Magpul Masada AEG

HKpilz

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to airsoft. If it has a licenced trademark, it's probably a piece of ######. Nobody started getting licenses until just the last few years, and most good companies still don't. Take Marui for example. The real gun manufacturers usually only allow their licenses to companies that are going to cheaply manufacture something crappy to sell at Big 5 Sporting Goods, because they want to know that it will hit the US market via a major retailer.

Kind of a sweeping statement wouldn't you say? Companies like Madbull and Magpul have been making some of the most accurate and decent quality licensed replicas of the many licensed products out there. Just because it's licensed doesn't mean it'll be bad quality. And just because it's licensed doesn't mean it'll be ridiculously expensive. For example, Madbull's licensed products are very competitively priced and good quality. Magpul's on the other hand are a bit on the pricey side, but still good quality. Basically, licensed bad quality. There's too much variance out there to make an absolute statement like you did. And considering Magpul PTS is a subsidiary or at the very least a sister company to Magpul USA, they're more than within their right to defend their intellectual properties. When a RS company chooses to embrace the airsoft market, the key to producing excellent airsoft products is to carefully screen interested airsoft companies so that they end up with a manufacturer that'll recreate the RS products in an accurate, authentic and high quality way. Sadly that is not always the case and more often than not the license goes to the highest bidder. But I firmly believe that RS companies like Primary Weapon Systems, Noveske, Gemtech, Quicksilver, JP Rifles and Magpul have wisely placed their trust in the likes of Madbull and Magpul PTS. I have never been disappointed by any of their licensed products in the least.

Kind of a sweeping statement wouldn't you say? Companies like Madbull and Magpul have been making some of the most accurate and decent quality licensed replicas of the many licensed products out there. Just because it's licensed doesn't mean it'll be bad quality. And just because it's licensed doesn't mean it'll be ridiculously expensive. For example, Madbull's licensed products are very competitively priced and good quality. Magpul's on the other hand are a bit on the pricey side, but still good quality. Basically, licensed bad quality. There's too much variance out there to make an absolute statement like you did. And considering Magpul PTS is a subsidiary or at the very least a sister company to Magpul USA, they're more than within their right to defend their intellectual properties. When a RS company chooses to embrace the airsoft market, the key to producing excellent airsoft products is to carefully screen interested airsoft companies so that they end up with a manufacturer that'll recreate the RS products in an accurate, authentic and high quality way. Sadly that is not always the case and more often than not the license goes to the highest bidder. But I firmly believe that RS companies like Primary Weapon Systems, Noveske, Gemtech, Quicksilver, JP Rifles and Magpul have wisely placed their trust in the likes of Madbull and Magpul PTS. I have never been disappointed by any of their licensed products in the least.

They have and I completely agree, but companies like Sig, Walther, Colt, Taurus, Smith & Wesson, Beretta and DMPS can all be purchased in clear plastic form from Big 5.

In all fairness, Armalite should be on your list of companies that have wisely chosen airsoft license contracts.

Welcome to airsoft. If it has a licenced trademark, it's probably a piece of ######. Nobody started getting licenses until just the last few years, and most good companies still don't. Take Marui for example. The real gun manufacturers usually only allow their licenses to companies that are going to cheaply manufacture something crappy to sell at Big 5 Sporting Goods, because they want to know that it will hit the US market via a major retailer.

I was going to comment on this and point out the ignorance behind that statement but Corps beat me to it.

This isnt even an ACR guys, its a masada, ie a replica of the prototype Magpul weapon. This all reminds me very much of the CA scar debacle. Look which version is selling better than the CA scar...the more accurate VFC version 3 gun.

Having said that, im pretty sure the ACM dboys clone is selling better than both of the aforementioned models...lol.

Im still waiting on the magpul PTS product simply because its GOING to be better than the ACM gun no matter what. The simple fact of the matter is that you CANNOT build a better gun for 130 dollars. A higher price doesnt always mean "better" but you do tend to see justification in the higher price tag when you consider material differences, build quality etc.

Is a 300-400 dollar price gap justified...well, that remains to be seen.

