Marine Loadouts Pt.2

crackisbad

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW... here's a "real-world" application of the "cat-eyes" (we hardly call it by its official name "Helmet Band" or "strap" as you call it).

A close friend of mine (with nine hundred and eleven combat missions) had to take his recon fire team to breach an apartment complex in Iraq. Only way in? Through a tunnel and into a basement to avoid detection. Sh!t out of luck and lo-and-behold, it's pitched dark down there. NVGs were working but for some odd reason, one of his guys forgot to change his batts and he can't use his taclight or he'll risk detection and the lives of his fireteam mates. He was walking blind. Coming out the tunnel, the only comment he made was... "Corporal... I'm glad you've got them 'cat-eyes' on... They're the only point of orientation I have in knowing where we're headed."

That's why I attach mine regardless if I'm wearing a PASGT, a MICH, or an LWH. Real-world experience often times take precendence once you're out there -- and a Marine will revert to his learned tactical skills when push comes to shove -- survive and kill.

Everyone knows its 100 crunches ;)

Back in the days... back in the days... *sigh* Don't ask me to "bring it" or I'm gonna die with a serious cramp tomorrow. LOL!!!

I was with 3rd CEB (combat engr btn), 3rd MarDiv on my last tour... Miss the cross-training with different MOS's, especially with the guys from FR.

Now, back to our normally scheduled program.... heh! heh!

Thread cleaned.

Also, guys, please don't complain about other forums and websites here. Thanks. :)

Oi, we went from having sock battles to having our thread cleaned and purged! I think we are going the way of the Navy Seals thread! :D

Theres a lot of good info. I think what KWP was originally talking about was the NVG mount helmet strap not hte Cat-eyes. I keep mine on because I like the looks of it, that and I have a PASGT and not a LWH :(

As for headsets, I must be crazy, my bowman barely fits under my helmet and i have to do some weird honky dory thing to get it on correctly. I'll see if I can get some pics later of what I mean. I'm not using the LWH 4 point system though, but the Skydex 4 point system and pads so that may be the difference.

Oooh, I hate "chairsofters!" LMAO!! ...and I say that with affection. :D

What will make you look like a Marine? First... try getting in shape -- 20 pull-ups, 60 sit-ups, 3-mile run (18minutes and under preferred) will be just about right. Next... well, you can start donning the gear... and you know the (current) gear list better than I. LOL!

BTW... here's a "real-world" application of the "cat-eyes" (we hardly call it by its official name "Helmet Band" or "strap" as you call it).

A close friend of mine (with nine hundred and eleven combat missions) had to take his recon fire team to breach an apartment complex in Iraq. Only way in? Through a tunnel and into a basement to avoid detection. Sh!t out of luck and lo-and-behold, it's pitched dark down there. NVGs were working but for some odd reason, one of his guys forgot to change his batts and he can't use his taclight or he'll risk detection and the lives of his fireteam mates. He was walking blind. Coming out the tunnel, the only comment he made was... "Corporal... I'm glad you've got them 'cat-eyes' on... They're the only point of orientation I have in knowing where we're headed."

That's why I attach mine regardless if I'm wearing a PASGT, a MICH, or an LWH. Real-world experience often times take precendence once you're out there -- and a Marine will revert to his learned tactical skills when push comes to shove -- survive and kill.

You real world Marines need to take a step back and look at yourself and your relation to this forum again.

This is a toy gun portal made by civilians for mostly civilians. If you don't like me or any other enthusiasts to discuss about equipment that we never put to use in a certain real combat or training environment than it's your problem not ours, because some of us may not qualify for the military service but enthusiastically discussing military gear qualifies us dang well for this forum.

Just as as side note: I passed the physical examination of the German Armed Forces with T2 which is just 1 level below the best, but I would never tell a forum member to shut up just because he or she hasn't got my experience or physics or knowledge. Instead I always found it fascinating how this portal brings people of all ages and background together.

---------------------------------

Now back to the gear discussion. I found a powerful laser that fits just perfectly into the dummy PEQ-15 made by VFC without any modifications and even comes with a wired remote switch. It's not one of those key-chain pointers. It's such a perfect match it's almost a drop-in solution. I will post pictures soon.

Archived