Pictures Thread, Our own Specific Thread, Read Rules

TheBauer

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys.

Thought I'd show you the silencer that I made for my Warrior1...

L96a.jpg

L96a1.jpg

Alloy tube, machined the front cap from alloy bar (love my lathe :P ) and lined the rear with a piece of plastic tubing so it's a really snug fit over the barrel.

It's filled with soft foam discs that I cut with my home-made foam cutter, just a piece of alloy tube (from the same piece the silencer came from) with one end sharpened, just twist into the foam, then punch an 8mm hole through it.

It's quite effective, on par with a G-Spec for sound.

Next thing to add is a nice camo paint-job...

19082007197.jpg

Newest Addition to my Ranks,

Stats:

Was a VSR Realshock.

-Have drilled pin out on reciever

-removed weights

-put in a dampener pad

-nineball hop rubber

-gspec inner barrel and outerbarrel

-gspec bolt handle

So basicaly i have a stubby quiet rifle firing at just under 1j. perfect for CQB and dense woodland, were alot of encounters are within 15m

its so light in comparison to my other gspec :D

Here are some photos from "The Protector IV". This session was located at the old airbase and our sniper/scout team had to observe the enemy base. Totally 300-400 players (I do not know the exact number).

Saturday early morning, after night-reco and observing. This place was taken at night...

Protector2.jpg

Then we found better place to observe our target area. It was an empty building in the green...

Protector6.jpg

This picture was taken during close range reco - and it was not easy and safe to get this photo :rolleyes:

This is the tower and one building at the base, we had to observe non-stop for 40 hrs. Distance 550m and 580m. 10x zoom... I was trying to take some photos thru night scopes, but those pics are not good at all... :huh:

Protector4.jpg

Protector5.jpg

Inside of our building. Sunday morning.

Protector8.jpg

And finally, our weapons and radio (the antena was on the tree outside of building)

Protector7.jpg

Harry

URNA

Who said that we should shoot at this distance? :) This was "observing mission", not "shoot-them-all-and-then-ask". ;)

And the location and distance was unbelievable real... So next time we go to shooting range, we will shoot at the same distance and hopefully at the same conditions from real steel sniper rifles. Just for training...

Harry

URNA

I very much don't want to create a new thread in your very tidy sub forum. So seen as my question has pictures, I guess I can post here? :P Please delete if necessary.

Just to say, that I am finally committed to joining the superior and elite ranks of you sniper creatures :)

The film Shooter, in the opening scenes, what is the sniper rifle used? An M40A1? :unsure:

Shooterrifle.jpg

Also, how can I make an as superior Ghillie as that? :P

Shooterghillie.jpg

Ok I'm sure you get asked similar noob questions like this all the time, but please be gentle :)

according to the book the film is based on "Point of Impact" and by looks Id say its a Remington 700, M24, or M40. probably M40 since thats what the Marines use, and Bob was a Marine.

on a similar note, can anyone tell me what scope is on the gun in the pics shown above?

and also what scope this is:

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9728/59619057mb2.jpg

thanks

Archived