I should also mention that I was talking about gun companies. Gemtech is not a gun company. Of course some of the manufacturers care about the quality of the product that is representing their company, but the fact of the matter is that the major gun companies (S&W, Colt, Beretta, Taurus, Walther, DPMS, UZI, Ruger, etc) generally sell to companies that will get their product on store shelves, such as big 5, without regard to the quality or fuctionality of the product. I think this is very apparent with the fact that you can get a clear version of almost all of the above. They are focusing on the recreational pop-can shooter, not the avid airsofter, because we aren't as strong of a market as the people shopping for a birthday present for their 12 year old. Think about it. Have you met a 12-15 year old that didn't own a licensed and trademarked clear plastic spring pistol?

It seems that the companies that primarily sell to law enforcement are the ones that are coming out with better quality "training weapons". The companies that sell primarily to civilians license cheap knockoff stuff. Generally speaking.

And can you all please stop taking my post out of context. I didn't post saying that any licensed replica is a piece of junk. I posted in response to a person saying that it wasn't cool to release a non-licensed replica, and I was responding that nearly all good airsoft companies release non-licensed replicas and it has always been this way. The few companies that do go through the hoops of getting the replicas licensed are (generally speaking) low quality. Not all of them, but the more common ones.

How can you guys tell the overall quality of a gun from a few blurry pictures? That's one airsofter ability that I still have yet to develop...

Howabout we wait for a player review or at least better pictures before passing judgement?

I'm betting JLS as well, and their last gun (The Rx4, I believe) wasn't half bad!

Here's to a new gun that's not another M4!

Two things:

1) acr_acm_1909.jpg

2) JLS made a MASADA-esque AEG from pictures of the RS on the internet. Magpul, who make the real gun, and as such have access to the moulds and plans and dimensions and tooling etc etc etc have failed to even produce a SINGLE prototype picture.

I'm sorry, Magpul, but you just got cock-slapped with your own metaphorical penis, and for that reason alone I shall be buying the chinese MASADA-esque AEG.

Hmm, I know its all down to personal taste, but this rifle (ACR, MASADA, whatever) just doesn't do it for me all the time. In some photos it looks real ownable, but it a lot of others it just looks bland, like an FN FAL (in its blandness)

I thought the SCAR was relatively cutting edge in its appearance, but this just.....isn't.

:D Even though Magpul has been "cock slapped", I'd still rather wait for their rendition of their own rifle :D

2) JLS made a MASADA-esque AEG from pictures of the RS on the internet. Magpul, who make the real gun, and as such have access to the moulds and plans and dimensions and tooling etc etc etc have failed to even produce a SINGLE prototype picture.

Yes they have seeming that there still testing the RS weapon first with Bushmaster. Maybe you've forgoten that some low teir weeaboo sport ins't exaclty on the top of their priorities.:rolleyes:

It's just embarrassing that they have not even ONE photo to show for it, after having announced it all those months ago.

BWAHAHHAHAH You've got to be joking right?

Take your pic.

[edit] Also may I remind you that we're still waiting for a metric *fruitcage*tonne of ICS products who are a devoted airsoft manufacturer?

I'm not sure how Magpul as a company views the airsoft market, but I'm going to assume that as a real arms developer and a company that supports the real arms market, I wouldn't be surprised if making an airsoft rifle is pretty low on their priority list.

I could imagine a company like Magpul taking airsoft a lot more seriously if airsoft guns were part of military and law enforcement standard training.

Not just that remember the production R&D and most importantly budgeting is no where near as large as other RS manufacturers (Exampler Colt) so trying to do more then one thing at once is litterally trying to run with your shoes tied.

[edit]

Spedz, I'm pretty sure Darklite was talking about pics of Magpul's airsoft Masada.

Yes maybe so but the fact remains is that asthetically it's going to look the same a the Reelsteel counterpart and so begs the actual question

'Why should there be pictures of such a thing when many of the RS equivlient exist already?'

To provide evidence they are working on an airsoft version like the ACM manufacturer did?

Personally, I find the Masada to be a nice blend of M4, SCAR, and G36. At least, I like M4s and G36s enough that I can forgive the SCAR type stock (although the Masada's looks infinitely better, especially the one that was on the Masssoud).

Archived