Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.3

Titleist

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that many IBHs were produced, under 750 I believe, so there's WAY WAY WAAAAAY more MICHs out there than the IBH. In fact there's probably more repros produced than the real deal.

I'd go with an IBH unless your setup is IBH specific.

It wouldn't be a normal day unless you posted something about Block 2, yeesh, change the tune.

youve done it yourself. Just not in those words.

Okay, first off when I've posted I've gotten my rigs into an state of competition usually far beyond what people are calling works in progress. And I've never posted until I feel very very comfortable with the state of my gear. You're right, I haven't said WIP on my rigs, because I've said I'm posting a very complete rig and am open to suggestions.

If you'd like to lay the cards on the table I don't understand why you post in impression-specific threads when you continue to put minimal effort forth on seeking out the right gear, guns, etc. It's the same deal with the Ranger thread, you get uptight when someone comments on your lack of accuracy and then hide behind "special forces can do what they want" get out of jail free card. I'm sorry there's not a US SOCOM "wear whatever they want thread", but I'm sure we can be accommodating for you.

While there's things about other forums I do not like, at least those members take the time to put together a loadout that they feel is as buttoned up as possible. Lord Sex does it, other members do it well, to me the umbrella of work in progress has become a fairly limp excuse for weaksauce rigs.

Not that many IBHs were produced, under 750 I believe, so there's WAY WAY WAAAAAY more MICHs out there than the IBH. In fact there's probably more repros produced than the real deal.

I'd go with an IBH unless your setup is IBH specific.

Not sure if that was a typo you made but by the sound of it the IBH would be good even though it's a lot less common than the MICH.

Buckle your chinstrap.

I was in the staging area and just putting everything on. It was buckled during combat. Also those replica helmet chinstraps are pieces. I'm looking to getting a real deal chinstrap soon so its more comfortable to wear.

TactRecon, nice looking loadout. I'd like to see more of it.

Thanks, I wish I had more pictures for you though...

Personally I see nothing wrong with TactRecon-Scout, WIP it's filed out more then my SEAL Loadout will ever be. Oh yea I am not doing a SEAL Loadout anymore, USMC is so much cheaper :P

I say it's a WIP because although I do have my Mk23 along with me in a Wilcox replica holster, I want to get a P226 with a Safariland 6004. Also Raid modded BDUs is on my list, along with some nice boots. So there are little things that I still need I guess, but for sure I am still working on it.

many people get uptight when someone comments on your lack of accuracy and then hide behind "special forces can do what they want" get out of jail free card.

While there's things about other forums I do not like, at least those members take the time to put together a loadout that they feel is as buttoned up as possible. Lord Sex does it, other members do it well, to me the umbrella of work in progress has become a fairly limp excuse for weaksauce rigs.

*fixed it for you* ;)

you're way more tactful than me Titleist. i hate it when i see weaksauce loadouts and people type "SEAL-inspired"....

what the f- is that anyways?!?! that term is generic and meaningless IMHO.

*fixed it for you* ;)

you're way more tactful than me Titleist. i hate it when i see weaksauce loadouts and people type "SEAL-inspired"....

what the f- is that anyways?!?! that term is generic and meaningless IMHO.

I've been a fan of this thread since page 1 of the original, and I have immense respect and appreciation for those who are able to put together an accurate-to-the-T SEAL loadout. I agree with you, chillin, that SEAL-inspired is a very blanket statement that general is followed by a very vanilla loadout.

However, it's a person's right to post their WIP rig if they want to. If someone got a real Insight PEQ-2 and said "Here's the start of my SEAL blaster", everyone would post "Can't wait to see the rest!!!!!!!!" even if nothing else was pictured. I'd rather see people's WIP loadouts than no posts in the thread.

Not taking anything away from you guys who are able to put together spectacular loadouts. Tons of respect, in fact. I've been working on my own for at least two years now and it's still not done. But it's just plain reality that not everyone (especially on an airsoft forum) are going to be able to replicate the loadouts to that caliber. That's no reason to put them down or exclude them. If this is really what you wanted, why even have this thread for people to discuss on this free public forum? Just created a locked thread that only Titleist and Lord Sex could update. Simple truth, not everyone has been around the thread since it's inception and some people want constructive criticism. Doesn't hurt to critique a loadout.

While I'm on my soapbox, can we quit with the Hispeed bashing too? I know he posts annoying comments and is a "block 2" broken record, but to be honest, I'm more annoyed with the 4-5 flame posts that can be guaranteed to follow every time he tries to contribute to the thread.

Isaac, bro, as a mod, set a good example for the other posters. We don't need elitism to accompany the "sopmod block 2" comments and WIP loadouts. Just read the thread with a grain of salt, knowing not everyone posting is going to be an expert (or even 18).

In the end, regardless of what happens, even if things continue on exactly as they are now, I'll still check this thread multiple times in a day.

