New Anti-Cheat GPR System for Airsoft

KWP

I think this has already been posted and discussed. Very nice but it covers only a small area of the body and wont help when people are hit on arms, legs lower body, butt, the AEG itself, etc...

Head and Centre mass, same as the U.S. Military's MILES Laser system. ;)

Ok, so what about rebound hits....richochetts (spelling?)

Obviously this is something that a site would have to pay for.

Why is it classed as a kill if your rifle runs out? Surely thats why we "reload" <_<

Rebound and ricochets can just be as harmful as direct hits.

Not sure, is an empty mag a kill? Thought the AEG stops firing once you're hit.

We have something similar in the UK although it costs a lot less...

....its called honest players and sites that don't tollerate anyone who is silly enough to cheat.

Agree complitly. Of course there's always someone who thinks he's imortal. And some times we don't feel the bbs if we are full packed. But is still the best choice yet.

This system has very flaws: doesn't cover the all body, ruins the chance of using tactical military equipment like tactical vests and seems more like paintball style. Honesty is still the best choice, why try to cheat? We only play to have fun. If we die we go to the respawn area and get back in again. If there's a competition, it has referies so...why spend money on equipments that take the fun of airsoft. Airsoft should be known has a simulation of military battles with military alike equipment and weapons (the greatest thing of airsoft is the looks of reality).

At least, that's my opinion.

You can see in the top video that a couple of guys use the system as an excuse to not take hits. A guy is having his elbow hosed down, but nothing flashes, so he keep shooting.

Lame system, completely pointless, and takes away a key element of airsofting.

I dunno, Ive allways thought that it was kinda lame that a hand/finger hit counted as a kill in airsoft. I mean changing the rules wouldnt work and I know that.

But when a bb lands on my foot without much preciveable force, and im calling myself out. I am thinking "THATS STUPID" Yea, ok if it were a real bullet it would suck a lot, but I wouldnt die immedatly, and be un able to fire my gun.

This system is obviously not designed for mil sim, or even large scale outdoor play. But at a smaller/indoor facility, I can see this being really fun.

It don't have to be milsim to be fun.

This system is made for game torny and team/clan battle. Not primarily for milsim. The system also connects to computer and can monitor player/torney status in real time. So they can see how many players are still remaining in each party, workout status, scoring system etc.

In Asia there are indoor and outdoor facility specificaly made for gaming torny/competition, where this can come in handy. It's like internet cafe, only except you actually run around with airsoft guns in real life, instead sitting in a chair with mouse in hand.

This will prevent any argument over "zombie" issues, which will eliminate any time wasted for the occurance of the argument. Seeing that usually players pay per hours or per game, lesser argument means lesser wasted time, which is all about keeping customers happy.

It doesn't cover the entire body mess, but that applies to everyone else playing the game. If your enemy keep shooting at you because he only got shot in the elbow, so you can. It's all about being "equal" status and setting up the system so that no one can argue about where you are being hit.

You or your enemy doesn't have to wonder whether the subject actually got shot. Alarm goes off, you are dead. As simple as that and that applies to every players. You don't need witness or referees monitoring it. This system simply takes care of it.

Also argueining that it doesn't cover up the entire body is a mute point. Some sites/torney have different rules for qualified shots. Some sites call it a shot if you get hit even on your weapon. Some sites call it a shot if you are only hit on upper body etc. It's only a matter of setting up the rule. Head and torso is generally counted as a confirmed shot. Keeping rules simpler helps organising torney/gaming competition.

It seems it's fine for woodland also. They had competition/battle for woodland setting and it went successfuly.

gunpower says primarily these will be targeted for gaming/torney sites and also will be available for individuals/domestic at cheaper costs.

I remember seeing this months ago. It wouldn't work very well in most types of airsoft games played here in the UK, one reason is everyone likes to complain about new things. I agree with fal that this systems is quite equal, just cos one player doesn't get go out from a finger hit, nor do the other players. Everyone is on equal terms as a target. This also reminds me a lot of counter-strike type play, it's not quite mil-sim, more running and gunning. For a casual player of airsoft, I think this would be great.

I dunno, Ive allways thought that it was kinda lame that a hand/finger hit counted as a kill in airsoft. I mean changing the rules wouldnt work and I know that.

But when a bb lands on my foot without much preciveable force, and im calling myself out. I am thinking "THATS STUPID" Yea, ok if it were a real bullet it would suck a lot, but I wouldnt die immedatly, and be un able to fire my gun.

This system is obviously not designed for mil sim, or even large scale outdoor play. But at a smaller/indoor facility, I can see this being really fun.

It don't have to be milsim to be fun.

in reality, if you are shot... for the most part, you are out of the fight. even if it is in your hand.

not always, but mostly. i mean, if you get your hand shot off, you arent holding that rifle anymore, thats for sure.

-Joe

in reality, if you are shot... for the most part, you are out of the fight. even if it is in your hand.

not always, but mostly. i mean, if you get your hand shot off, you arent holding that rifle anymore, thats for sure.

-Joe

Eh? Its still possible to fire one handed. There are plenty of brave soldiers out there that have fought through grave, near mortal wounds to come to the aid of their comrades.

Having said that, i see both sides of the argument here. Getting shot in the toe or the tip of the finger and calling yourself out to some kills the entire play experience. To others its just accepting the fact that this is a game and a hit is a hit, call it no matter how "lame" it may be.

My personal opinion on this system is that it really detracts from the immersion of the game. Its deathmatch versus concentrated objective based gameplay which is what i personally prefer.

I cant stand the arcade mentality of paintball and speedball airsoft, its so...American. Instant gratification for everything. I need my kills NOW NOW NOW!!!

Whats really odd is that my comment about American values is misplaced since it seems as though there's more interest in the instant gratification style of play in other countries lol.

Whilst i appreciate the attraction of such a system, i've got to say that it detracts from the whole essence of airsoft.

When i started playing, the thing that struck me as being most unique about airsoft was the "Honour-system:" It wasn't just a way of taking hits - it was a way of measuring the integrity of the players. If a player was identified as a frequent non-hit taker, he would be isolated by the other players, and would be unwelcome at the site (which would sometimes be "reinforced" through the intervention of the site staff). Because of the honour system, airsoft has developed in a way where only true sportsmen (and women) are welcome, and where cheats and liars are frowned upon and cast out.

Bottom line: By introducing a system like this, you introduce a whole new generation of players who rely on an electronic sensor to replace their sense of honour and fair play. That's just not airsoft, and it encourages a weak mindset.

Would try for a laugh but as others ave said can only really see this for tournament or special events.

Maybe if we turned airsoft into a pay to view event on the side, have a covered stage like Robot Wars and small teams compete to win, then it may work but for a regualr site it is a waste of time.

'FireKnife'

Seems like a good system and idea, albeit with a few flaws, but *fruitcage* hell people, new things have to start from somewhere so if there's anyone out there that think they can do better then *fruitcage* crack on.......

Why do people have to be so damned negative when something new comes along? How on earth have we managed to evolve as a species with that attitude?

Archived