Weesatch/Wasatch Discussion

sigmaboy

i have no weesatch/wasatch, but im getting one soon, so i have no pics to start this thread out with. but heres what it will look like.

Tan wasatch with blackhawk serpa with 1911 mounted to the front via SERPA MOLLE mount, and dump pouch with possible admin pouch on top.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering we already have threads consisting of your loadout/ gear etc. I think this thread will be ignored.

However, if it was moved to the Gear forum. And a slight change of title, perhaps an enquiry into the HSGI kit, then it might be commonly more excepted.

Saying that however, it would be nice if we could have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd line picture thread. We already have a 1st line... But nothing there after :(

well, wasatch is a town somewhere in the states, I seem to remember...nothing more specific to the meaning of names than that.

if you mean what the differences between the models are though:

- Wasatch: 8 magpouches, 6x 2 mags, 2x 1 mags (M4 type STANAG) - 16 PALS loops across

- Weesatch: 6 magpouches, 4x 2 mags, 2x 1 mags (M4 type STANAG) - 12 PALS loops across

- Woosatch: no magpouches, two versions, one with 16 PALS loops across, and one with 12 (version A and E)

All of the aforementioned versions has six PALS loops across the bib, and accepts LARGE type SAPI plates.

The Weesatch also utilizes different shoulderpads from the Wasatch, as far as I know.

I just thought, what does weesatch, wasatch, woosatch stand for? i tried google but it didnt help.

Darkchild

the US Army's Very own 19th SFG out of Utah developed this style of Rig for their benifit. They named it after the Wasatch mountain Range which we are blessed to be surrounded with here in Utah. I believe Gene as HSGI was asked to make them for the guys and the rest is history.

Now we have clone versions all over the place and I would say the Guarder is a great version of the Wasatch Rig.

Thanks guys, yeah i meant the wording, not what they physically are (i have owned both a weesatch and woosatch in my time, clones naturally)

I guess the WEEsatch is named so because it is smaller than a wasatch, but what the hell does woosatch mean?

at a guess id say not much.

I just bought a Pantac Weesatch in coyote brown today actually.

Darkchild

Now we have clone versions all over the place and I would say the Guarder is a great version of the Wasatch Rig.

QFT. The Guarder Weestatch is amzing. I've had mine since Dec. '06 and it has been used in almost every skirmish I've been to since then and it has yet to fail me in any way.

Archived