Marine Loadouts Pt.2

crackisbad

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've a bad bad boy. Today I purchased:

AITES Leg panel in CB

2xSDS M16 pouches (same style as I've already got, they were cheap) in CB

PANTAC OTV Yoke and Collar bits in Khaki (since their CB is supposed to be too dark :P I"ll trust ya!)

PANTAC Large Mag Dumper (beats the one I've got now) in CB (Lets see how dark it is!)

I've got some more money coming to spend on food, but my room mate didnt give me my money from last month he owed me for fee's and what not so I've got some of that to toy with. Next up is those gloves I've been meaning to get. Then after that... Desert Cammies!

No pics from the game this weekend, the photographer forgot his camera again and I managed to forget mine at home.

Would medium SAPI plates fit in a small Spartan Assault Vest? Would it be a tight fit, would it fit at all? If so, comfortabley?

Thanks,

Matt

An addition to this question... Whats the general sizing for the Spartan II's?

OPTact doesnt list the sizes for it... So I'm gonna have to assume since I wear a M/R blouse, Medium should suit me fine?

I'm looking to pick one up after Irene VI...

Does it have to be an OTV or can it be an EOTV (The one with more webbing)

Does anybody know where I can find desert MOLLE cheap besides ebay? I might spend some cash and throw an experimental desert FLC rig together seeing as my OTV gets hot. Thanks.

Well, of what I heard, the MTV didn't have big success within the troops, too cumbersome.

Get what you want, but you see more and more E-OTVs within the Marines.

Though the usual OTV in CB is currently the most common.

Says who? Spreading rumours and hoping some kids take the bait?

I wonder if more than a handful Marines ever used the E-OTV made by Savannah Luggage.

E-OTV is not even yesterday, it's the day before yesterday and to say it's seen more and more in the Marines is so off, it's almost not funny anymore. :D

After the conventional OTV/IBA came the MTV and now it's the MTV, Eagle PC, Scalable PC and FLC that are used depending on the location and scenario.

They are both common, but I wouldn't go as saying one is more common then the other in the Marine Corps as a whole. But I would go as far as saying the IBA is more common in the grunt battalions. The MTV would be more common in a non-grunt battalion though. For the simple fact that grunt units are going to be out training, deployed, and doing activities that restrict them from going to CIF to get the MTV. I am not saying that there are no grunts with MTV's I am just saying the IBA is a more common thing to have.

I even remember guys in my unit who were told to go down to CIF to pick up the new one and declined. This was also the same thing that happened when the Marines got LWH with the newer pad system. I was one of these cases, I preferred the harness LWH over the padded one. When my unit was ordered to goto CIF and exchange it out, then we all had the new padded LWH.

I have no clue if this helps or contributes to this thread.

Yeah I saw that.

Matt, no. Seeing as my OTV is so goddam hot (I can suck up the weight and the heat, but the thing is I hate is taking it off and being all sticky. IDK if you know what I mean but if you do, then you understand how I feel) The FLC would be a lightweight setup for when I didn't want to wear the OTV or for when I run DCUs. But I also was thinking of ALICE with some ALICE SAW pouches, the ALICE IFAK, and canteen pouches. Lastly, I might also try for a CB FLC. I haz a connection who better not reveal himself like last time lol.

Archived