Magpul Masada AEG

HKpilz

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should all be happy that for once there is an Real Deal Arms manufacturer going all the way to make a AEG of their own creation.

If you ask me, the pics shown of the Magpul accessories are finished products.

If they show pics of work in progress they have a higher risk of ACM's cloning their design.

Whatever you may say. that ACM masada lookalike is probably made out of ABS and not polymer.

If the exterior of the Airsoft Masada is as good as the RS version, which probably will be, then I wouldn't be wasting time or money on that ACM thing.

I do hope for reasonable pricing (starting 350 till 500 USD) and not Systema PTW pricing.

I think you will be deluding yourself if you expect the Magpul one to be sub £350. It would have to have glowing reviews and the acm one proved to be not salvageable to buy it.

The question though.. Are Magpul now releasing a full aeg or are they still doing what they advertised Jan 07 and you need to supply the gearbox?

I think you will be deluding yourself if you expect the Magpul one to be sub £350. It would have to have glowing reviews and the acm one proved to be not salvageable to buy it.

The question though.. Are Magpul now releasing a full aeg or are they still doing what they advertised Jan 07 and you need to supply the gearbox?

Look don't get this the wrong way, but Airsoft in Britain is not very cheap compared to other places in Europe.

Its pretty funny how fast the Chineese work, must be intimidating for proud american business :/

If Magpul want to compete with airsoft manufacturers, they should release cheap versions of RS exteriors. (Like stocks and stuff. Doesnt need to be RS strength and whatnot, its just for looks anyways.). Unless they want to pour lots of money down a research pipe, and create some new AS stuff (and most RS firearms manufactures just think AS is something funny for their kids to play with.. Soo, can't really see that happening).

i'm pretty sure ACM and Magpul can coexist. ACM is making the Masada, the prototype of the ACR, which is this

Magpul_masada_16fde.jpg

Magpul is making the ACR, the finished project, which is this

detroit1.jpg

i'm pretty sure some ppl will buy both. not everyone will just buy one or the other. i'm definitely getting the ACM, but if the price is right, the magpul as well. tbh, the prototype magpul looks 20x better than the ACR

i'm pretty sure ACM and Magpul can coexist. ACM is making the Masada, the prototype of the ACR, which is this

Magpul_masada_16fde.jpg

Magpul is making the ACR, the finished project, which is this

detroit1.jpg

i'm pretty sure some ppl will buy both. not everyone will just buy one or the other. i'm definitely getting the ACM, but if the price is right, the magpul as well. tbh, the prototype magpul looks 20x better than the ACR

for the most part the look the same only really noticeable difference cosmetically is the charging handle, because you can get the hanguards and stocks from your masada picture and put it on the acr. and cant wait for a tan acr :D . and Sonny i completely agree with with you on the going it correctly.

"i'm pretty sure ACM and Magpul can coexist. ACM is making the Masada, the prototype of the ACR, which is this"

"Magpul is making the ACR, the finished project, which is this"

Where did you see a major difference between the prototype and the ACR production model beside the RIS foregrip,

which was planned by Magpul from the beginning?

Masada prototype in carbine length/with RIS module:

post-20132-1222037114_thumb.jpg

Masada at shotshow 07:

post-20132-1222037227_thumb.jpg

Cant wait for the Magpul "original" PTS version, I own many RS and AS items from Magpul

and their quality is just outstanding ;)

Where did you see a major difference between the prototype and the ACR production model beside the RIS foregrip,

which was planned by Magpul from the beginning?

i never said it was a major difference, but its a significant enough difference for some airsofters to buy both of them. it's not just the handguard, but the charging handle as well. to me, it's different enough to justify buying both, say, a ACM/JLS masada in tan/DE and an Magpul ACR in black/grey. and there's a fair chance, that the ACM/JLS masada and the magpul ACR will have different stocks. the standard stock on the new magpul ACR has changed from the old masada, http://magpul.com/detroit2.jpg

How about desert Marpat. oh yea i just went there :P , and I mean if you showed the same set up for the Masada and ACR it would look the same to the untrained eye, and if you dont like the stock on the acr you can probably buy the folding/callapsable stock. personally i will never by the ACM one even though the PTs version will most likely be very expensive its just something about buying a gun from the sister company or what ever you want to call Magpul PTS of the company that actually makes the real steel gun, that makes respect them alot more and the fact that they do make quality products earns them my money.

So will the airsoft gun made by Magpul look like...

http://demigod.org/~zak/DigiCam/Magpul-Mas...00_8656_img.jpg

This, or..

http://magpul.com/detroit1.jpg

That?

I'm really hoping its the first, one... I wouldn't even buy the second one.

hopefully the second one, and thats just the railed handguard. you can get the same handguard thats on the first picture on the ACR too.

So will the airsoft gun made by Magpul look like...

D100_8656_img.jpg

This, or..

detroit1.jpg

That?

I'm really hoping its the first, one... I wouldn't even buy the second one.

The first pic doesn't work but you can always switch out handguards and barrels, and stocks to get the look you want, i myself am quite fond of the 18" barrel, Mid length non railed handguard, with fixed and/or folding stock :D , but ill probably end up with both tan and black versions and all the parts to make each the carbine lengths and SBR lengths, :( my wallet will never forgive me afterwards though.

Ha you better hurry guys wither were patient or not. The ACM is coming out before your so called PTS MASADA, then your out of luck and ill buy theres. As will plenty of other people.

Magpul PTS MASADA/ACR is on the way. More good news coming. Please be patient.

i'm definitely getting the ACM..

that is unless Magpul doesnt hunt down the ACM first. :)

tbh, I have and love Magpul products, but sometimes they are just too slow with airsoft stuff.

though you can already buy two versions of the PTS PMAG, you cant buy none of them from the PTS shop.

http://www.magpul-pts.com/catalog/

as Sonny said "I just wish we could see some progress." snapping a few pictures would be nice.

and check this out:

1214042803188603742bj3.jpg

Im very happy with my MIAD PTS ver2, but if a removable ACM A panel MIAD can be done, why not a PTS version?

that would cut the costs of giving away another MIAD body with a different A panel.

here's an observation regarding the "Infringement of Patent and Copyright" notice sent to Airsoft EU: Look at the grammar used in it. Can anyone say Japlish? Given that Magpul Industries are based in the USA, you would honestly think that they would have a better command of the English language, wouldn't you?

Summation and assessment: This is in all probability a well crafted hoax that Airsoft EU, not expecting to be hit in this regard, took to be gospel. They aren't the first news organisation to be scammed in this manner, and won't be the last.

My guess? Another Chinese outfit are looking to cash in on the bandwagon, and were looking for a bit of free advertising.

Call me a cynic, but I've seen it happen before, and I've been around Airsoft for the best part of two decades now.

Archived