Pictures Thread, Our own Specific Thread, Read Rules

TheBauer

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unfortunatly everybody loves to pull apart the faults.

but on a serious note as i hadnt posted before the above post (i thought i did lol) the paint job does look very nice. cant really see the custom work on the stock very well though, maybe thats because of the angles the photo was taken?

its sitting the other side of my room lol.

its in working order, only i have to currently hold the mag in place otherwise when i cock it, it drops out, i need to remake the mag release area, but thats proved to be a little more akward than i hoped, and with only basic tools and my desk in my bedroom ive just kinda thought to forget bout it, just the mag release that needs doing or even maybe making so friction holds the mag in, as my mags have magpulls, mmm

gona give it some more thinking, maybe have it up this weekend if your coming.

edit:

on 2nd thoughts ive just come up with an idea so ill give it ago :D

Ok,

Ive been doing some work on the L96 project. Heres what ive got:

Some might remeber this photo :

DSCF0028.jpg

and the mag well:

DSCF0030.jpg

Well ive pretty much finished it, took few hours work, on and off, most was done in an evening though. i will be making my new mag well tomorrow providing i can get the right type of plastic card from the model shop.

anyhow here are a couple of photos ive taken just now.

07082007180.jpg

07082007182.jpg

07082007181.jpg

You can see here how much more ive had to cut out of the mag well. and how much ive still got to fill in, ill be using a sliding "plate" that will slide over the front of the mag holding it in place and stopping it from dropping out.

07082007183.jpg

As you can also see ive kept the left handed cocking, and fits perfectly.

Sorry for the quality of the photos, its dark and hard to focus using my camera.

Comments welcome.

Nice job joe, Get some pics up from a head on angle to see more of the modded stock.

Bauer, Also nice job, congrats on finishing it/Well near enough, Looks good. I have always wanted an l96 but the sound *beep* when they fire or atleast the ones i have head, There somthing about the VSR's fire sound that sounds awesome.

Cheers,

Bauer that looks excellent. Shame so much work was needed to get it snug. From the picture of the bolt handle area, it looks like theres a bit of space either side, planning to filler that in?

Either way, it looks smart and will be one of a kind when finished.

I shal try and get some better shots of the stock, i went a bit artyfarty on the previous pictures with weird lighting. Ill post new ones up this evening...

ok, the mag release idea seemed to have worked.

i basically used some plasticard which slides forward and backward over the front of the mag to stop it dropping out. its totally flush with the bottom of the mag so the mag cant drop at all.

ive made the sliding system within plasticard and ive milliput it into place whilst having a mag and the reciever in the stock to make sure its perfect.

am currently waiting for the milliput to dry and then ill be able to test fire the rifle and make sure it works :) fingers crossed ;)

07082007186.jpg

07082007185.jpg

Here is M700 AICS I am using. Now I did allmost all the custom job, next I do the paint job. So here it is unpainted ;)

Custom1.jpg

Custom2.jpg

Custom3.jpg

The scope is Leapers 3-12x44 Mil Dot with Anti Cant Device (we call this "the bubble" :D ). And I made the Antireflection Device - Killflash by myself...

Custom9.jpg

Custom10.jpg

For the night operations I use AN/PVS-4 and silencer - the silencer is amazing thing :o . Good thing with this setup is, that I do not need IR illumination, this NV works great...

Custom11.jpg

Custom12.jpg

Custom14.jpg

And here it is with our vehicle :rolleyes:

Custom17.jpg

I will post the pics, when we will be done with the painting...

Harry

URNA

My last input on this rifle. So today whilst i browed my mates camera took some uber pics of her. This is how she is, She is going at 4:30 today :( , But when i return to the sport exspect somthing better. Ill still be posting just no skimishing. Any ways here you are.

vsr.jpg

vsr1.jpg

vsr2.jpg

vsr3.jpg

vsr4.jpg

vsr6.jpg

vsr7.jpg

What it looks like out of the bright sun.

vsr5.jpg

I will miss her.

Scott

Dude seriously dont do it, i suppose its to late now, but seriously your going to regret it, selling my main rifle is something i came close to doing (even put the add up) then 30mins later i cancled it, couldnt bear the thought of another man touching her :D

hold on what are we talking bout hehe.

lOl, Well she is now in the safe hands of a chap called babyalian who skirmishes at my local site so at least i can see her from time to time. I wouldnt of sold this but dude, Im unemployed and have a babyon the way, finding a new job is harder than i thought.

For next rifle......... It will be a custom job, mainly based around the VSR, Might even make my ow M40A3 Stock, Or better still Creat a stock that is perfect for me. All will be revield as soon as the money come rolling back in.

Scott

Archived