;)

Being able to understand other people's mentalities also helps.

You criticize for not being able to do what you do. Now, Ive understood you dont like my posting of my "inspired by loadouts," but thats basically the same for everyone here, save for you and maybe Lord Sex. To truly replicate every single thing that they do, we need to pick up kit we arent allowed to own, we have to find full LS kits, we need to secure parts and pieces that not everyone in the SOF community uses.

Its simply ludicrous to ask that people do a kit that they see in a pic, to ramble on and on about who uses what. Sure, there are kits that everyone is issued, and in some groups, they can use what they are given, or they can buy their own kit. Look around, the pics that are shown here are very very very slim spectrum for everything that truly goes on with out guys. Each and everyone of us heres something from different guys that are in, others that are in different units, yada yada, whoopdy do.

Simply put. Quit whining. Everyone has a different perspective on what they want to do, be it from buying rare pieces of kit and selling it at ridiculous prices on Ebay, buying gear and looking the exact part, buying something close and using it. It all comes down to this. We are all wannabes, most all of us enjoy airsofting, and some people need to remember, just because the real guys use the gear, doesnt mean they want too, they just use what they are given. We have the choice to use what we want. Emulating people who dont want to be emulated is getting too silly.

If a guy comes into a SEAL thread, a Ranger Thread, an SOF thread, whatever. No one is going to be on the money, not all of us can get what we want. Just critique it to be useful, not to fit your own idea of what a loadout should look like.

With that, Im not posting any of my loadouts in these threads anymore, and furthermore, I am sorry for doing so previous. I recognize and understand that this thread is meant for discussion and pics, same goes for each thread with a specific goal in mind.

Can we all just stop whining about this incredibly childish stuff, and just...hell, I dont know, play airsoft?

I f***ing hate this thread more than I can put into words. It is, simply put, everything that is wrong with this forum. In fact, it encompasses most of the things that are wrong with discussion boards on the internet in general. This thread is all the reasons people leave airsoft. It is all the reasons people move on to other re-enactment, or real-steel shooting, or even f***ing paintball.

People b*tch and argue about the tiniest things, people *suitcase* on others' efforts due to jealousy, and somewhere in the middle of it all, some people try to make absurd amounts of money by selling overpriced sh*t to gullible f***s on the other two sides.

What happened to the hobby we used to know and love? A tight group of people, discussing and offering useful friendly advice about gear and guns. There were two groups - geardos and non-geardos, and sure, there was some friendly rivalry between the two, but now there's so much animosity even within those two subsets, it's enough to make you lose all faith.

I used to love airsoft, I really did. But now I play about once a year, and why? Because of EVERY F***ING THING THIS MONUMENTAL SH*TTER OF THE THREAD REPRESENTS.

It's pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. I hope this thread burns in the pits of hell, and I hope the fires are never extinguished unless by the rank liquid justice emanating from the penis of the devil himself.

I feel like I should come in with a black cape twirling a mustache.

Here's the thing guys, I never said you need real AN/PEQ-2As, real MLCS kit, or whatever kit you think I'm suggesting. Don't put words in my mouth, or mince my words. What I said is that the bar has been lowered on this thread, we're 412 pages of information (which it seems like maybe FIVE you guy bother to read through before posting, you five guys, you rock!). This thread, and it's 2 previous mks have gradually gotten more pathetic as time moved on. Look at the first seal thread, people like Silent Scope, Scooberoo, BaBaBooey, etc used to post regularly, say what you will about all of those people, but the posts were of notable quality, frequency, and with the interest in both helping and elevating the art of impression building and sharing.

I never said you need the real gear to pull this off, what I suggested was people spend a bit more time and effort to get their kits in a more presentable shape before they post. Sorry if that translates into, "hey guys raise the bar a bit", but it's the truth. I'm not saying all rigs have to be done when you post, feel free to fish for suggestions, but for pete's sake, put some friggin effort into it. This thread in 12 pages is depressingly boring, poorly written, and a retread of everything else posted before it. I'd rather have people post less, but post quality information and photos. It's like high school in here with people piping up without anything important to say, apparently the sound of your voice is worthy of posting these days.

There are people who do better SEAL rigs then me, hence why I never really considered myself in the ranks of other posters. I never said you need the real gear, or that it screwed up a setup, I never said that. Trust me, Matt, I'd lock this thread for countless reasons NOT relating to my rigs or others being the cat's meow.

As for hispeed, I'm not the only one annoyed. I'm a mod, I try to keep the peace, but I have my limits too. If the other mods don't want me doing the job, fine, I'll bail. But I'll be honest, as are other mods as well. If he wants to keep parroting information that he takes from MP.net (where he acts like this as well), then that's his prerogative, but frankly its boring. If that's the only thing special he has to offer, then sorry if my thrill level doesn't peak. It's not being elitist, I'm just tired of hearing the same information farted out 15 times a week in different verbiage.

