.25 BB's with a 350 fps DBoys M4

The General

350fps with .20 bb's obviously, 310 or so with .25's.

Best to have the hop up higher than with .20bb's or lower? In general I mean. To get the best range.

I know some will just say try it yourself but I used the gun for the first and only match and it was so very windy that day I was adjusting the hop constantly to try and find the best results and was not able to come to any conclusion due to the wind.

Thanks.

my CA M4 shoots 350 fps @ 23 rps. With .2's it get's to about 120 feet then looses all consistency. If I use .25's the range, and consistency is MUCH better.

My preferences:

0-349=.2's

350-400=.25's

401-450=.28

451-whatever=.30's

You'll find that you'll need to increase the hop up with heavier weight bb's as you need to imply more rotational force.

Depends on how good the hopup is, really.

I know some guns which can't handle more than .2, even at ~350fps.

Personally, my preference would be:

250fps - .2 (this would only apply to the MP7 and stuff though)

~280fps - .23

~300fps - .25

~350fps - .28

~400fps - .3

I haven't really ventured above 400 myself, so I can't comment on anything above there.

My only forage into ~400fps was at Berget 6, which had higher FA limits than here in Norway, and those .3g BB's sure sailed on and on.

I continued using what I had left of .3's after returning to Norway and downgrading to ~330fps (1J) and while range was not as good as with .25's, they were much more accurate, and hitting prone targets near the end of the effective range was made easier.

I'm gonna try getting more .28's again, they worked fine last time I tested them, and would seem a perfect middle ground.

Archived