Tokyo Marui 1911 MEU

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not without modification. The underside has to be shaped to accommodate the blowback housing.

Do you happen to have a guide for this? I had asked in the 1911a1 thread, but it has gone unanswered. I have been planing on getting a set around the holidays, so if you had anything to input it would be great. The only real flaw I have had with the MEU is that despite the wonderful accuracy, aiming is a &!$@# with no dots.

You could try some of these. I'm sure they're not as good as tritium, but for $10 you really can't go wrong.

Trouble is that they don't work with the textured front sight. It's kinda a pain, TM will get that bit of detail right, and go through the licensing with Novak, but not even paint some dots?

Do you happen to have a guide for this? I had asked in the 1911a1 thread, but it has gone unanswered. I have been planing on getting a set around the holidays, so if you had anything to input it would be great. The only real flaw I have had with the MEU is that despite the wonderful accuracy, aiming is a &!$@# with no dots.

This is the underside of the MEU sight.

Well, looks like a challenge, but still doable. It's going to take me a while (read: gotta get my broke *albartroth* a job to pay for everything), but I'll try to keep you updated if and when I get it done (maybe winter break?).

You're talking about machining out hardened steel that contains thin glass vials full of radioactive chemicals... Should I kindly remind you how difficult and highly inadvisable that'd be - or just call you an idiot for even considering it?

Edited by (V)atrix
You're talking about machining out hardened steel that contains thin glass vials full of radioactive chemicals... Should I kindly remind you how difficult and highly inadvisable that'd be - or just call you an idiot for even considering it?

Both probably, but I've never been one to take advice well. :P

Another vote for the excellence of the TM MEU pistol here. It's lightweight and the grips are plastic, but everything else about it is great.

I would much rather get tritium vials separately, and drill blind holes for them in the original Marui sights. Or better yet, just live with a black rear sight. You don't need dots in the rear sight that much: The front sight is most important, and you should be able to replace that fairly easily.

Here's a pistol I built for a friend of mine, based on the TM MEU:

2946882880_e3826d0292.jpg

Redwolf also have an article on the TM MEU and PGC metal kit going together. Well worth a read: http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...il?reviewID=205

Cheers,

Sale

I would much rather get tritium vials separately, and drill blind holes for them in the original Marui sights. Or better yet, just live with a black rear sight. You don't need dots in the rear sight that much: The front sight is most important, and you should be able to replace that fairly easily.

Easily a much better idea then my own. I had considered it but asumed sourcing would suck, are they reasonably acquirable?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dislike the stock trigger. I had a huge issue with the mags were I left them sitting with a little bit of gas to keep them from leaking. When after a week I came back home from a business trip to find my mags empty and dispersing the gas from the top when I try to fill em up. -_-

• 5 weeks later...
Are there any short triggers available for the MEU? I dig it, but need a shorter trigger.

I think, as the design is almost 99 % the same as Marui 1911A1 (which is triggerwise interchangeable with Marui Hicapas). So any Trigger for Marui 1911A1 should do. PDI for example offers a shorter three hole trigger. Maybe think about a massive one piece trigger? There also are short versions.

Edited by SamJacksonFan