Pictures Thread, Our own Specific Thread, Read Rules

TheBauer

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It' several months ago. Was out for a while and missed some magnificent photos.

Dragunov: nice

M40: great

Mrs: love it! But to big for me :(

Finally finished my vsr, took al lot of time, money, sweet and tears.

Full laylax upgrade ( 482 fps, 500,6 without the piston pin) and a pdi barrel.

DEDA2131-50CC-4678-8A10-7AE0F6B47ACB-465C40A5B5A-0413-4E8A-B07B-4406D6B0E17D-249

My VSR-10

80EF8FC5-3D1E-4413-B2A2-CF3B93BFCB70-185

PDI ultralight bull barrel

PDI hop-up (having issues with rubbers right now)

PDI V trigger

PDI inner barrel (can't remember length)

PDI spacers

P* spacer

PDI cylinder set

I have an ARES MSR338 on the way too, I'm going to see if I can swap most of these parts into that chassis.

A 50 scope looks better than a 40 scope. :)

Agreed!  My 6-24x came in yesterday. 

It's an ares or beta project or what?

Beta Project M200 (Ares clone):

SDC10720.JPG

Just needs paint and a laser and the externals are done.  Bolt effort is way too high for most players with the stiffer spring; I'm going to try a shorter inner barrel to better match the cylinder volume, and if that doesn't work I might drop in a CO2 kit.  It's mostly a prop, but the hopup design is excellent; with some usable FPS it could shoot as good as it looks.  

I dont think the beta project is a clone of the ares it's out for a half year and the ares came out just last month and as I know the ares has diferent cilinder design but I'm not sure...

Please tell us how it performs when you finished it.

Ares came out with a different CheyTac model recently, but their gas/spring M200 has been around for some time and the Beta is most definitely a clone.

As for performance, I was optimistic about "suckback" but shorter barrels don't seem to be helping.  Despite the small cylinder volume, the stock barrel achieved the highest velocities. 

The Future Energy piston and steel spring guide make no noticeable difference, but they're nice:

IMG_20130227_102626.jpg

Stock spring and cut down APS2 200% (I think)--insane bolt pull effort for an increase of around 100FPS:  

IMG_20130227_102820.jpg

Ohh, now it's all clear, one of you could make some photos of the hopup and the trigger mechanism? If it's not a big problem, I don't know how difficult the assembly of this parts.

Sadly there are no affordable replica of the Nightforce NXS :(

Archived