Photos of your Tattoo(s)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Secondeded, get the tattoo.

The bow looks a bit girly with the peircing (sp?). Although it could look pretty slick with chains or something a little less "oo err i like your interior design" kinda thing. ;)

Edited by Royal-Air-Force

Corset piercings suck hard. I can't imagine anything more awkward than having a dozen rings down my back.

Besides... it severely limits the body armour and vests you can wear...

*Disclaimer - The above opinion is jaded by my first sighting of a corset piercing on a grossly overweight emo chick queing at a gig*

In an entirely on-topic occurance, I have just sold a Peltor headset and intend to 'invest' some of the cash in further inking. My artist will be pleased.

Edited by -Angel-
QUESTION;

I'm in between getting a new piercing, or a new tattoo. Should I get this piercing;

http://www.tamisclock.com/images/piercing4%20(Custom).jpg

Or this tattoo;

http://images.elfwood.com/art/k/a/karass/y....rZd.231030.jpg

Only really have the cash for one.

Ben.

i'd go for the tattoo. corset piercings just look weird IMO, not to mention uncomfortable.

Cheers! (Didn't think about checking the damned website..:D)

It wasn't gunna be anything huge anyway. But I heard that lower arm are frowned upon, but on a potential officers course, the NCO taking us on the endurance run had some very cool tribal tattoos (they represent one band for each enemy tribe member you've killed, he insisted the 6 he displayed were true) and some arabic down his forearm which he refused to translate.

It wasn't gunna be anything huge anyway. But I heard that lower arm are frowned upon,

Anything below about 2 inches above the elbow, or above the colar will get you automatically turned away from being an officer in the army and navy unless it can be reasonably covered up (by a watch or similar). I have had mates turned away from both the army and the navy, and a third who is fighting a running battle with the Navy Officer Selection Board to prove she can cover one on her wrist up. Once you are in of course, people care less.

Obviously for marines, it seems it is diferent, but I would be aware of this and I would get it confirmed by a recruitment officer, before comitting to one below the sleeveline.

Edited by Desolation mkII
Corset piercings just speak of S+M to me..

On another note, can anyone tell me about UK forces (specifically Royal Marines) and their views on tattoos? I'm joining after Uni, hopefully as an officer, but am thinking about getting some ink.. Whats the rules?

Thats actually a damn good point, I'm looking to join the RAF later on this year and tattoos never occured to me. Looks like I'll forgo the one on my wrist I was planning and stick to the ones higher up my arms.

RAF's stance is:

'You can join the RAF if you have tattoos or piercings. However, if your tattoos are offensive or obscene, or if you have tattoos that would still be visible when wearing full uniform (for example on your wrists, neck or head), you will not be able to join. '

IMG_0246_2.jpg

Got this for my 21st to represent my birthplace (New Zealand). Designed by me and modified by my tattoo artist.

It contains a mixture of Maori, Hawaiian and Tahitian influences. I was told tattoos are addictive and I'm beginning to believe that.

I'm starting to consider getting more work done that branches off of and ties into this one.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Edited by CapaciousZepher
Got this for my 21st to represent my birthplace (New Zealand). Designed by me and modified by my tattoo artist.

It contains a mixture of Maori, Hawaiian and Tahitian influences. I was told tattoos are addictive and I'm beginning to believe that.

I'm starting to consider getting more work done that branches off of and ties into this one.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

I don't usualy like coloured tats ,but thats cool. Its not your typical tough man shoulder tattoo. Very unique :)