Marine Loadouts Pt.2

crackisbad

KWP: if you like it, dont sell it!

and every Marine in theory is issued everything he needs... but in practice, not always. in these cases, i am buying Frog gear because i dont rate to be issued them.

Shadownova: yes, i know, i managed to procure a military grade frontset assembly, so my twist is 1/7. but im hoping that the difference of barrel length isnt too great a detriment, were mine to be the wrong version. we shall see...

-Joe

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and every Marine in theory is issued everything he needs... but in practice, not always. in these cases, i am buying Frog gear because i dont rate to be issued them.

Shadownova: yes, i know, i managed to procure a military grade frontset assembly, so my twist is 1/7. but im hoping that the difference of barrel length isnt too great a detriment, were mine to be the wrong version. we shall see...

-Joe

You're probably making Squeezee go crazy now. How come it's against the rules to play outside without them but some *fruitcage* doesn't think you're high grade enough to be issued them Joe? Doesn't seem right.

Is anyone else antagonized by the chest area on the blouse not being as retardant as the rest of the uniform because it should be covered by a vest? Damn cheapskates.

Fatal last time I used it for gear I dusted with Duracoat. You could try Begadi (might be rebranded Krylon?) but they're in Germany;

http://www.begadishop.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=183

-Joe

Thanks for your permission to keep it. :D

Arent' we a bunch of gear sluts scuffling about a piece of nylon.

Thanks for your permission to keep it. :D

Arent' we a bunch of gear sluts scuffling about a piece of nylon.

see, thats what I love about this thread: even though there are VAST variances in opinion on a piece of gear, everyone here respects the other's opinion (even though he might not agree with it) and doesn't take it personal or make it his life mission to attack the other into submission. :rolleyes:

I love you guys

:P

although, I do hate you all for turning me into a geardo and making me spend even more money on this hobby ;)

although, I do hate you all for turning me into a geardo and making me spend even more money on this hobby ;)

The more money you spend, the more friends you will have, and we all know you have very few friends. You old Scrooge!

Scrooge.gif

Anyone know how much a complete MTV is going for now-a-days? Found a local selling his, inserts et al.

EDIT: Or an Arcteryx day pack? Seen on the right here:

Back on topic...My Recon packs on the top row:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Doll...lz/Packs011.jpg

From left to right:

Arcteryx Recon Assault Pack

Arcteryx Recon Main Rucksack

Arcteryx USMC Day Pack

Looking to pick up one of these for daily use...

Anyone know how much a complete MTV is going for now-a-days? Found a local selling his, inserts et al.

EDIT: Or an Arcteryx day pack? Seen on the right here:

Looking to pick up one of these for daily use...

If you're talking about the small assault pack, then they should be found for around $100 buy it now, or less if you bid. Whatever you do, don't pay more than $100 for one.

the SPC is amazing, shadownova. try it out!

-Joe

No it's alright. The MTV I think represents too much protection, while the SPC represents too little protection. I'd prefer a middle-solution or at least a system that allows me to choose between different vests at an individual level.

No it's alright. The MTV I think represents too much protection, while the SPC represents too little protection. I'd prefer a middle-solution or at least a system that allows me to choose between different vests at an individual level.

Holy cow, wouldn't that be the good old OTV/IBA? Dang MARCORSYSCOM wasting time and money. :D

Why don't they just issue the Maritime CIRAS with a Groin Protector and DAPS? I personally think that would be the best solution, rather then "Enhancing" already crappy rigs.

CIRAS are pretty expensive and complicated for mass use

Archived