Marine Loadouts Pt.2

crackisbad

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

610xjpgcenter0d.jpg

BAQWA, AFGHANISTAN - MARCH 19: U.S. Marines prepare to lead a patrol on March 19, 2009 near Baqwa in Farah province of southwest Afghanistan. The Marines of 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment based in the remote village are battling a Taliban insurgency funded in large part from the multi-billion dollar drug export trade thriving in the south of the country.

610xjpgcenter0dsr.jpg

BAQWA, AFGHANISTAN - MARCH 19: A U.S. Marine patrols with an opium poppy flower on his helmet on March 19, 2009 near Baqwa in Farah province of southwest Afghanistan. The Marines based at the remote village are battling a Taliban insurgency funded in large part from the multi-billion dollar drug export trade thriving in the south of the country.

FAST

610xjpgcenter0.jpg

A US marine takes part in fast rope training during a mountain warfare drill in Pohang, about 370 kms (230 miles) southeast of Seoul on March 20, 2009. The drill is part of joint military exercises by the US and South Korea on March 9-20 that officials have emphasized are purely defensive after North Korea denounced the drill as a prelude to an invasion.

610xjpgcenter0g.jpg

A member of the U.S. Marine Corps Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team Pacific, comprising of 46 marines from a military base in Norfolk, Virginia and deployed currently to Japan's Yokosuka, conducts a mountain warfare drill in Pohang, about 370 km (230 miles) southeast of Seoul, March 20, 2009. The drill is part of the annual Key Resolve/Foal Eagle military exercises by the U.S. and South Korea, held across the South from March 9-20. North Korea accused the U.S. and South Korea of using the joint military exercises as preparations to invade the isolated state.

610xjpgcenter0w.jpg

Members of U.S. Marine Corps Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team Pacific, comprising of 46 marines from a military base in Norfolk, Virginia and deployed currently to Japan's Yokosuka, participate in a mountain warfare drill in Pohang, about 370 km (230 miles) southeast of Seoul, March 20, 2009. The drill is part of the annual Key Resolve/Foal Eagle military exercises by the U.S. and South Korea, held across the South from March 9-20. North Korea accused the U.S. and South Korea of using the joint military exercises as preparations to invade the isolated state.
Why don't they just issue the Maritime CIRAS with a Groin Protector and DAPS? I personally think that would be the best solution, rather then "Enhancing" already crappy rigs.

Yes, the CIRAS and the PC, which are not much different to the MTV and SPC.

Funny is they were all designed by Eagle Ind. anyway.

I am a Marine fan, but the OTV/IBA is the last armour system that I can understand.

Since then MARCORSYSCOM seems very confused. Should have developed a joint armour system with the Army or just take their IOTV and spray it CB. :)

:headbutt: , i believe this subject has been talked about already in this thread.

all i know is that i hope they have something good by the time i join up. whether it be the Spc or soemthing knew.

So what? I also stopped counting how many times real USMC CB was discussed.

... and if you read between the lines my repeated "IOTV and make it CB" is more of a teasing, knowing Marines want to be different from the big green Army. ;)

which armor carrier you get depends where you are headed, and what you do.

and yes, we are the green ones, the army is now gray.

-Joe

Not only green. More distinctive for the Marines would be brown .. coyote brown.

Distinctive for the Army is also green ... foliage green.

Cheerio :beer:

Hmm... I just bought Point Blanks Woodland IBA:s, and they have foliage green pals. :S Does it matter in USMC gear then? :D

I personally would rip all the PALS off and sew on at least OD or CB straps, and burn the Folliage ######. It's astonishing how terrible that color is on anything. Gotta love the AF's new Folliage boots...

I'm a huge OTV fan. Call me stupid, but the MTV looks way too bulky for the USMC. The SPC is too little. The OTV sits comfortably as probably one of the better systems regardless of how crappy the OTV is. In terms of wearing one during an airsoft game, I dont think it matters, we can take ours off whenever :D But compared to my TP-1E, LBV-88 and my PASGT Flak, I'd take an OTV anyday.

Just preference I suppose :) I lubs me my USMC loadout, probably a bit too much.

Hmm... I just bought Point Blanks Woodland IBA:s, and they have foliage green pals. :S Does it matter in USMC gear then? :D

my IBA, also a pointblank in woodland, is definitely a USMC issued one, and it has the lighter foliage-ish webbing. im sure its just faded or w/e. so i wouldnt worry about it

Just out of curiosity, how does one determine an OTV specifically issued to the USMC (late 90's)? Are there any unique characteristics that I should look for (cut, material, color, tags, etc.)?

