Truly British

ColDaz

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't stand American 'comedy'. Friends, for example, I do not find funny in the slightest. Yeh, it's 'quirky' and kinda 'wierd', but maybe I just gon't *get* it, like they don't always get Monty Python and stuff like that.

(shrug).

Oh, Only Fools and Horses.

Im american and even i dont understand the humor that well -__-

We invented the english language that has to be the greatest thing ever done, we also have much better swear words compared to our ungrateful colonists "jerk" i mean what kind of a word is that compared to C*** and W***** and C************************* **************************** ************ *********** ************** ************ **********

BTW we dont just have blackadder we also have Rowan Atkinson in general

We have BLACKADDER!!!!!!!

I cannot believe that I for got this, but:

Brits have REAL Comedy that is ACTUALLY funny.

Funny Brits:

Monty Python

The Two Ronnies

Porridge

Morecambe and Wise

John Cleese (yes I know he was in MP)

Not The 9 o'clock News

Blackadder

Monty Python

Eddie Izzard

Monty Python

And many many more. Not Ricky Gervywhatshisface. He's really an American with an accent and a wig.

Funny Americans:

George W Bush

(for the wrong reasons)

And that, my friends, is how Britain is so much better than you all.

:zorro:

Don't forget Red Dwarf, Bottom, The young ones, and the comic strip.

of course, but that is merely a manifestation of our cynical stiff upper lipped understated contempt of everyone and everything.

there is no insulting sign in the lexicon of human abuse that says "yah boo, I'm better than you" better than the flipped V.

The true brit ALWAYS has a rubbish song at Eurovision :rofl:

All music there sucks, Schalager is for old people who pretend to be young, you can tell by Carola, 50 years old, miniskirt , dancing around a strip pool flashinmg, Ewww.

Schlager music (like the music at the eurovision song contest) SUCKS big time.

The best music comes from the 60-70, and that's that.

I really love 60s and 70s music. Go you Dafool.

Yes, music was at it's peek then. The music in the eurovison song contest SUCKS.

and I'm not talking about 30 years ago, in some old mans day, I'm talking about the Chav and mobile phone community era, TODAY ! 2005. ewww :wide-eyed:

I hate the mobile Community, *mumbles* crazy frog tune

Yes, why is it that all the other countries have such boring flags?

Also, why is the union flag known as the union jack on a ship?

the proper name for the union jack is the union flag. the flag pole on the back on a ship is called a jack. so when the union flag was flown on a ship it was called a union jack. i think thats right. i dont know why everyone started to call it the union jack or why its called the union flag on a ship

• 1 month later...
By the way, the real reason for driving on the left isn't to make combat easier, it's to make it harder. It was done that way so knights could see the other guy's hand and be sure he wasn't gonna pull a fast one on him. The difficulty that arises in this situation with a left-handed person, by the way, is a large part of why lefties were percieved as evil or sinister.

knights didn't have roads you fool! And they most certianly did not drive.

warm? oh contraire, mon ami!

a true pint of british real ale should be served at either cellar temperature or at room temperature, whichever is coldest, and whereever the beer is easist to get to.

none of this farting about trying to get them damn thing cold enough to make it stop tasting of wee like you get with noncy-boy lager. Oh no, straight of the shelf, or out of the barrel, into the mug and onto the taste buds.

none of your nonsense.

warm? oh contraire, mon ami!

a true pint of british real ale should be served at either cellar temperature or at room temperature, whichever is coldest, and whereever the beer is easist to get to.

none of this farting about trying to get them damn thing cold enough to make it stop tasting of wee like you get with noncy-boy lager. Oh no, straight of the shelf, or out of the barrel, into the mug and onto the taste buds.

none of your nonsense.

What I mean is that americans all it warm because we don't chill it or cool it, we leave it how it comes!

Didnt the Queen make Sting the "Commander" of the British Empire not too long ago? Quite a strange title if i do say so myself......

the tital is "knight commander" and it is purely cerimonial and he bloody well deserves it too

oh and yeah just too add a little here for the colonies

the aussies have-

-the longest beach in the world

-the worlds biggest rock

-the worlds most livable city, melbourne (which i live in)

-last years miss universe jenifer hawkings

-kylie minogue

-the sydney opera house and harbour bridge (i hate sydney)

-the nicest warmest people i have ever met

-british sarcasm concentrated too a fine art

-the most unique animals in the world

-the only country to span an entire continent (minus a few islands)

and the canadians have-

-The avro arrow a jet that nearly caused war between canada and americas cos it could go faster than the american jets (tut talk about arrogance) no joke google it and seen tis very interseting

-mounties (and their funny hats)

-the second most livable city in the world toronto

-virtually no gun crime compared too their southern neighbors

-they ar "ontop" of america and bigger seriously if they were in prison america would be their b*tch

Archived