Tokyo Marui M4 PMC Limited Edition

Sturmjager

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I don't suppose a large, angry letter to TM from "We, the people of Arnies" signed by a couple thousand angry brits, some Americans, and an assorted group of others would do jack s--t.

Seriously. Jing Gong makes this gun allready. So does G&P.

Do something original. How about an Resident Evil themed M4 shotgun? What about the HALO guns some of us have been dreaming of for like, ever? What about a CRYE MR-C? There are a thousand guns no one is makeing. They could have the corner on this market, but they choose to remake guns others are doing and think people will pay three times the amount because it has the TM name.

It's retarded.

Do something original. How about an Resident Evil themed M4 shotgun? What about the HALO guns some of us have been dreaming of for like, ever? What about a CRYE MR-C? There are a thousand guns no one is makeing. They could have the corner on this market, but they choose to remake guns others are doing and think people will pay three times the amount because it has the TM name.

It's retarded.

That's rich, considering Marui invented the automatic electric gun. The MR-C and Halo weapons are completely fictional weapons, what is TM (or anyone else for that matter) going to pull the measurements for them from? Sure, the externals on Marui AEG's are nothing new, but most of Marui's innovations come in their internals - version 7 gearboxes for M14's, AEP's, burst fire (even if it doesn't necessarily work well), the list goes on and on. I'm not a fan of the M4 PMC itself, but at least it's guaranteed to work, given it's a Marui AEG.

As long as the weapon is practical, who cares what it looks like?

I can see this being a capable CQB companion. The relatively low muzzle velocity is perfect - less chances for accidents to happen.

I really don't understand why people bash TM now. Their products are rock-solid, easily upgradable, and well worth the money. For example, my G3SG/1 is three years old and still runs perfectly using mostly stock TM internals (the only things that I have changed are the bushings and inner barrel). It pushes 355-360 FPS consistently and can accurately nail man-sized targets at 150 feet. The rifle has seen action in every game that I have participated in three years. With a fully-charged battery and a rig full of loaded mags, I have nothing to fear. The rifle has survived getting bashed into trees, the ground, and other players. It also fired perfectly after three days in an extremely dusty environment with no cleaning. In all three years, I've never suffered one misfeed, jam, or misfire. I dare any Chinese clone to replicate THAT.

I don't want to make into into a "TM am teh bestest gun maker" argument. I'm merely pointing out that TM deserves some recognition for legendary reliability and durability. I also own a TM Glock 17 (fitted with a Guarder full external enhancement kit) and a TM M733 (which is receiving a set of Systema bushings and a G&P replacement receiver as we speak). None of these weapons have ever failed me.

The TM FAMAS F1 is the foundation upon which all modern AEGs are built. Don't forget that. TM has also made many other innovations - the HOP-up system, burst chip, mechanical three-round burst system, V-HOP, etc.

In the end, I'm a practical man who buys what he needs and demand that his weapons and gear be able to take the same amount of beating that he can take. My weapons get used, not pampered. I don't have time to admire how awesome they look. I demand that my weapons be externally durable and internally reliable. With these guidelines, upgraded TMs are the only guns that fit the bill.

As long as the weapon is practical, who cares what it looks like?

I can see this being a capable CQB companion. The relatively low muzzle velocity is perfect - less chances for accidents to happen.

I really don't understand why people bash TM now. Their products are rock-solid, easily upgradable, and well worth the money. For example, my G3SG/1 is three years old and still runs perfectly using mostly stock TM internals (the only things that I have changed are the bushings and inner barrel). It pushes 355-360 FPS consistently and can accurately nail man-sized targets at 150 feet. The rifle has seen action in every game that I have participated in three years. With a fully-charged battery and a rig full of loaded mags, I have nothing to fear. The rifle has survived getting bashed into trees, the ground, and other players. It also fired perfectly after three days in an extremely dusty environment with no cleaning. In all three years, I've never suffered one misfeed, jam, or misfire. I dare any Chinese clone to replicate THAT.

I don't want to make into into a "TM am teh bestest gun maker" argument. I'm merely pointing out that TM deserves some recognition for legendary reliability and durability. I also own a TM Glock 17 (fitted with a Guarder full external enhancement kit) and a TM M733 (which is receiving a set of Systema bushings and a G&P replacement receiver as we speak). None of these weapons have ever failed me.

The TM FAMAS F1 is the foundation upon which all modern AEGs are built. Don't forget that. TM has also made many other innovations - the HOP-up system, burst chip, mechanical three-round burst system, V-HOP, etc.

