Weesatch/Wasatch Discussion

sigmaboy

A solid plate could help to stiffen it up a little bit, but I would imagine that it will still become more loose as you go through magazines. This is generally a con with the 'Satch series except those without sown in pouches. I've heard this from a few different owners now and there seems to be no real way of solving it as far as I know.

Unless it loosens to a point where the rig will sag a lot I do not think this should be such a problem, however, everyone has different preferences. Maybe if you add the ESStac KYWI inserts it might help with the sagging as you will still have the pouches filled without carrying a magazine in each pouch. The member FrogFish on this board did a slight modification to these inserts to keep them from spreading out so much, a very simple but effective way of taking are of a problem, he did a great job.

Here's a link to the ESStac KYWI's:

http://www.skdtac.com/Esstac-556-KYWI-Kydex-Wedge-Insert-p/ess.213.htm

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, airsofting and cheapness don't go together too well. Plus, KYWI inserts are only $6:

SDC10499.JPG

These are single 7.62 inserts (they hold every M4 and AK mag I've tried) held to the proper tension with Velcro wrap in my fake Wasatch. It only took a couple to make the sag go away.

I did this before the double inserts came out, but I don't mind trading a little capacity for the extra stability when empty and faster reloads.

Ha, airsofting and cheapness don't go together too well. Plus, KYWI inserts are only $6:

These are single 7.62 inserts (they hold every M4 and AK mag I've tried) held to the proper tension with Velcro wrap in my fake Wasatch. It only took a couple to make the sag go away.

I did this before the double inserts came out, but I don't mind trading a little capacity for the extra stability when empty and faster reloads.

Yeah, tell that to my real eotech 552 sitting on my kwa m4 haha I just got this vest 2 years ago when I was just starting out and it has lasted this long with lots of use, I'm hapy with it but would love a real one...and I do want to get the double stack kind for 556 mags, they are $15 each but...thats the same price as the vest (i only need 4)...oh well:)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Pantac Weesatch

gallery_66785_1977_104044.jpg

gallery_66785_1977_158112.jpg

Kit List

Weesatch (Pantac)

Fake ESAPI Plates [Filled with Plaster and Urethane Plastic to 5.5lbs] (Pantac)

ESAPI Side Plate Carrier [put lunch box cooler packs in there for the summer] (HSGI)

3x TACO Pouches (HSGI)

iPouch (Condor)

Map Pouch (Condor)

Hydration Pack (Condor)

Double M4 Pouch (Condor)

U94 PTT (Element)

Rip-Away EMT Pouch (Condor)

[Carries actual first aid equipment]

EMT Shears

2x 550 Paracord Weaves

4x Double Stack 556 KYWI [tighten down with 550](Esstac)

Grimlock (Condor)

I love them, with the combination of the KYWI inserts they really help stabilize the rig and prevent it from moving around on the run, and does lower the profile a tad bit too. The only down side is that it does limit the ventilation, but not as bad compared to a lot of other plate carrier designs. Also the ESAPI pouches are meant for side armor only, you can't effectively use them as mag pouches due to the design.

Personally for me, the pros out weighted the cons. It's also nice to have a little more Molle real estate to mount a some low profile pouches.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just played my first game in close to 2 years yesterday so i figured i'd snap a picture or two while i had all my gear unpacked. Also hoping that this revive will get some more people posting photos of their satches. here's the current evolution of my Guarder Weesatch:

photo-1.jpeg

Also picture:

VFC 416 and CA SPR

• 10 months later...

Archived