Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.3

Titleist

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously, Hispeed, use correct english. This 1337 speak ###### is getting annoying, not just to me but other members.

Ok, sorry. I guess everyone here gets annoyed with ghetto-internet-elite language. I thought I was "in" and "cool". So I guess no more "fruitcage" and "suitcase"

BigTexas: Cool pics. Reminds me of Lard Sox-sigh... (He's so dreamy) Ha-ha-ha. [M4 SOPMOD Block 1.5 and MK 18 Mod 1 are done-will post pics soon)

^ Thanks, that was worth it :rollseyes:

anyways, how common is the DBAL? I haven't heard much about this so I was just curious. Sorry if this has already been stated.

Hi. DBAL and DBAL2 is not issued, the new PEQ is the Insight Technologies PEQ-15. It is to replace the current AN/PEQ-2 and PEQ-4. But there are some pics out there of M4/CQBR's with the DBAL.

(Sorry-I'm not applying for thread drama-queen)

Hispeed, talk like a normal person, that is all. If you're going to try to talk the talk, i.e parroting information you got from mp.net, at least fact check it. Yeesh.

The DBAL-A2 is also labeled at the AN/PEQ-15A. It's an alternative to the PEQ-15 (ATPIAL) and was used as more of an intermediate while the ATPIAL fully cleared it's trials. It is issued but has been spotted more in use by base security forces or by other operational units like NSW. I've tried it myself, almost bought one, it's a bit easier to work with in terms of leaving it on a pre-set settings, whereas the PEQ-15 to go fully safe requires turning off the dial, like the 2A.

Hispeed, talk like a normal person, that is all. If you're going to try to talk the talk, i.e parroting information you got from mp.net, at least fact check it. Yeesh.

The DBAL-A2 is also labeled at the AN/PEQ-15A. It's an alternative to the PEQ-15 (ATPIAL) and was used as more of an intermediate while the ATPIAL fully cleared it's trials. It is issued but has been spotted more in use by base security forces or by other operational units like NSW. I've tried it myself, almost bought one, it's a bit easier to work with in terms of leaving it on a pre-set settings, whereas the PEQ-15 to go fully safe requires turning off the dial, like the 2A.

Me: Squawk! I didn't know there were 2 PEQ-15's. So the DBAL A2 was used a little until the real PEQ-15 came out? Cool. I never saw it on any Crane Block 2 pic presentations. Thanks.

That's because you need to open up your expectations beyond the buzz word of BLOCK 2.

The PEQ-15A is issued, it still gets issued, it's just that the 15 is this new shiny toy. The A2 is in many ways as good, if not better in some aspects. Again the Block 2 stuff is BS, NSW uses whatever they want or need, the A2 offered up programmable functions and controls before the ATPIAL, so many units use and are already trained on it.

Again, FDE does not make something better.

The guys in Ranger Green are SWCC, right?

Nice to see some RRV's in training, although there were some from a couple of weeks back that was also showing the AN/PEQ-15 and stuff like that. I've been watching a show from BUD/S Class 234 I believe and they all used regular M4A1's, M16A1's, and ALICE gear. Its good to see trainees use in early combat training what they would use in combat.

And DesertFox, nice CIRAS, I'm lovin' it! hehe

The guys in Ranger Green are SWCC, right?

Nice to see some RRV's in training, although there were some from a couple of weeks back that was also showing the AN/PEQ-15 and stuff like that. I've been watching a show from BUD/S Class 234 I believe and they all used regular M4A1's, M16A1's, and ALICE gear. Its good to see trainees use in early combat training what they would use in combat.

And DesertFox, nice CIRAS, I'm lovin' it! hehe

That BUD/s Class 234 is from the late 90's.... Have it on DVD myself. Good stuff though.

Archived