In the end, I'm a practical man who buys what he needs and demand that his weapons and gear be able to take the same amount of beating that he can take. My weapons get used, not pampered. I don't have time to admire how awesome they look. I demand that my weapons be externally durable and internally reliable. With these guidelines, upgraded TMs are the only guns that fit the bill.

Nice speech there.

Pity it still doesn't change the fact that this release is boring and useless. It's just another f**king armalite.

TM doesn't do original things?

Wow, I must have imagined all the innovations where they were the first ones, and remained the only ones for quite a few years. Such as:

-The first AEG.

-The first Hi-Cap magazine.

-The first AEG with blowback, years before the Guarder Auto-Back. (PSG-1)

-The first pre-cocking AEG, way before KSC and G&G. (PSG-1)

-The first burst-chip.

-The first two pressure-points in hop-up (G26)

... I could go on ad nauseam, but I think you get the point.

Almost all other manufacturers are simply standing on the shoulders of this giant, with the notable exception of Western Arms and Tanio Koba. WA was the first to come out with a proper realistic blowback system and has stuck to their own designs for 15 years, and their stuff has been licenced (Tanaka) and copied by lots of other manufacturers. Tanio Koba on the other hand created the base for every other GBB pistol on the market, and in fact designed the GBB system for Tokyo Marui and Maruzen. Tanaka and Marushin should be noted for making highly realistic models for a niche market, exploring shells, revolvers and gas rifles.

As to this release being boring and useless: Well, if you wanted to get a TM "Stubby Killer" because one reason or another, now you can. It's funny how other new Marui guns don't get such flak, for example the MEU. I mean it's just another boring 1911, no? ;)

-Sale

admitedly it has a noveske and the ras goes to the body.... but it really is just a copy.... heck, the g&g and JG have the spr grip, and this has a regular m4 grip :S maybe TM have a solid market in japan, but anyone who wants one of these probably already has one!

like Mr Darklite said... this gun is JUST a clone... this time TM is doing the cloning.... stick that in your pipe and smoke it 'zomg china am clonering tmz'

i'm pretty sure that fareast said so a while ago.

he certainly said that only TM AEG's were available in Japan.

It's about import duties as much as anything else- You have to be a very,very wealthy person in Japan to consider importing a European car (as an example) since the Japanese Government massively taxes foreign imports to protect local manufacturers...

Since TM have this additional "economic protection", as the government prices competitors out of the market, they can make pretty much anything and it'll sell...that's the joy of a captive audience.

I'm not sure if there are , in addition, laws about importing of airsoft guns into Japan- but considering their new sub-1J maximum power law I wouldn't be suprised... I imagine that anyone trying to import Cheapsoft AEGs(which tend toward 1.3J) into the Home Islands will have a very hard time

How is it a clone?

it doesn't look that much like a stubby killer cos it's got a patriot slit style rail system and a noveske flashhider

and how can anyone think it's fugly, just add a drum mag and it'll look awesome.

and come on, if it had a recoil system then everyone would buy it because it would be new in an AEG armalite

@Ing Eisenhorn: Surely real operators would rather use something like, I don't know, a real gun? Yes yes I know VFC am bestest gun but I'm pretty sure they don't kill people.

:flamed: see, now thats the funniest thing I've read all week :D I notice you're from the US, so either you've mastered the art of Irony and subtle humour.....or......no, it can't be the other thing.

Perhaps I should explain myself just in case it is the other thing ;)

When I mentioned the VFC KAC PDW, I only added the VFC part because they make the airsoft version.....now, I'm pretty sure no self respecting (sane) PMC would go on patrol with an airsoft replica....but he might be tempted to go on patrol with the real steel version (if it exists) as opposed to something like a stubby killer. This is what I took from the VFC website:

As with all personal defense weapons, the KAC PDW is intended to be compact and lightweight (similar to submachineguns), but have a longer useful range (out to the low end of combat rifle ranges, 200-300 m). A PDW would be issued primarily to troops who are not offensive combat infantry, but who might need a highly capable defensive weapon if they were attacked, such as truck drivers, artillery troops, tank crews, aircraft crews, and other support troops.

What do you think? does that make more sense? It looks to me like the PDW would be more compact and much more suited to client protection during driving and enclosed spaces.....however, on the other hand so would an MP5, G36C, FN P90, and some AK variants......

If you change out the front end for a 10.5" front end, I think it would be a pretty good looking little gun. The last TM M4 I purchased had a full length cylinder in it so hopefully this one will follow suit. But as it stands right now, that free-float is ugly as sin.

