Marine Loadouts Pt.2

crackisbad

They clearly say they need to change into their MOPP suits in the beginning, saying that this would be the SOP, instead of using their cammies.

Also the Charms are sweets/candy which come in their MRE's I think and from what I gathered, the Marines don' eat them or allow them into their Victors (vehicles) as they're supposed to bring bad luck.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I love those candies. But I can only find them in Italy.

But anyway, that's ironic that they bring bad luck lol.

EDIT: I just did a quick google search, and different colors have different consequences. Here is what I found out so far:

Lime: Rains (At first I thought that would be nice in the Iraq heat then remembered rain turns that place into a huge mudpie)

Lemon: Vehicle breakdown

Rasberry: Death

Good thing Orange isn't on the list, I love the orange ones.

They are bad luck, *fruitcage* those damn charms you eat those bitches when you want something bad to happen to you. Sunny day, eat some charms next thing you know, rainy day. Vehicle works wonders, eat some charms next thing you know, flat tire. They seriously are the worst thing you can eat especially out in the field.

Thanks Matt0311, Yeah I know I need a MARPAT cover, I'm planning to get a LWH with cover soon, but I dont know how all that is gonna work out yet. Also on the list of possibilities is a CB Point blank IBA, and a RIS/RAS for my M4 with PEQ2 box

Well, flightsuits are made of nomex and have a different cut, color and pocket placement and are normally worn by aircrew and pilots. But now are more common with everyone in Iraq / Afghan. Coveralls are usually worn by mechinacs and people working with POL's or oils to ensure you don't ruin your cammies. They also come issued in more colors, woodland, desert tri color, tan, blue, green and are usually made of cotton. If you look at the cut you can clearly see the difference.

Flightsuit

propper_F5115-46-347_sage_green_flightsuit_big.jpg

Coveralls

green_coveralls_buy.JPG

Thanks fatal, I am trying to get a tan flightsuit for the game on the 21st, and I thought of getting it from Sportsmansguide, but then I realized those are coveralls. So now I am going nuts trying to find a tan flightsuit that will arrive before Sunday and is in a size 36 short or regular.

Yeah the charlie shirt would better but I took this right after getting back from church and I still had my blues on. Can I get hte GWOT and sea service ribbon on RA lol cuz Im gonna be station stateside for 3 years for a very prestigous job that Im not really a liberty to talk about but after that Im going back to an infarty unit so its all good.

Joe- Yes I graduated this past friday but I dont think I could muster up the courage to play in that, maybe at a CQB/MOUT site. If I do, ya'll will be the first to know.

Just wondering, since 5 to 1 mentioned that he wore his Dress Blues to Church, could a Marine wear his Mameluke Saber along with them in public, or is that something you only wear for ceremonial purposes?

Yes its legal to wear the mameluke sword in public.... if you are an officer. lol Fatal youre on the right track.

Archived