Magpul Masada AEG

HKpilz

Ooooooo .308 variant please! I think this is probably the only SCAR esq gun I'd ever buy. The heavy use of plastics on it though is a turn off.... lets hope they ues the real plastics on their AEG version. Only then will it be worth the purchase.

Magpul PTS, if you guys could fork us more information about YOUR release (not this release) that'd be amazing as I wait rather impatiently for the .308 one :)

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who wants to bet on JLS?

That would be a safe bet, I think.

Technically it's not a clone though, but an ACM.

I don't think JLS have ever made a clone AEG.

And an AEG Masada/Massaud/Bushmaster ACR using as close to real type plastics and metals as possible would be winsauce, especially with a V3 gearbox and drum-adjusted hopup chamber in place, which shouldn't be impossible as the dimensions are almost like the G36.

And nothing like that would ever come out of an ACM factory, at least not for typical "clone" prices (~100 USD).

Boo Hoo They cloned our gun. Cry all you want Magpul. I'll buy the A.C.M rifle, give it a new gearbox and paintjob before I buy the Magpul gun.

I'm sure many people will have this attitude. I wouldn't necessarily think its "wrong", but the rifle in the photo really doesn't look good.

As far as I know, Magpul have never given a fixed date for the release of their rifle ( unlike some companies: Inokatsu! ) so I'm not sure where all the hostility is coming from. Let them take their time, I mean, what are we talking about here? another AEG? wow, like we're stuck for choice.....

Lets see, we've got the "soon" to be released Madbull Kriss (?) the "soon" to be released TSI Armouries TAVOR (?) and the list of "soon" to be coming rifles from a multitude of manufacturers.....that Magpul isn't busting a gut doesn't mean its a free for all with their product and intellectual rights.

I definitely would like to see if the official Masada that Magpul is working on will include a "caliber" changing feature with a different lower maybe. Otherwise like the first few posters said the prototype looks like *suitcase*. I definitely will wait for Magpul's official model since they said its in the works.

Cmon guys, to be fair you gotta give this "clone" manufacturer some credit. Even if its not the best quality, the manufacturer made a completely new AEG of a yet to be released rifle, in real steel, that had previously not been available in the airsoft market.

Pretty much, and it's for that reason I'm looking to buy one. I like to reward innovation with a bit of my cash.

I honestly don't think this prototype looks bad at all. From the pictures I can see what appears to be signs of at decent fit and finish. I am hard pressed to spot any nasty mould seam lines. In fact, the only place I can really notice is a little piece of flash on the interior of the trigger guard. The rail atop the upper receiver look very well defined as if the notches are CNC cut. I would add this to my collection without hesitation. That is something I can definately not say about most ACM AEGs, as far as build quality and fit and fiinish are concerned.

The Badger has mixed feelings on this. On the one hands, OSFG its a masada! on the other hand, magpul are a little more protective of their designs than other manufactures, so there's a good probability that these wont be easily available. Maybe if magpul showed us some teaser pictures we would be sated? maybe a price? or a date? some stats? a ham sandwich?

If the company thats going to be selling this doesn't call it a MASADA they will be fine. Same thing with Phantom calling one of there vests a C.I.R.A.S. That got them into trouble. This is the same situation. I am sure we will see a clone MASADA before the release on the MAGPUL AEG. (Thats aye ok with me)

Whowver made the clone did all the RnD on the design on there own without the MAGPUL AEG for reference. Thats good enought for me. Hell Stick Systema revolution box(again we are waiting) in it and you have nice *albatross* PTW at an 4th the cost.

If the company thats going to be selling this doesn't call it a MASADA they will be fine. Same thing with Phantom calling one of there vests a C.I.R.A.S. That got them into trouble. This is the same situation. I am sure we will see a clone MASADA before the release on the MAGPUL AEG. (Thats aye ok with me)

Whowver made the clone did all the RnD on the design on there own without the MAGPUL AEG for reference. Thats good enought for me. Hell Stick Systema revolution box(again we are waiting) in it and you have nice *albatross* PTW at an 4th the cost.

So they've done all the R&D on their own, and you still call it a clone? Just because an AEG is made in China, doesn't mean its a clone.

The pics don't look great, but I'd love a Masada/ACR!

