Marine Loadouts Pt.2

crackisbad

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a third year rower - so I am confident that while I may have to push myself, I will be able to go for a fair while. I'll need to start incorporating airsoft into my training regime now :)

Thanks for the good luck :P

EDIT: I just read a post on Lightfighter about carrying M240 ammo. One guy was telling everybody else how one of his mates, a "big guy" carried 800rds of ammo for that thing in his assault pack, and it fed straight over his shoulder into his gun. Now, I'm not military, and I doubt I ever will be. But hell - airsoft is pretty much a direct replica or modern warfare. I'll pay my respect to actual troops by not playing war with my 0.1kg 500rd wank/wind caps and a few kilos of basic gear. If you guys can be deployed to a foreign country with all that gear on - for over half a year, then I think I can at least try and do it for 48 hours.

EDIT: I just read a post on Lightfighter about carrying M240 ammo. One guy was telling everybody else how one of his mates, a "big guy" carried 800rds of ammo for that thing in his assault pack, and it fed straight over his shoulder into his gun. Now, I'm not military, and I doubt I ever will be. But hell - airsoft is pretty much a direct replica or modern warfare. I'll pay my respect to actual troops by not playing war with my 0.1kg 500rd wank/wind caps and a few kilos of basic gear. If you guys can be deployed to a foreign country with all that gear on - for over half a year, then I think I can at least try and do it for 48 hours.

Those are the guys I like, makes me have to do less work :D

Very honorable. And I agree completely. But you've also got to think about what they're doing, and what you're doing. For the 48 hours you play, it's pure combat with a few breaks in between. Most guys now days in Iraq are walking down the street all day with this stuff on. Not easy, for sure, but it's also not pure combat all the time; diving, jumping, sprinting, crouching, etc. Just something to ponder.

that was a touching post, McArthur. go for it.

you can also try humping a 100 or so pound pack at 4.5 miles per hour for 10 miles...

-Joe

When'd you have to hump that? 100 lb pack is on the verge of serious danger. More than about 50 starts cutting off circulation in the first few minutes.

matt: they also are in combat with that stuff on... its the same *suitcase*. AND they have it on all day. much harder...

i dont know how much the ones in boot and MCT weighed, but it was damned close to that... it had to be. it was unbelieveably painpul, especially for a guy of my size.

id love to know how much it really weighed:

main pack

day pack

ISOMAT

large black sleeping bag

green sleeping bag

waterproof camo bag

compression sack

waterproof green bag

hygeine kit

gortex top

gortex bottom

extra boots

extra desert cammies

extra woodland cammies

2 canteens

alice belt with 2 canteen pouches and 2 triple mag pouches

LBV

6 magazines

M16A2

PASGT

2 covers

leather gloves

green gloves

beanie

camelbak

3 MREs

4 skivvy rolls

glow belt

+what i had on my body...

there was alot more... but i forget. that was almost 2 years ago...

-Joe

what?

:D

that post was hilarious.

dude, real flightsuits dome come in "kids" sizes :D

they go by chest size. i wear a 38R or 40R.

i actually have an extra 44L though

-Joe

Sorry, I meant the kids cotton ones I saw a measured like that . I'd buy a nomex one but they cost more than I can spend *sob*. The kids ones I was looking at are measured in kids sizes but I probably will get a 34-36 flightsuit. I will see if I can nab any nomex ones on ebay though. I could get lucky and get a real nomex one for around what the cotton one goes for. But if I need the cotton one I will get an adult small (Which the website listed as around 34-36 chest).

you would wear the gortex in wet, rainy or snowy weather, and a USMC sweatshirt, wooly pully, or fleece under your blouse if its just cold. i mean, i guess you could wear the gortex as well, but it wont do anything.

there are 2 kinds of fleeces. one is worn under the blouse, the other is much thicker, and worn over.

i dont know much about all that cold weather gear, because im in Yuma: the hottest place in the United States.

squeezee: why dont you just stick to the basics until you are a little older? youll have to buy all this stuff again when you grow anyhow... pointless.

you are funny

-Joe

Well that is true. I have kept that in mind when I buy things, but hopefully when I am older I should have more cash or even a job. I might just stick to BDUs and DCUs for now though. I am holding off on MARPAT, and I might buy the flighsuit.

I know, it is pointless, and I must amuse you all with my foolishness.

Well - for Nats 2009 (When I plan all my work to be at it's peak) I had a similar list of equipment. I'll edit it into your post :)

I figure that as long as I'm onto the ball - I should actually be able to ditch some of my equipment in a bunker or something, and actually use it as a supply base for a team.

