Pictures Thread, Our own Specific Thread, Read Rules

TheBauer

I though the limits on that type of gun was 500 Fps ?

Scroll up a little and read some of the posts myself and Senor bear have made.

And for future reference the limit of the VSR has yet to be reached, I've seen one that shoots 740fps with a custom made spring and 650mm barrel.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On that note, I spent a whole day at one site with my 500fps'er & never chambered a round. With the min engage set at 30m & the undergrowth/foliage being so dense, I never got more than 25m of clear air!!

& I've never had an 'accidental discharge incident',,,,,but twice now I've hit people within 10m. Bloke breaks cover from bush as I pull trigger,,,,who new!! & bloke puts hand into flightpath (again, as trigger pulled) for no particular reason, after being told sniper was about to fire out of window!!

No one hit me with a sl9 or shouted muppet, both times all parties agreed that these were 'unavoidable accidents' & not my fault.

Got to say that I wish they were avoidable...............Even worse if the fps was higher!! Not that I'm against higher fps, but the increase in potential for injury mustn't be ignored.

Greg.

On that note, I spent a whole day at one site with my 500fps'er & never chambered a round.  With the min engage set at 30m & the undergrowth/foliage being so dense, I never got more than 25m of clear air!!

& I've never had an 'accidental discharge incident',,,,,but twice now I've hit people within 10m.  Bloke breaks cover from bush as I pull trigger,,,,who new!!  & bloke puts hand into flightpath (again, as trigger pulled) for no particular reason, after being told sniper was about to fire out of window!!

No one hit me with a sl9 or shouted muppet, both times all parties agreed that these were 'unavoidable accidents' & not my fault.

Got to say that I wish they were avoidable...............Even worse if the fps was higher!!  Not that I'm against higher fps, but the increase in potential for injury mustn't be ignored.

Greg.

I was referring to the guy firing @ 500fps with a .43g bb.

"wallhitme that face paint isn't really gong to matter since you shouldn't be standind and if you made your ghillie right when you lay prone the burlap covers your neck and ears. This was at Op kudzu in South Carolina USA."

its called overlap... its to make sure that if you happen to snag your ghilie, or when you move it exposes an area, you stil have camo there.

technically, if you made a ghillie right, you could wear clown clothes under it, but not many people do...

Nice picture guys :)

Will post my Unpainted rifle after i get some shots of it.

Current setup :

Vsr 10 G-spec

Deepfire 700mm Outer barrel

Laylax 555mm Inner barrel

Laylax Teflon cylinder

Laylax Air dampener Cylinder head.

M170 Spring 7mm :nosleep:

Laylax Spring guide 7mm (going to get 9mm Spring guide and spring)

Guarder 3-9x40 Scope.

Archived