I just came across a strange looking Woodland OTV (possibly a VERY early FSBE AAV - the tags are identical to an AAV, but missing the QR system). The date stamp on the buckles (all ITW, black color) are 1998. However, it also came with a modified RACK, so I'm thinking it's not a USMC issue (at least I think it's a RACK...they were not officially issued to Marines, correct? Although I do have periodicals that list the RACK as part of FSBE...I honestly don't know).

Unfortunately, it came with questionable provenance and still trying to determine what it exactly is. Photos will probably help and will post pics hopefully soon. Thanks.

kwp: no, were green. its just our thing.

-Joe

Why are you green? Just because of the the green T-shirt? Can't think of anything else that's green. Even the socks are black.

Every branch has a little green here and there, but it's the Marines' Coyote Brown. :D

Why are you green? Just because of the the green T-shirt? Can't think of anything else that's green. Even the socks are black.

Every branch has a little green here and there, but it's the Marines' Coyote Brown. :D

They have always been green, Coyote is just like a subcolor, here is alittle history on the uniforms, its not great but it should solve any questions or debates about who is green and who is not

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USMC_Uniforms

Every Marine has heard this line before...

"Marines come in two colors, Green and Dark Green."

610xjpgcenter0f.jpg

BAQWA, AFGHANISTAN - MARCH 21: U.S. Marine LCpl. Alex Haney pauses next to an opium poppy field on March 21, 2009 near the remote village of Baqwa, Afghanistan. Marines, from the 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment are operating in Farah Province of southwest Afghanistan and are seeing a spike in Taliban attacks against American forces with the onset of the spring "fighting season." Haney is from Canton, MI.

610xjpgcenter0j.jpg

BAQWA, AFGHANISTAN - MARCH 21: A U.S. Marine searches for buried IEDs along a road on March 21, 2009 near the remote village of Baqwa, Afghanistan. Members of the Marine Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team, part of the 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, found three large IEDs which had been buried in the road the night before. The Marines, operating in Farah Province of southwest Afghanistan, are seeing a spike in Taliban attacks against American forces with the onset of the spring "fighting season."

610xjpgcenter0c.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how does one determine an OTV specifically issued to the USMC (late 90's)? Are there any unique characteristics that I should look for (cut, material, color, tags, etc.)?

Although not really quite too helpfull to your particular question, the reason I know my OTV is USMC issued is cause it came with the instruction manual showing the USMC seal, and was dated to have been made/issued in 05

@Fata: nice pics :D

I just came across a strange looking Woodland OTV (possibly a VERY early FSBE AAV - the tags are identical to an AAV, but missing the QR system). The date stamp on the buckles (all ITW, black color) are 1998. However, it also came with a modified RACK, so I'm thinking it's not a USMC issue (at least I think it's a RACK...they were not officially issued to Marines, correct? Although I do have periodicals that list the RACK as part of FSBE...I honestly don't know).

Unfortunately, it came with questionable provenance and still trying to determine what it exactly is. Photos will probably help and will post pics hopefully soon. Thanks.

I assume we're talking about the Interceptor vest.

Here are all the versions of the Interceptor I have encountered while on my journey through the Marines.

Version A : Normal Interceptor

Version B : Normal Interceptor but with extra molle webbing on the backside's bottom. Some other differences, maybe.

Version C: Improved Interceptor, lots of Molle webbing everywhere on the front, shoulder, back of shoulder.

I don't know which one came first or later or whatever. Pictures of what you have would be helpful.

A year before my last deployment (2008), I got my FSBE stuff. I liked it, but then I was also given the MTV. I really really didn't like it.

edit: Regarding uniforms and colors and whatnot, yeah I have to agree the Marines are associated with the color green. But sometimes it is dumb. Green shirts for a desert environment? Yeah okay, I'm buying my brown shirt and no one can tell me different. Oh I have to wear black/brown socks with my boots? You must not ever have to worry about checking for feet injury or blood.

I don't choose the color of my garments to upset people or make a statement, I wear them because someone smarter than me or has 3 more combat deployments told me white socks is easier on the feet.

I don't know anyone who wore black socks overseas. I had gone through about 200 pairs of white socks between my two deployments to Iraq. Now for wearing green undershirts in Iraq I don't see a problem with it. Hell my unit wore green's in 2003, and other units also wore green cammies in Iraq as well. There are other units that wore green ( by choice ) in Iraq and Afghanistan. But, black socks also come with the white bottoms, which is what I use now.

Archived