Damage caused to parcels & contents by courier.

Armourpiercing

The purpose of this thread is to document that Wolfy & I struck a deal but had a problem with our deal because of damage caused by the couriers.

We both know that neither of us are to blame & want to make that completely clear - there is no ill will between us.

Wolfy & i struck a deal to swap his Unicorn AKSU with mags & batteries for my KA FN FAL & we both supplied pictures of our items & both were in satifactory condition cosmetically.

The FN FAL was factory fresh & completely unmarked.

The Unicorn AKSU was skirmished but generally unmarked.

When the AKSU was recieved the box had a hole in it & when opened up i found that the cocking bolt was bent upwards along with part of the cocking bolt itself.

I messaged Wolfy & explained the situation.

I would like to make sure that it is very well documented that the pictures of the AKSU were taken for me in particular & there was no sign of damage - the box clearly shows that the damage was caused by DHL who were the courier company for the AKSU.

Pictures of this will be put in this thread.

Wolfy has said he will need a picture of the damage & will then contact DHL for a compensation claim.

Wolfy then let me know that the FAL had also sustained some damage - minor but some.

One side of the front side had snapped off, this most definately happened during transit as the gun was mint condition when i sent it. This is a very minor thing but Parcel Force (who the FAL was couriered by) should definately pay up for that. Pictures of this have been sent to my E-mail addy & will be put in this thead.

Wolfy will be on here also to put his side across, but what i've written is exactly whats happened.

Cheers,

AP.

I can't really add any more too what AP has said. The damage to the FAL as he has said is only minor but cosmeticaly it spoils the look of the gun. Just to add I don't hold AP responsible but rather the trained (or is that untrained?) monkeys that some courier companies seem to use nowadays. Fortunatley as I had to pick the parcel up from the depot as they failed to actually deliver it I pointed out the damage to the box at the time to the depot manager which should assist the claim process. Pics of the damage to the gun below. Does anyone know if you can actually buy the front sight seperatly?

A.P. & Wolfy - If only you fellows had read Snorkelman's excellent AKS74U reviews (He did all 3; CYMA, Kalash (best!), and Unicorn), you would have known that the cocking bolt breaking through a hole in the box thing is a common fault encountered during shipping.

Someone obviously stacked a load of stuff on top of the package, and tada.

And we all know ParcelFarce suck *albatross*.

Sorry about your guns, gents. Let us know whether you get anything back from the two couriers?

Ben.

I had worse experience. Dude on the board here sent me an MP5SD6, and I never received it... He mailed me a scan of his Royal Mail ticket with my adress printed on, so he definitely did sent it.

Anyone knows if and how I could get a refund from RM?

I had worse experience. Dude on the board here sent me an MP5SD6, and I never received it... He mailed me a scan of his Royal Mail ticket with my adress printed on, so he definitely did sent it.

Anyone knows if and how I could get a refund from RM?

In this case the sender needs to start the claim, since he's the one who paid for the service. However I'm afraid unless he paid for extra insurance you might be limited to only £27 or so :(

Archived