Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.3

Titleist

I'm sorry but you deserve a GTFO if you're going for an impression and intentionally disregard previous information and purchase everything in the wrong color. Not saying you deserve it, yet. If you buy all that kit for a SEAL impression and it's the wrong color, the guy who points it out (although it already has been pointed out) is not a douche bag.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but you deserve a GTFO if you're going for an impression and intentionally disregard previous information and purchase everything in the wrong color. Not saying you deserve it, yet. If you buy all that kit for a SEAL impression and it's the wrong color, the guy who points it out (although it already has been pointed out) is not a douche bag.

I wouldnt have a problem using a Khaki setup really, I dont have a khaki setup, and I have been considering buying this setup in Khaki, simply because it will be easier to find the kit, as well as having a new color.

My mistake gentlemen. I should have paid attention to my post, and I did not.

The more I think about it though, the more I think I want to go with MJK....

and MARS, I dont usually like to please the impressionist gods anywho, wont matter so much if I do it again ;)

I'm referring to this douchebaggery:

Coyote Brown am fail, good to go for what exactly?

Which was then countered by navymp28:

How do you fu*king figure that one? How is Coyote Borown even in slightest bit fail as you so eliquently put it? It is a color being used by SEALS...I see it all the damn time....at NAB Little Creek...Almost daily. You guys need to pull your heads out of the damn catolouges and each others collective a$$es and read sometimes..or look at a picture..SEALS use CB kit, and MJK kit, and TAN kit...and they do use Blackhawk kit, and the issued MLCS kit, and LBT, etc...Seriously...when a dood asks questions and you do not know for sure...from either experience, visual varification, etc..then don't say it is fail...the dood is putting together a kit...an "impression" of a SEAL that is acceptable. You guys love to sit here and claim this and that is not SEALZ....I know people said SEALS were useing ACU...the thread tried calling BS....from doods that were reporting this from down range....and then OMG! SEALZ AM WEARING ACU!!?? because of some pics that surfaced some time later on the net.

For the dood that asked about the CB kit...yeah use it...it is an awsome color, is used by numerous units in the US..and works well for Woodland and Desert uniforms. If your on a budget...you can't go wrong.

I would not retract my statement. So, sorry if that hit a nerve or something MARS, but I'm still a believer of what navymp28 said...

meh, I never really cared, hence why I dont care about impressionism, its just not really good for anything except a big phallic object waving parade for 3/4s the people that do it.

I like using my kit, as evidenced by the slaughter at BF5 that Phalanx was putting up.

Regradless, and to stray away from this stuff, regardless of whether or not I go with MJK or CB, I will still be basing this loadout on something a SEAL or MFR, or whatever SOF guy wants to use. Its gear, after all, and though kits are made for specific people, in the end, they all do what they darn well please (to a very lengthy degree.)

So, anyone with an RRV, how have you found it compared to say, a BHI CRCH, or for that matter, an Eagle Plate Carrier. Help me buy this idea of an RRV, why would I want to use one over an Eagle plate carrier? Both can hold plates, though the RRV isnt necessarily meant for them. I get 12 channels, I believe, and with a rear plate installed, the same functionality of the EPC on the rear. How are the straps, is it noticibly lighter with the RRV over the EPC? These are the kinds of questions people should be asking when they want to use this stuff, so anything along those lines I have asked, please, let me know, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not saying anyone is at fault and I hate to cause these dramatic posts that Titleist has to erase, I just want to say, CB is GENERALLY always wrong. You can do whatever pleases you but in the context of an impression that will please the hardcore impressionists, as he said, CB will not work. Carry on!

FYI-if you guys read back to the older thread, CB is ok and it comes from someone in the US Navy now who has seen it first hand. I know that khaki/MJK is the norm. Be different-change is good. (Change to SOPMOD M4 block 2)

Agent_Hunk: You're right, their CB gear could also be individual purchases and they're issued khaki gear.

BillyBob: go roll around in some dirt. J/K. I also suggest spray painting your coms-wires & all and holster with Krylon camo khaki. How about getting a tan sling for your MK 18 and tan goggles. I think you won't spray your MK18 in tan so how about some tan furniture? Cool gear. Keep it up. Oh, yeah-did you drop your Sig P226R?
BillyBob: go roll around in some dirt. J/K. I also suggest spray painting your coms-wires & all and holster with Krylon camo khaki. How about getting a tan sling for your MK 18 and tan goggles. I think you won't spray your MK18 in tan so how about some tan furniture? Cool gear. Keep it up. Oh, yeah-did you drop your Sig P226R?

yeah i am gona paint the wire and i dont know about the SFL yet. And the SFL is for a 1911, no p226 i want one but my kimber will have to do for now.

and ok i will wear it higher...

Thanks guys.

I see some mag pouches and a MAP. Which to me seems like your ready for a ruck of a time in the field, but you have no IFAK and other essentials, are you planning on picking them up at a later time?

Might want to secure your hose, and your zipties a little better, don't want them getting loose. Tighten your EPC up a tad, looks baggy on you, just like the clothes.

Put one of the IR flags from your helmet to your front or back, probably your right one, since hopefully you should have IFF on your shoulder, so you can turn your head about you should you need too when you get blue on blue. (lol airsoft.) Your flair sorta looks off, put a flag on the top of your admin, the Jolly Roger right below it, just my 2 cents of course.

Looks cool, and at your age, I bet your gonna be doing a lot better when you start making more money.

Let me know whatchya think, my first attempt at an impression, constructive criticism welcome!

P9182888.jpg

P9182919.jpg

P9182921.jpg

P9182959.jpg

P9182977.jpg

P9182992.jpg

P9183024.jpg

P9183054.jpg

Kit List:

Woodland BDU

Woodland Boonie Hat

OD Nomex Flight Gloves

Oakley SI Boots

TT MAV w/ X-Harness OD

TT Triple M4 Mag Pouch x3 OD

TT MBITR Pouch OD

TT Dump Pouch OD

TT Large Utility Pouch OD

TT E&E Pouch OD

TT Small Utility Pouch OD

TT Hydration Pouch OD

Alice Ruck Sack OD

M72 LAW

Systema PTW CQBR

TM/Prime Sig P226

so....use Dawn at all with some softener?

why MBITR pouch? You arent using a radio.

Makes a fantastic Pistol Holster.

And the BDU's are new, they'll be filthy after the OP this Saturday, but today was the only time I had to take some pictures before we start hunting on the land, so I did what I had to.

Archived