Pictures Thread, Our own Specific Thread, Read Rules

TheBauer

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasnt too hard mate, I have never used filler befor. All you need to do is aply coats of up to 1cm, Make sure you m ix the filler and hardern properly. then make your shape, Remember you only have around 1 minute befor it starts to dry, And then get some 40 or 60 grit sandpaper and shape it, then some finer paper to finish it. This is how chef told me to do it and it worked well.

Finaly got the old krylon order in from Airsoft scotland. Brought 1 khaki 1 Olive 1 Dark Brown and have a tin of Matt black. I have used a real life foliage camo pattern, I have been reading up about how the spray your rifle properly and read, to use the lightest colour 100% , so kharki 100% , Then the next shade down which would be OD 50%, then The next shade which is Brown 50% then the darkest , Black 25%. Unfortioanly Airsoft scotland sent me a dodgy can which had a brown lid, With no spray nip and was actrully khaki, so i ended up with two cans on khaki and one OD, so will be ringing them requesting a proper can, and will finish the job, Here is the progress so far.

2005177484466444503_fs.jpg

2005174990933464860_fs.jpg

2005145603122929408_fs.jpg

2005169003711526998_fs.jpg

2005179980193881916_fs.jpg

2005159990890427236_fs.jpg

Scott :P

Wow thats really nice scott, loving the stock mod.

Heres some pictures of my ghillie, designed for winter use in alot of dead/dry bracken that grows through out my local site, hence the lack of greens.

Re-inforced the knee/thigh and elbow areas with some canvas then covered it over with old DPM material i had lying about.

Plan on using my molle chest rig with it, as pictured, only problem i have found is lying prone can take some re-arranging and fidgeting to get compfy.

Suggestions welcome :) Please excuse the shoes.

dscf0310de3.jpg

dscf0311yn6.jpg

dscf0312fu1.jpg

A bit vain really, but here's a pic' of my (almost) finished Warrior L96.

I've gradually been upgrading it for months but I didn't want to post any pic's until I got the stock painted with OD Krylon.

It's got a PDI 6.01 barrel in it, along with barrel spacers. I've also tinkered with the hop-up a bit so that's unique.

It's also got KM trigger internals and I'm also waiting for a funky adjustable KM trigger to arrive but they sent it seperately, along with a decent flash-hider as well.

I fitted a fake mag filled with lumps of metal to add weight and then ended up removing the metal weights fitted inside the gun because it ended up becoming a bit of a monster, once the bipod and scope were fitted.

The bipod, incidentally, is a TM versapod which is MUCH lighter than the supplied bipod, although they look identical. I then swapped the bipod feet over so the lighter TM bipod is fitted but looks authentic.

The scope is an M3 replica and (although you can't see it) I've printed out custom turret markings to give the correct elevations at different ranges.

That's a bit of real-steel related irony since the M3 has come in for a lot of stick for exactly the same thing. Apparently the range markings are calibrated to a specific round (7.62 NATO, I suppose) so shooters with different calibre rifles, or different loads, find that the M3 click-stops aren't correct and end up printing up their own.

Internally, I've polished the cylinder head and tidied up the area around the hop-up but it's all pretty-much stock.

I was shooting it on Saturday and was chuffed to see that (during chronoing) it shot 10 0.2g BBs and they ALL read 499fps or 498fps.

My site has 500fps limits for bolties and I am well pleased with this level of consistency and so near to the limit too. :D

Honestly, I haven't tested it for accuracy since fitting the 6.01. I zeroed the scope at 30m and hit what I aimed at all day. I meant to shoot some targets afterwards but never got around to it. I think it's going to be quite impressive though.

Anyway...

DSC_1358.jpg

Oh, and I won't be custom-painting the rifle. I like my guns to look bone-stock. Cammo will come courtesy of a wrap that's currently under construction.

me in the bushed posing with the ghillie:( rifle doesn't have the ghillie wrap on it because it was too hot to actually play in the gillie so i played DM without much camo)

i'm in the bush 2 meters in front of the other guy with the camera:

29_iul_07_0033.jpg

Picture from the guy in front:

29_iul_07_0034.jpg

Another:

29_iul_07_0031.jpg

Side,close up:

29_iul_07_0035.jpg

QUite surprised myself how well it works, this is even without vegetation added, without face/hands painted and without the rifle wrap.

Just waiting for this heat wave to pass( 38 Celsius on that particular day) so i can ghillie up and stalk :D

Archived