Magpul Masada AEG

HKpilz

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that looks a bit cheap. i never saw a masada, but judging by all the fuss everybody was going on about, i thought it was going to look epic. but it looks like a hodge bodge of a scar, m4 and something by fn/sig, and looks a bit *suitcase*.

no doubt all the fuss was because its by Magpul, which is well l33t, and because the RS is no doubt very good. which is obviously mega relevant to airsoft.

all in all, looks very cheap, unimaginative, and a bit of a let down. at least its not tan coloured though.

This is unauthorized knock off product. Magpul PTS is still working on Masada project at the moment and never authorize any 3rd party to manufacture and distribute Masada AEG upto today.

:angry:

Don't worry, it looks like *suitcase* anyways. :D

assuming that someone's camera settings is correct, Masada 1 photo (the only one I checked) was taken in the middle of August.

And I note an announcement from Magpul too, on the current page of airsoft-news. :)

Magpul PTS has already responded to these pics. Appearently they are working on a MASADA/ ACR AEG on their own.

"Re: Infringement of Patent and Copyright – MASADA / ACR AEG

We refer to the update news topic “China: Masada AEG?” in Airsoft News EU (
)

We are the owner of the copyright subsisting in original artistic works in relation to the design of its product, named “MASADA / ACR” (“the Product”) are protected in various countries of the World.

The information you received is infringe product made by knock-off Company in China. Please be advised that Magpul Industries Corp has never authorized or licensed to any third party manufacture / distribute “the Product” up to today. If anyone discovers this unauthorized product, please contact us immediately. We will precede legal action against infringer(s) without further notice.

Our Airsoft sub-division (Magpul PTS) is still in the process to develop the update version “MASADA / ACR” and will have further update in early Oct 2008.

Regards

Magpul Professional Training & Simulation Division"

EDIT - LOL! egads you guys are fast. Jinx!

hahaha. didn't Magpul check out the airsoft market first ? if so, they would have expected a clone of their rifle imminently. admittedly, comign out well before the 'proper' one is a bit weird, but if they didnt expect this to happen, they need to do better research.

Honestly, the photos do not look that terrible. Obviously the "plastic" isn't nearly as nice as the images below, but the same could be said for the JG (or CA for that matter) G36s...

SHOTShow2007-MagpulIndustriesMasada.jpg

1170085437masada-1.jpg

magpul_masada_shot_show_2007.jpg

I'm quite interested in this "clone (?)" because it will probably not have the accompanying high price tag of the "official" MagPul version.

Ohhh thank god thats just a clone, when I saw the photos I thought someone had done a dodo in my eyes. The clone looks very cheap, and even if it comes in a cheap price I'd be tempted to leave it on the shelf!

Theres so many exciting products on their way it would be a waste of money to rush out and buy the "thing" shown in the photos. I hope Magpul take their PTS straight to gas :D now that would be something huh? but if they have to do an AEG I hope they make it as close to the real steel as possible......

I actually remember a rumour circulating a while back taht they were going to produce their own rifle (PTS) in collaberation with Systema...I think that was written in one of the Airsoft International news sections! So this (upcoming) rifle could be the Systema "SCAR" I've been waiting for! :D :D :D

I will definitely not buy that thing, it looks like an very cheap AEG. you know, the ones who come with scope, laser and light.

The only good news about this case is that Magpul lets the airsoft community know that they are actually busy with one.

Im really hoping that this will light the fires under Magpuls butt and get them working just a bit faster to make a christmas release for their ACR replica.

Im almost 100% positive we wont see the PTS ACR in 2008 but one can always hope right?

I cant place my finger on it but something looks off to me

It does look a bit off, doesn't it? I think there are three things that made me think the same thing:

1. The front site is flipped up. On most pics of the RS Masada, it is folded down.

2. The pictures are not focused enough, so detail is lost, leading to the "cheap plastic" look.

3. The picture is of a black AEG. While I have seen pics of black Masadas, most pics on the web are of the tan variant. That threw me off at first. the dark color also makes it hard to capture detail, which just compounds the problem in #2 above.

This should be interesting. Magpul is creator of the Masada, and therefore they rightly own the rights to the design. I just hope that if they do eventually put out their AEG, it will not be another $1,000 Systema-like PTS. Many airsofters cannot afford that, and while I can (in theory) I can't say I would ever spend that much on an AEG. If they do put out a high-end gun for professional training purposes, I do not think we will see too many of those on the skirmish field. I do see, however, a bunch of chinese manufacturers filling that market gap if the demand is there.

Archived