AK - G36 Gearbox conversion

Ali-The-T

Hi, I've just seen the new 9MM gearboxes and I'm simply gonna have to buy one. But they only do an AK version in V3 form :( I'm wanting one for my g36 so what would I have to change.

So far I'm thinking,

Trigger

Selector plate

I don't mind leaving the standard cylinder etc. in it as it will be for a full length g36 with an AK barrel in it.

Many thanks in advance guys :)

Hi, I've just seen the new 9MM gearboxes and I'm simply gonna have to buy one. But they only do an AK version in V3 form :( I'm wanting one for my g36 so what would I have to change.

So far I'm thinking,

Trigger

Selector plate

I don't mind leaving the standard cylinder etc. in it as it will be for a full length g36 with an AK barrel in it.

Many thanks in advance guys :)

not sure but the motor cages are different, wiring route is different, trigger definatly thats my imput

I have the 8mm Action gearbox in my own G36.

Here are the parts I changed:

Trigger

Selectorplate

Nozzle (an AUG nozzle, actually)

Semi auto cutoff lever

Motor cage

the safety mechanism on the right hand out side of the gearbox

I also took out the button-thingie that would normally keep the AK receiver cover in place. You don't really need the metal bracket that G36's have in the same place, it's fairly redundant. I skipped installing in on my gearbox to make takedown faster.

Archived