TM SIG P226 Second Opinion

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seams are acceptable on the polymer frames - It doesn't have seams on the slide/barrel, as I recall.

If it did, I would criticise it as strongly - Seems KSC take more care over appearance of more recent releases though :P

Cheers.

Edited by snowman

Shao, thanks for the warm welcome--- I intend on posting here in the future, seems like a good crowd. Thanks :)

As for KSC vs TM, there's no comparing the two in terms of performance, thanks to TM's engineering and hopup design. The accuracy on the TM is quite noticably superior, especially at longer ranges. I agree totally that KSC makes great offerings (I've owned one of their Mac-11s myself), but for performance, I usually stick with Marui autos and new-generation PEGASUS-2 Tanaka revolvers. I also have a recent review of the M500 revolver on ASR if you guys are interested:

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic...?TOPIC_ID=71093

KSC does make a wide variety of handguns, but the only ones I know to be "proven" are their boring Glocks and Berettas variants. Their Infinity clones and CZ75s are what I hope to hear more positive things about in the future, along with some aftermarket support.

hhsohn:

As for the accuracy results of the Sig P226: I utilize a "standard" accuracy test with all my reviews, just like Snowy does. Conditions are stated in the review, but generally, all accuracy tests are done in a windless garage, 20 feet from target, with no bench rest. .2 KSC BBs and green gas are used, fired 6 times, two handed, with no bench rest. I usually do five tests, take the "best" of the 5, and then calculate the "average grouping" using the data. This way, you get the gun's potential accuracy AND the "average" accuracy.

Hope this clears things up.

Hey, Seth, good to see we didn't scare you away. :P Yea, most of the people here are pretty nice, and the overall atmosphere's pretty relaxed. Poeple argue what constitutes a manly man or a womanly woman or a pervy pert more than the bestest gun. :lol:

Anyways, good reviews, got any more. ;) You may want to start posting them in the review section here too. ;)

By the way, by "Snowy," did you mean "Snowman?" Or is he someone else? :D

Edited by Shao14
  • 5 weeks later...

I was looking at the SIG as a second pistol to my WA HRT Para, mainly because I dropped mine skirmishing and cracked the front of the slide.

It was £100 for an metal slide or do I buy a Sig?

I fixed the slide with Araldite Rapid Steel (same colour as well), read the reviews and will stick with WA, unless you can convince me otherwise these reviews have nothing ground breaking to say about the TM SIG,best wait for the KSC (japan) or...the WA version

Sure, there's nothing ground breaking about the TM P226.

Power, looks and feel are average, and sights are non-adjustable - where the gun truly shines is accuracy, power consistency shot to shot, reliability, and durability on green gas.

Spare mags are cheap as chips - check the price at X-Fire - 20 bucks!

These are the attributes which make this gun a gem.

• 5 weeks later...

Snowman - re comments on the KSC markings, I too am dissapointed with their results. HOWEVER, I suspect it is to do with me getting the Taiwan versions as opposed to the Japan market versions. Reason? I have 'fondled' a G17 Jap market, which in terms of markings/engravings kicks sand all over the Taiwan version... FAR crisper, more precise etc.. Proper grooves and not someone with an engraving tool

I suspect that the next review that should be done on the 226 would/should be of the Tanaka vs TM, covering aspects such as feel, accuracy, gas use, accessories.

I have to say though, that I found that my 5.1 outshot the P226.

Snowman - re comments on the KSC markings, I too am dissapointed with their results.  HOWEVER, I suspect it is to do with me getting the Taiwan versions as opposed to the Japan market versions. Reason? I have 'fondled' a G17 Jap market, which in terms of markings/engravings kicks sand all over the Taiwan version...  FAR crisper, more precise etc.. Proper grooves and not someone with an engraving tool

I suspect that the next review that should be done on the 226 would/should be of the Tanaka vs TM, covering aspects such as feel, accuracy, gas use, accessories. 

I have to say though, that I found that my 5.1 outshot the P226.

mmm - I've seen Japan and Taiwan version KSCs and they all suffer from narrow and shallow markings, in my experience.

Cheers.

mmm - I've seen Japan and Taiwan version KSCs and they all suffer from narrow and shallow markings, in my experience.

Cheers.

crazzeee stuff.. I will try to get a hold of that KSC G17 again.. and take some pics and send through to you dood.. :).. (now.. tries to remember whom it was.. >_< )

Having owned 2 KSC GBBs (G18C and USP compact) and two Marui GBBs (Desert Eagle HK and SIG P226), I have to say that I am far more impressed with the marui pistols.

My USP compact has a poor hop-up unit (it struggles to shoot more than 20m with abbey ultra and .2s) one plastic slide has already broken from normal use, bits of the frame have broken off, and now the pot-metal trigger has snapped, so it can't fire at all. The G18C struggled to fire off a whole mag even on semi without it venting gas. I also needed to replace the plastic mag catch within a few months of getting it.

However, the Desert Eagle was a fantastic pistol, consistently shooting further and more acurately than my old P90. Over a year of use with Abbey Ultra, it performed beautifully, the only damage being that the notch in the slide wore down through use. I haven't field tested my new Sig yet but so far it has performed almost as well as the Desert Eagle and is a much more convenient size.

As a backup weapon the Sig has almost AEG range, easily twice as far as the USP.

Edited by umbra

I´ve had my Marui P226 now in couple of skirmishes with me and I´ve shot some tests with it, but I was rather hesitant on writing my experiences of this gun. Knowing that most people approach this matter from different perspectives. But, here´s my sentiments:

The gun looks fairly good. Best Marui I´ve seen so far, but still the finish leaves a little bit toyish impression. Not bad, but it´s there. Seam marks are everyone to judge of their own, I deliberately leave those without a comment. Handling and having a closer look left some kind of odd and elusive feeling: the gun feels a bit light weight and toyish, even though it´s really not. Personally I found the controls creating most of this odd feeling. Decocking lever could be a bit crisper, hammer feels a tad "numb" and especially the trigger makes rather toyish impression. In DA, it´s just too creepy and tightens too much near the end. Problem is similar in Marui´s Mk23 SOCOM NBB. But of course, these are nuances only snowman and I care about in these forums.

Performance is great. Blowback kick with Green Gas is definitely above average and it makes my Marui Beretta GBB feel like a water squirt pistol (altough, this is a gun I´ve never regarded as "top notch" GBB at all). Felt recoil is also dependant on different things, even holding the gun improperly in hand can cause blowback to "feel" out of the place. I personally rate this SIGs blowback into same category with WA Para Combat Carry, WA Shorty HW and KSC Beretta Cougar. With Green Gas, respectively. Accuracy is very good, especially at longer ranges. Then again, in the (woodland) field BBs won´t miraculously penetrate heavy bushes or automatically "heat-seek" at desired opponent, lurking at the other side of the field... So I´m not going to hype about the accuracy too much. It´s good, but differences to other GBBs in the the actual field situations are slim. And occasions where I needed to snipe my opponents with GBB from 100 yards away are rare.

Being a SIG P226 adds automatically points in my book. And I suspect that probably-soon-to-be-released metal parts (slide & frame) will also improve the aesthetics and some of the "toyish" little features. If they only came up with "stainless" slide and inserts soon, so I could turn my piece into two-tone...