CheyTac M200 Build

dobey

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hopefully none.... as future weapons is reliable as a hooker's bank statement.

You always make me LOL :P

The biggest pain in the rear for this project was the fact that CheyTac seems to have revised the design at least 7 times since 2001 so all the M200's are a little bit different. I have been just picking and choosing the features I like best and mashing them all into one for my gun.

I have about 70 hours in this now. I did forget to do the ratchet system for the stock so I will need to go back and do that but here is a shot of all the pieces (except the bolt handle and mono pod which were still drying). I am also still designing the BB feeding system but this is pretty much finished now. The guys at Evike.com are donating a PSG1 grip for the build so I want to say thanks guys, you are awesome!

I have had a huge amount of interest in making a body kit and let me say if I can do it at a low enough cost I will, it will probably be for the VSR/BAR 10 if I do it.

Anyway here is a shot of most of the pieces with the OD base coat (I will be doing a sage/desert grass style paint job).

overall-022.jpg

Here are some close ups of the lower receiver as I assembled it, the paint is Rustolium camo series green, the flash is washing it out some. This is just the base coat.

paint-001.jpg

paint-002.jpg

paint-003.jpg

paint-004.jpg

paint-005.jpg

paint-006.jpg

paint-007.jpg

paint-008.jpg

Grip fits nice and snug:

paint-009.jpg

More to come in a few minutes.

Some pics of it outside, this is closer to how the green really looks:

paint-023.jpg

This thing looks awesome in person, the pictures don't do it justice:

paint-024.jpg

paint-025.jpg

paint-026.jpg

paint-027.jpg

I am still waiting for the lower Scope Rings but here it is with the Mk3 on it again:

paint-028.jpg

Stupid flash :(

paint-029.jpg

Very impressive. One small comment, I'd suggest switching the Phillips and slotted head screws with torx or hex head screws. Torx and hex head screws just look more professional IMHO. Regardless this is coming along nicely. Approximately how much would you say you have invested in it so far in time and materials?

Archived