World war Z: what would you do?

WhutJP

a ham radio so I could communicat once the redekker plan or equivalent is put into effect and wait for extraction to the safe zone.

My dad is a hammy and loves to use the possibility of apocalypse (be it zombie or otherwise) to convince me to be one too.

As for me, my first idea, after the Winchester of course, would be to stock up on survival gear I can carry on my person. Lucky for us, we are Airsofters, so we already have a lot of gear at our disposal that can help us carry things and protect our bodies from harm. A good pair of brain stomping boots, backpack + camelbak, gloves, and a helmet (even if its only plastic) would all give you a significant advantage over other survivors. Unfortunately I don't own any effective anti-zombie weaponry, but I know people who have access to guns and ammo. I figure it would be a much safer bet, from both zombies and the insane living, to contact those friendlies rather than raiding my local gun shop.

3 problems you have to consider when contacting other survivors, whether you know them or not:

1. Synchronizing your plans. One of your friends might be hellbent on making it to the mountains, while others may have access to a boat. All of your means of transportation could vary as well.

2. Being discreet with what information you reveal to strangers or even friends. If you tell someone you do have access to a boat or some other defensive advantage, you might not want to go around telling every survivor you meet about it. They would end up wanting to tag along, either slowing you down or taking up precious space in your boat/castle/etc.

3. The more survivors you find, the more loved ones they will want to contact. People that you care little about or could hinder your own efforts at survival. Not to mention the whole process of gathering everyone together takes time.

I think my best bet would be to meet up with anyone I care about and head over to the national guard base that's not far out of town. It'd serve as an excellent and (hopefully) safe staging area, where we could wait out the catastrophe as long as need-be, but remain mobile if the *suitcase* hits the fan. All of that provided they let us seek refuge on the base.

I think the biggest problem with a boat that you could live on for a good amount of time is worrying about other boaters. You will encounter other maritime survivors who could potentially be running low on supplies and hope, and would kill you and your loved ones to get their hands on your own supplies. This, paired up with the zombies, could produce one badass apocalypse. Now you've got to also worry about pirates! All we need now is to somehow factor ninjas into this equation and the only reason to stay alive would be just to witness this awesome *suitcase* go down.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Castles are the key to any UK survivor, indeed any European one! They're designed to defend against exactly the sort of combat a Z horde does. They're quite simply impentrable. The only thing you do have to do properly is supplies. In the UK, water shouldn't be a problem.. enough of the stuff falls on our heads!

The ground is normally fairly arable, so if you have a decent sized castle, you can grow your own food. Tinned goods are of course essential as well.

The other thing with castles is the multi layered defenses. If something does indeed go horribly pants, you simply retreat further in and retake the tier at your leisure.

http://www.warwick-castle.co.uk/

intact and full of restaurants and food stands. the draw bridge and portcullis even work... and they have a trebuchet...

Archived