-Piano.

Can't we get something new from one of these airsoft manufacturers? Why is it they have no problem releasing dozens of cosmetic variants of the most basic guns, yet when it comes to producing different models of guns they just... die?

Also, I'm 6'5 and I can't see myself handling on of these guns, they're too small I think. Maybe one in each hand ^_^

You're absolutely right.

There are so many guns that people demand and hope for everyday from airsoft companies, but they insist on making just more M16/M4. AK, and MP5 variants with a couple more do-dad's and sell it at a higher price.

For example, even though the real project is scrapped at the moment, I know tons of people who'd like a decent XM8 made by a respectable manufacturer. And hell, make the other three variants. Then sell the different barrel and foregrip lengths, scopes, body colors, etc. as add-on kits for low prices. Would be a pretty good move and bring in some good profits.

Also, make a Tavor series, and update some of your old guns with metal bodies, other upgrades, and sell them at the same price or lower than the current models, give the Chinese TM clones a run for their money.

...or, you could just have an AK-74M PMC with a few RIS rails and blowback...

Oh wow, this seems to be a thread of clone-loving TM haters.

Talk about not respecting your roots!

Some of you have made pathetically short-sighted comments about JG and G&G already making Stubby Killer guns, or whatever.

This isn't meant to be anything like that.

The M4 PMC, is BLATANTLY a re-release of the Marui CAR 15, updated for a new market. Note the included Vietnam-style mag, cut-down front end, and solid stock.

Then look at the more modern features; i.e. flash-hider, and the R.I.S.

Vietnam fans rejoice - We finally get the CAR 15 back, after it was discontinued all those years ago, updated for a new market, and obviously a new generation of ignorant airsofters who can't remember who the real innovators of the market are.

Ben.

The M4 PMC, is BLATANTLY a re-release of the Marui CAR 15, updated for a new market. Note the included Vietnam-style mag, cut-down front end, and solid stock.

QFT

Although i agree this is just another bloody boring armalite they are a Japanese family owned company that makes guns purely for the Japanese market, i imagine there is quite a demand for a nice pre-built compact armalite over there and with their import tax system ACM guns will be the same if not more to buy.

You can't really say TM don't innovate either, as already said they came up with most of the modern airsoft systems these days and as of late people don't give them any reconition for it.

Oh, i don't buy TM for the name, i buy TM because when i get one of their guns i know that i can just go out and skirmish with it and have fun and that the gearbox will probably last until i'm 40. Whenever i buy an ACM gun i'm always dissapointed with something, if its not a badly shimmed gearbox its an M120 spring that needs swapping for a 1j!

So by that thinking, just because Henry FORD made the first production line motor car, I should only buy FORD vehicles,a nd when they bring out something as bland as the Ford FOCUS, well buy it anyway....cause they were there first.... <_<

Vietnam fans rejoice - We finally get the CAR 15 back, after it was discontinued all those years ago, updated for a new market, and obviously a new generation of ignorant airsofters who can't remember who the real innovators of the market are.

I think this is a bit of a short sighted statement. TM WERE the innovators, they're not anymore. They're an insular company that seems to cater for a segment of the market, and not necessarily a global market...hence their releases. I'm a customer, not a fan, therefore I'll give credit where credit is due....you can call me ignorant, but I couldn't give a fig for how great TM might once have been.....I've got money burning a hole in my pocket, and I'd like to buy an airsoft version of a FN SCAR.....ohh, TM don't make those....thats alright, I'll ignore STAR, VFC, and G&G...and buy that oh so boring M4 variant that TM sells.....cause, well, its TM <_< come on, are you serious?

What you're forgetting, is that the market has moved on, and TM hasn't kept up....so its their look-out if they generate negative press in the global market. As for the other points you mention....who cares if the gearbox is reliable at 250fps....I need to change out the plastic body, and I'll end up revamping the GB anyway to get up to the agreed 328fps allowed in the UK...so once I've finished ripping off all the "High quality" plastic hardware, and redone the gearbox, how much of my precious TM is there left anyway?

I have no probs with TM at all, they make the most reliable AEG's going, and their new releases look ace, even they are pricey. I just wish they would cater for everyone but the truth is they don't give a monkeys about anyone outside Japan, but thats their perogative at the end of the day.

But look at the below pic, taken from the TM website it even has the word 'Stubby' , it may be subtle but still an attempt to get on the bandwagon IMO. A CAR-15 re-release its not, its just another M4

Here's a decent pic

U3-1220000724.jpg

Archived