Pictures Thread, Our own Specific Thread, Read Rules

TheBauer

i know what you mean, met a guy at the first distant thunder, part of a recon team that were all using it, he called it reccy tape i belive. anyway, he goes by the alias pebblemonkey, drop him a PM and he should be able to tell you wear to get it

Cheers, though I'm replacing the stock with a ShootnScoot custom built L96 stock now, so probably won't bother. It suddenly dawned on me that I now have the money to justify the stok lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As requested for Bauer.

my modified APS-2 shotgun stock, mackled to fit my VSR. works fine, didn't take too long to sort out.

I have doubled the magazines up, so you just flip them over to change, also you dont need to remove it to load the bottom mag.

VSR1.jpg

well basically, its just the Laylax APS-2 Shotgun stock. Sold out on WGC, but went for about $280.

It wasnt that difficult to convert.

The rear screw stays in the same place, using the screw from the original trigger guard. You dont use the middle, instead this is used to locate the front mounting at the hop unit.

The hole for this needs to be drilled in the correct place.

Once this is done, its just modifying the magwell to suit. Thats fiddly, because you have to make up correct shape, but took me about 30mins with a dremel.

Some liberal use of chemical metal to secure everything in place, cut off the crappy shotgun bits, and secure the foregrip in place by screwing the set-screws in place. Job's a good-un.

Whilst its very functional, its not quite to my taste, and once I am in possesion of some decent wood, and I have made my custom stock I will probably be getting rid of this one.

Not quite the one you ordered eh mate? Oh well, looks better than I imagined, the only problem with the BGS barrels is that the actual flutes aren't very long, I'm hoping to get the ones extended on my AICS, think it'd take a genious to work out how to extend them on a spiral barrel!

Looking good over all though, nice work.

• 2 weeks later...

Bah ! lol beat me to it :D;) only joking, i remeber from last time :)

though would like to see the wrap you use, when i used a hessian ghillie like yours i made a rather nice wrap for mine, had to be taken off should i wish to disassemble the rifle but it worked really well.

heres a photo :D

DSC00401.jpg

on my bed with my old layout of gear

shooting.jpg

in game from a side view

Shootingthesniper.jpg

again in game with my multipoop ghey cam :D

left hand snipers ftw indeed, even more so my rifle is now left handed :D very proud i must say :D

the paint used in that picture was Tamiya OD Spray paint, tbh it sucked, my rifle has since been krylon'd, and the only places where paint has come off are on the scope, and where my hand sits around the stock near the triggerand near the front where i support it, the paint has got tinner in these areas, just needs touching up :)

As seen:

DSCF0147.jpg

You can see where the paint has flaked off even after several coats. must be because the plastic used on the end caps is bendy, as for the metal im not sure.

In the background you can see my 2nd left handed VSR kit.

black krylon comes tomorrow so that can be finished, and either added to my kit as a spare or sold on, im hoping theres a lefty vsr user out there wanting a custom peice of kit :D

Archived