I assume that all of this is packed into your Main Pack and your Day Pack. May I ask what packs you use for those?

main pack

day pack

ISOMAT - Possibility, I googled "ISOMAT", looked like it could be an alright idea.

large black sleeping bag - Scratching this - won't have time to have a good sleep

green sleeping bag - will need a light sleeping bag in case I decide to snooze for a few hours

waterproof camo bag - what is the use of this? Why not use your main/day pack?

compression sack - Googled it - good idea

waterproof green bag - what is the use of this? Why not use your main/day pack?

hygeine kit - Off my list, I'm only there for 48 hours

gortex top - Going to grab a Marine Corp Desert Combat jacket instead of a Gore-Text jacket

gortex bottom - Nope

extra boots - Jeez, what am I, an ATM? :P

extra desert cammies - Pass, not in a desert enviroment

extra woodland cammies - Yup, I won't risk spending 48 hours in soaked clothing, good idea

2 canteens - 3L of water in hydration pouch/bladder, canteen or bottle of water in pack

alice belt with 2 canteen pouches and 2 triple mag pouches - Not needed

LBV - Using PANTAC Outer Tactical Vest

6 magazines - 12 mags, plus a bunch more in a bandolier (Carrying spares for team)

M16A2 - Yup - going for a G&G, can't wait :P

PASGT - PASGT/LWH, I might grab a better quality one than my current plastic replica.

2 covers - You don't use the one MARPAT reversible? :huh:

leather gloves - Again - what use did you have for these?

green gloves - Going for some Mechanix - I hear they are good.

beanie - Hell yeah

camelbak - Hydration pouch

3 MREs - Going for three days worth of british ration packs

4 skivvy rolls - Whats a skivvy roll?

glow belt - ?

+what i had on my body...

there was alot more... but i forget. that was almost 2 years ago...

-Joe

I assume that all of this is packed into your Main Pack and your Day Pack. May I ask what packs you use for those?

Main pack is everything you will need for the whole time in the field. Sleeping bags, Chow, Extra Clothes, E Tool, warming layers and so on.

Day pack is more of a extra combat stuff, ammo, 1 or 2 chows, warming layer top, gloves, other small items.

I also took what you had typed off of Joe's MCT hump list and added some more info. The list is more of a conditioning list then actual going to war list, hence its at a combat school and not a warning order.

ISOMAT - Great piece of kit, can be used as pillow, beating weapon, or small bed :D

large black sleeping bag - The green sleeping bag goes inside this, this is the "cold weather" one so Green ( warm weather ) plus Black ( cold weather ) equals toasty warm. ( I also recommend sleeping either butt naked, or with boxers.

waterproof camo bag - This is around the sleeping bag, its a shell to keep you, and your bag dry. It has saved me a dozen times.

waterproof green bag - aka woolie P bag used to keep your extra cammies, skivvy rolls and such in. Water can still get in your pack and wet cloths is no fun. A garbage bag also works.

hygeine kit - A tooth brush wouldn't hurt

gortex top - If you aren't bringing this, might want to pack that poncho, if it rains.

extra boots - Used for when your boots you are wearing get wet.

2 covers - This would be a soft cover, 1 eight point and 1 boonie

leather gloves - These go over your hands, or green gloves aka. green inserts. Mainly for physical work such as handling c-wire, metal, large branches and so on.

green gloves - This are used for warmth more then function which have been switched to OR fleece gloves that suck and tear.

4 skivvy rolls - T shirt with 2 socks 1 underwear rolled up.

glow belt - ? This is a reflective belt so if you do walk near the road. Cars will be able to see you and its required on all humps.

I hope this helps and im not trying to step on Joe's ###### here.

thanks fatal! you saved me some time

but i forgot poncho and poncho liner on that list :P

Mcarthur: that list was just made to show what we carried on hums. dont gtet all that for airsoft!

at most, just get a daypack and fill that. any more would be pointless. a full combat load would be the rifle, flak, kevlar, and day pack. just work on that.

kipper: freaking awesome. amazing kit. wow. i really really really like it. just to ask... is there an IFAK on there somewhere? looks like you are using another pouch instead.

-Joe

Great writeup Fatal and Joe, really useful.

Thanks for the comments; Joe, lol, long story mate. Bought an IFAK last time I was in the US, and left it in my hotel room; lent the one I bought subsequently to a team mate and he's gone traveling so I can't get it back atm. So I've been using a SAW pouch (not pictured, on my DBT 3 Day Pack) or, as in that pic, a GP pouch with bloodtype. Weak excuse, but I'll be ordering a proper IFAK from the States next week when I have a bit more cash!...

NVM. Will try and get a pic at some stage of my dessie kit, finally managed to get hold of the trousers in MR - they seem to be pretty elusive and/or overpriced atm...

Look forward to seeing more loadouts.

Archived