under my helmet, so used motorcycle helmet speakers, as I mentioned earlier.  I also have some electronic earpro I can plug in when I'm not using my helmet.  Technically it's triple comms, since the boafeng transmits and receives two channels at the same time  :D Now if I could only get some friends to talk to me...

ec9b8316-d946-4e99-bf0d-3f8fe4f70cd1.jpg

Thanks.  I've had the saber II for a few years, I got the antenna for it off an ebay store, but can no longer find it(I wanted to buy another).  The antenna on the uv-82 is a Nagoya.  I got good results from the antenna on my saber over the stock one, my teammate got one as well.  I'll run the full set up at Lion Claws this weekend, so fingers crossed

• 3 weeks later...

Looks really good! I'm selling my HT1000 setup and plan on using the funds to go with TRI. Might take awhile but hopefully once I get around to doing so, perhaps there will be something new or better that comes out. Would like to get my hands on the Unite Star MBITR but can't seem to find it in stock anywhere. Aside from here and Airsoft Canada, anyone have a link to any other sites where I can read up on some literature on the TRI and United Star radios with in depth pictures and reviews?

Archived