CheyTac M200 Build

dobey

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The grip the guys at Evike.com donated just came in, here is a quick shot of it on the gun. I wanted to thank them again, they were very generous and it got here in just two days.

All that is left to do now is the ratchet lever for the stock, the lower rings (when they get here), and the butt pad. I ended up modifying a stock M24 mag to fit in under the hand guard, still holds around 20 BB's. I redid the hop up so instead of turning a set screw inside the M24's magwell (a real pain in the *albatross*) It is now a knurled screw that sits on top of the hand guard in front of the scope and can be adjusted by fingers easily.

paint-040.jpg

I will take some nice pics of the entire thing as soon as I finish off the little bits that are left.

That is just great, gotta hand it to you!

Only thing I can put my finger on is, the length of the whole gun. It seems a bit shorter than the real deal. Might be just an optical illusion or maybe because I've just seen the real one with a suppressor on. The scope rail seems a bit too tall, and the scope rings make it look even taller.

Just my opinion, this still is one of THE best projects I've seen ;)

I would read this out loud as

For such a wanted gun this thing didn't get much hype.

for be suck a wanted gun this thing didn't get much hype.

EMFDYSI?

By the way I rented and watched Sniper after seeing this build. I though Bobby Lee was too silly a name (now all the Bobby Lee's will chime in) & hadn't watched it before taking a good look at this weapon.

They use the CheyTac in "Sniper"? I think not, you mean "Shooter".

Anyways, that's a *fruitcage* awesome build! I'd love to see some WIP's on the colour scheme if you got some too.

D'oh

Now it just needs a mock ballistic caclulator to complete the package.

Archived