I think that a lot of people freely use the terms clone and ACM interchangeably. While for the longest time those terms more or less meant the same thing, once the JLS SCAR and JLS F2000 came on the scene those terms deviated in meaning as JLS' products were not externally copied from any previous airsoft design. So no, not a clone... but it is ACM. That said, Magpul PTS seems extremely not pleased about it, and from what I've seen, being based in HK, they're one of the few airsoft manufacturers with enough local legal power to do something about it. After all, they were able to stop ebayBanned.com of all places from carrying Magpul copyright infringing stuff. If they can get ebayBanned to do it, that's pretty remarkable. One thing for certain is that none of these fake Magpul products will ever be carried in any of the US based stores.

Regardless of quality and price of this ACM Masada, I'm going to save my money for the official Magpul PTS version. At the very least the official Magpul version should be the most accurate looking replica out there when it comes out.

Regardless of quality and price of this ACM Masada, I'm going to save my money for the official Magpul PTS version. At the very least the official Magpul version should be the most accurate looking replica out there when it comes out.

The other question I have for Magpul is what's the status of its PDR both its real-steel and its Airsoft version? That platform has all the good things of a P90 and the familiarity of an AR platform rolled into one, and I'd love to have that as a primary weapon.

I really don't care, those pictures are accurate enough for me. If I or anyone can look at it, and say hey 'that's a Masada, or something that looks like it with a few flaws,' I'm okay with that. As long as this ACM Masada is distinctive enough from a SCAR, that's accurate enough for me.

I guess I'll wait first for the Magpul Masada/ACR to come out, but if it comes out and it's >$450, I'd rather buy 2 or 3 of these ACM Masada's. I prefer the ACM pmags over the Magpul pmags for the same reason, because the magpul pmags are friggin 35$ for a midcap, which is double the price of a RS magpul pmag (pretty ridic. huh). Plus, the ACM hicap pmags come with that nice window =]

Timing matters too. I'd be able to wait for a limited time for Magpul to come out with their Masada before I settle for the ACM.

Hmmm... I'll wait for the official Magpul version for a couple reasons, not the least of which is that, having delt with them directly, Magpul are a stand up company who make great products and sell them at a fair price (You can buy packs of Magpuls directly from them here in the US for approx. what the "clones" cost) and their customer service is great. My bet is that if they don't let their "airsoft consultants" get in their ears too much, they will sell their AEG for the going rate for a comparable brand name AEG.

This is unauthorized knock off product. Magpul PTS is still working on Masada project at the moment and never authorize any 3rd party to manufacture and distribute Masada AEG upto today.

:angry:

Welcome to airsoft. If it has a licenced trademark, it's probably a piece of ######. Nobody started getting licenses until just the last few years, and most good companies still don't. Take Marui for example. The real gun manufacturers usually only allow their licenses to companies that are going to cheaply manufacture something crappy to sell at Big 5 Sporting Goods, because they want to know that it will hit the US market via a major retailer.

Hopefully Magpul can release their version ASAP and at a reasonable price. For other brand : if you see Magpul can easy to stop the copy selling on ebaybanned and keep find them for help, your company will force me to move the hosting to China or force me to reseller them at GZ.

Please , work like Magpul ! do sth to match the market need, make the price reasonable product.

The photo are took by me directly at china even i can tell you China reseller can got it at price around RMB 8XX ( i have no idea who sent photo to airsoft news, i just send photos back to producer )but honestly i have no interest to sell the fake version.

Some of our friends , they locate at different city at China have plan to build up a platform which will show 80% of the contact of individual sellers, then the copy items will not be cheaply sold by Ebaybanned, RSOV and Gunner only. The sale channel will be changed ,even the shop at desert can deal with them directly!!! If your company think the legal action (at Hong Kong ) work, let keep it.

I don t like this platform, but i can told such company, the war is just starting.Reduce your price and do sometime on your sale channel .

sorry for my poor english, i should go back for work and speed up the packing ( many complaint this month....)

Paul

Site master of ebaybanned

So they've done all the R&D on their own, and you still call it a clone? Just because an AEG is made in China, doesn't mean its a clone.

The pics don't look great, but I'd love a Masada/ACR!

Archived