Blarney, I get your mindset just fine. And frankly you've made a half-hearted attempt on other threads. You go to threads like the Ranger thread and get stuffy because people don't like your impressions because you didn't really make any attempt to work within the confines of the impression. If you're not going to try to fit within any of the recommended gear or try to make something that's at least presentable then just not post. Simple as that. If you don't care, then be prepared for some ribbing. It's not ludicrous at all to suggest people use SPECIFIC GEAR FOR A SPECIFIC GROUP OF SOLDIERS. That's what an IMPRESSION in for pete's sake. Do we know what is really going on in the field, no not really, but it's not the "I can use whatever I want" mentality. Smart people like NavyMP are giving us hints at what we can use, but not "go free and do whatever you like" excuses.

So get over it. Here's the thing, I don't rip into to people's impressions, I hardly POST at all in this thread anymore, but when I do I offer constructive criticism for anyone who asks for it. What seemed to set you off was that I *dun dun dunnnn* suggested people work a little harder, and let their rigs bake in the oven longer.

The reaction that comment has gotten speaks to Havocs, that this thread is full of friggin FAIL. I long for the days of only a year or two ago when each post was worthwhile, researched, and well worded. What we've gotten used to now is nothing short of pathetic. At least people put in an effort in the Ranger thread, and other such similar collections of pics and knowledge. But what we've got here is a cluster *fruitcage* of half baked, half assed, and half brained posters. This was never about me being elitst, shame on me for trying to in some way to put this thread on a better track.

Frankly I'll take my gear, my pics, and whatnot to other forums. I basically get to keep you guys from eating eachother alive, it's a thankless job, and in the 3-months of putting out fires it's just made me resent threads like these with a passion. So congrats guys, you've reinforced the fact that 99 percent of problems on this forum come from this thread. YAY good for you, pat yourself on the backs and go ride a failboat.

I'm done.

Look at some of your previous posts, they've been rather off towards people. Yeah, you offer constructive criticism most of the time, but lately, your posting has been quite, different to say the least.

Its not that I go about making impressions, I dont. I take cues from pics, from people who help me with gear, and from my own personal experiences for the past 8ish years doing this. Heck, I've been playing since people thought TT MAVs were the latest and greatest. I've rolled through Eagle, Paraclete, Allied, TT, SDS, PPM, Blackwater, BHI....you name it, Ive most likely used something in their arsenal. Impressionism has always been stinted from looking at photos and trying to look like the real deal. To do that, is just silly. Working with dozens of vests, playing with people who agree and disagree with me, has still shown me valuable lessons on how to play. I consider myself a MILSIMer who was smart enough to understand the value of real gear, and I surely dont mind if it comes with an LS and NSN sticker on it, because I simply dont need it. Taking cues from Rangers, SEALs, CAG, CIF, VBSS teams, Coast Guard, MRF, MSOB and all the other guys who do it for real is something I do, but I as I can never wear any of those patches or tabs, I just find it unneeded for people to buy the gear they need. The smarter man works with what he can get, and adapts around it. To rely on another person's preferences inhibits ones own abilities. To learn what others do, and to adapt to your own needs, is a heck of a lot smarter than any other approach when it comes to airsofting, MILSIMing, or whatever. The only use for true impressionism is for your own amusement, and fulfilling your own dreams.

I am not speaking to anyone in particular here, but last year in ROTC, after getting DQed, I had a sit down with someone I respect immensely, a guy who has as a Freshman had completed Airborne, Air Assault and will be hitting Ranger school here in the future. His family has been in the military since who knows when, and well, when it comes to this stuff, I believe he got it right. When we airsoft, we glorify killing, we fulfill our own inherent need to act like we are badasses or something, trying to make ourselves believe that we have what it takes to do what those men have had to go through. To dress like them, to act like them, only fulfills that need. Sure, I don't believe airsoft is just a glorification of killing, but for a lot of people here, it damn well is, and I cant deny that my team got into the game as a method to start training. I cannot define what my team in Kansas City has done, but I know what we did goes well beyond what geardos and airsofters here wish they could, and after a while, we stopped airsofting all together, using the real guns, spending weeks out in our private fields, doing what we would always hoped we could have done, and right now, several of my best friends, the guys I grew up with, are in Afghanistan doing what we always did as kids. Its a realization that Im sure no one agrees with, but whatever, its the reason I hate impressionism, its all a crock of poo.

I dont know anymore, when I go to games, I go with my friends, I go out, I play, and have fun, if I win, awesome, if I dont, super, at least I had fun. Its airsoft that I wish a lot of other people would do, have enough sense to use the real kit, focus on tactics and training more than anything else, and just have fun. I suppose that is too much to ask.

Archived