Ready to ship inokatsu m4?

kimkafwan

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, and I caught this on the Systema Forum, theres some legal issues between Inokatsu and WA and G&P, which means that (supposedly) Inokatsu can't ship the GBB rifle outside of Taiwan because of Patent infringement.

I don't know if this is true, but its worrying if it is. Anyone else heard anything similar?

Copy of mail:

Dear Sirs,

Tks for your mail

Our answer is under your question in Red Bolt, pls check !

Waiting for your reply

Regards

Eva

>>>>> Original Message <<<<<

To: service@inokatsu.com

Sent: Sat,06 Sep 2008 16:37:58 Asia/Taipei

Subject: M4 sopmod

Hi,

Here a couple of questions:

. could you tell me when the release is schedule? co2 or gas version?

Our M4A1 SOP MTW is available for order but the syestem is gas.

. can we buy spare mags?

Magazine will be available in the beginning of Oct.

. how do the replica and mags cost?

Our M4A1 SOP MTW without magazine 1 set is at USD 800.00 and so far the syestem is GAS not CO2

Regards.

But didn't tell me where i could buy it.

A lot of manufacturing establishments don't operate their own supply network. Supply and sales is very cost intensive and difficult to organise, so they tend to leave this up to their retail outlets.

My guess is, when they say "its ready to order" I think they mean to their retailers, and not direct to the end user.

But this seems to go against what was mentioned by SAA on the Systema forum.......confusion, confusion, confusion!

Off topic:

Dear Sirs,

Tks for your mail

Our answer is under your question in Red Bolt, pls check !

Waiting for your reply

Regards

Eva

>>>>> Original Message <<<<<

To: service@inokatsu.com

Sent: Sat,06 Sep 2008 16:37:58 Asia/Taipei

Subject: M4 sopmod

Hi,

Here a couple of questions:

. could you tell me when the release is schedule? co2 or gas version?

Our M4A1 SOP MTW is available for order but the syestem is gas.

. can we buy spare mags?

Magazine will be available in the beginning of Oct.

. how do the replica and mags cost?

Our M4A1 SOP MTW without magazine 1 set is at USD 800.00 and so far the syestem is GAS not CO2

Regards.

But i don't know where we can buy it...

Who knows...this is a big release and no one has "copied" any of WA's guns before. I'm sure WA is ###### so they might even be fighting it legally. Next in the news...inokatsu gets sued, goes bankrupt and spare parts are liquidated for a low wholesale cost! Woohoo!

But one thing I find strange.. Why have they not started to sell the WA body and spare parts like all the others?.. If they have trouble releasing the gun itself, they should start getting money for all the other parts they could sell..

They don`t really need to release the MTW first to be able to release spare parts for something other.. something is not entirely right here.. I smell something other stuff going on.

Prime, G&P and maybe others have released spare parts and body kits.. so why not Inokatsu..

Thats a good point IBICO

Plus I'm sure that a company like Inokatsu would have looked into the legalities of producing something like this long before actually going to tool all the parts up!

I just can't believe these guys would be so stupid as to invest soo much money on a product only to find out they can't sell it. Surely they knew they would be selling a design very close to the WA design.....

to lee1hy (and only lee1hy) - the red bolt is the one that inokatsu will be releasing that can use co2. the gray bolt (which is what we use now) is meant for gas only, while the red bolt will be used for co2, which obviously isn't a gas...

----

On a side note...I think the original poster changed the answers that inokatsu put in "red letters" and put it in black normal lettering.

edit: In case people took my joke to lee1hy seriously...it's not a red bolt...it was supposed to be the e-mail had "red bold" letters to correspond to the answers for the questions ;)

They aren't selling a design very close to WA. They're selling WA's design itself. Materials don't matter. It's the system (magna) that they're copying which might be the problem. To me it was all a money making scheme that backfired in their face. From what i've heard inokatsu's external builds are simply awesome (their ak ones). But the internals were ###### because they took a CHEAP CRAPPY gearboxes and put it in their awesome bodies. Basically i think/feel/notice they overcharge because they don't mass produce parts, but instead spend all their time copying/duplicating bodies to be nice. Why do you think they haven't duplicated a systema ptw? Because it's too complicated for them to "copy". Unless you've looked inside a wam4...the trigger mechanism is actually quite simple. It's the gas piston driving system that's the key to the design. Without that, you have nothing.

Let's hope inokatsu ISN'T as dumb as they seem...for everyone's sake.

At the same time, other companys can release upgrade parts without issue. So I would think Inokatsu could get around it by selling the gun sans like 1 part. (maybe a firing pin or something) and call it a "WA UP-GRAYED KIT!!1!!ONE" and then just sell the pin/spring/whatever separate for like 1$

I think the issue is something much more simple.

Think I`ll stick with my WA :D After I am done with it I would probably be using so much money on it that it is MINE and not WA or anything else.

Same as my PTW M4 (Now diemaco SFW).. It is not much original left there.. so I feel it is something special. If that got stolen or something I could never rebuild another and feel I got the same gun.

So when the inokatsu come.. I might have gone so far with my WA that I just could not scrap it for an Inokatsu.

erm.. gas?! Like the WA M4?

I thought those mtw series is co2 based?! Or did I mess something up..

*confused.

mtw was supposed to be dual systems.. Both ordinary gas and C02. So two different types of magazines for it and two different types of bolt to have inside.

So use C02 then use the heavy bolt since the C02 is a more powerful gas. the WA is based on ordinary gas, but upgraded it should be able to take the C02 mags from inokatsu. (based on that inokatsu could use the WA mags)

So use C02 then use the heavy bolt since the C02 is a more powerful gas.

..means, that I have to buy the "gas" M4 from inokatsu.. and sometime in the future there'll some upgrade parts (and other mags) for co2 use? ( ?! --> $$$ )

sorry for asking questions that maybe no one can answer yet.. but, as said above, I'm a bit confused ;)

I was looking forward to this co2 rifle,... but if its only useable with co2 if I have to buy upgrade parts and 10000+ mags (firstly for gas, later on for co2) .. erm..

-> *confused²

;)

maybe I'm totally wrong, but thats how I understand it..

IBICO...i hope you're not referring to the two diff bolts from my post to leethy :) it was a typo on inokatsu or the poster of the quote. it's not "red bolt" it's supposed to be "red bold" ;) i was just teasing

hehe.. That was also what I had in mind.. But rather thought about an earlier post or was it the other inokatsu thread where they showed the inokatsu prototype at some gun-show and it had the heavy steel bolt running on ordinary gas instead of the C02.

But it make sense also.. you can`t just put C02 mag in the WA without having a heavy bolt to take the "blow" from the C02.

It is the same thing when using blanks on the AG3 in the army.. When using ordinary 7.62 ammo then you used the ordinary heavy bolt. when using blanks you had to use the light bolt.

The bolt on the WA is pretty light but there is also made lighter so you would get a good blowback (with less kick in your shoulder) to make it run a bit faster when using ordinary gas.

USD 800 (and rising) and no ETA. That actually sucks since I was really looking foward to seeing what some of the other companies would do. The WA M4 has so much potential. Hopefully they can get things sorted out.

I think that the price of $730 USD was for bulk ordering, as the e-mail lee1hy received said '30 units at $730 each'. $800 is the individual unit price when ordering one rifle direct from Inokatsu.

Regardless weither it comes with a mag or not, I would rather buy this over the WA, especially considering the price of aftermarket receivers for the WA :o

This is all starting to get very confusing.

Im not sure why these chinese and taiwanese companies seem to have no business models, plans or organization.

Granted, we are all "operating" off of third hand knowledge but you would think that the company would have a better method to distribute its news.

We've all been wondering whether or not the MTW is coming. As of now it seems like it is although its not being released as promised. Its MSRP is way higher than expected and the Co2 feature is non existent. At this point in time we dont even know what magazines it uses. We've all assumed and been indirectly told that it uses WA magazines.

The good news is that if this MTW is ever released, even at 800 dollars its still a relatively "good" deal IF the metal body is quality and IF there are other reinforced internals in the system. I just wish Inokatsu would release some "official" information and give us a status update. The fact that they're remaining so quiet at this point in time is a little disturbing. Then again, they're not really obligated to tell us anything IF there are legal issues.

@ Magsz

The situation, and solution, is simple. Like every company that has advertised a product and failed to produce, or has produced too late.....their product gathers dust on the shelves of the few stores that decide to stock them......Classic Army SCAR H anyone?

A few companies have managed to buck this trend, like VFC with its EGLM and SCAR H....but I guess, as a community we have a certain degree of "trust" in a company like VFC to deliver.....

Everyone who has an interest in GBB rifles was waiting for WA M4, it came and, in some ways it failed, so badly in fact that now only a few airsoft retailers will or do stock the rifle. Some of the main UK retailers have told me in clear language, they will not stock it becuase they don't want the issues selling it will bring.

Inokatsu, like every other airsoft manufacturer does NOT have an obligation to tell "us", the airsoft community, its plans, but it better think twice, becuase if WE don't support it, its game over.

I was waiting for the Inokatsu, but after these mixed signals, a late release (if any) and the news that the system will not be what it said it was, I'm seriously considering just going back to the WA set-up, sucking up the pain and upgrading now the parts seem to be availble.

If enough people take that stance, even if Inokatsu brings out its fabled rifle, no one is going to have the interest or funds to spend on it.....so its their loss.

One thing to remember in all of this though:

Inokatsu isn't the only airsoft maker to breathe "Hot air" on the GBB rifle front. Wheres the LA Studio GBB, and the Tanio Koba GBB.....not to mention the WE GBB rifle that was supposed to wow us.

In the end, the only company to actually come through on this was / is Western Arms....everything else is vapourware.

I think that the price of $730 USD was for bulk ordering, as the e-mail lee1hy received said '30 units at $730 each'.

If that's the case then the MTW will certainly retail for over USD 900 (shipped with no magazine). There's no way retailers are going to be ok with such a small profit margin (USD 70?!?!). Inokatsu is just tossing numbers at us again. :(

Archived