Photos of your Tattoo(s)

Got this for my 21st to represent my birthplace (New Zealand). Designed by me and modified by my tattoo artist.

It contains a mixture of Maori, Hawaiian and Tahitian influences. I was told tattoos are addictive and I'm beginning to believe that.

I'm starting to consider getting more work done that branches off of and ties into this one.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Thats *fruitcage* awesome Zeph. Can we see your original design of it please?

I scanned and cleaned up my tat using illustrator and photoshop a couple pages back. And on that note of addiction to tattoo's, when I got my first tat my artist said 'Yeah you'll be back,' I scoffed at that comment but months later I'm getting the feeling I'd like another.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats actually a damn good point, I'm looking to join the RAF later on this year and tattoos never occured to me. Looks like I'll forgo the one on my wrist I was planning and stick to the ones higher up my arms.

I have tons mate, and I got in just fine. As long as they're not offensive or indicate a seedy past (gang tattoos or anything like that), they shouldn't be an issue. I know very few people I work with who haven't got at least 1 somewhere or other, some absolutely massive. Stay off the wrists though, that'd be frowned upon I reckon.

Good luck btw :) What trade you going for? Please don't say ICT Technician... :P

Edited by doc_newstead
I have tons mate, and I got in just fine. As long as they're not offensive or indicate a seedy past (gang tattoos or anything like that), they shouldn't be an issue. I know very few people I work with who haven't got at least 1 somewhere or other, some absolutely massive. Stay off the wrists though, that'd be frowned upon I reckon.

Good luck btw :) What trade you going for? Please don't say ICT Technician... :P

Ideally? I want to fly, I have some flight experience under my belt from a few years back when I was putting myself through civilian lessons, but it was too damn expensive sadly to get far enough to get my PPL. (aircraft/piloting/anything related ahs always been my obsession)

But, if not then I'll have to find something else I'm good at lol

Meh, I've got the tatt on my right shoulder blade and getting one on my upper arm

Edited by Nicoli
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apologies about the poor quality of the pictures, my camera went walkies ages ago. I have been getting tattoos since I was 18 but haven't felt the need to get anything done in a few years. I just haven't been inspired by anything yet.

Inner Left arm

Image005.jpg

Outer Left leg

Image006.jpg

Outer right leg

Image007.jpg

Inner left leg

Image004.jpg

Upper right arm

Image003.jpg

• 4 months later...

my first one, taken and slightly changed off a shirt i brought from the first gig i went to - Oasis at Finsbury Park. only just had the colour put in and some of the black touched up, so looking a bit scabby and the colours looking quite vivid.

P1010152.jpg

now i want to get some more done in the same sort of theme and style down my arm. going to get my mate to draw it though, as theres no more of this design to work from. hes pretty good at graphic design. some people cant tell whats going on, some can see it instantly. i love it.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's mine...

This is the 2nd, and favourite - The picture really doesn't do it justice down to the angle and the rubbish camera, but it's fantastic in person. It's mainly as a result of starship troopers, because it'll remind me of what a numpty i was one day, and because it's epic badass.

tat4.jpg

This is the first tat i had - Again, the angle makes them look 'bent', but i assure you they're not. The 'Love/Hate' thing is a bit cliche i guess, but there's a lot of personal symbolism to me.

tat3.jpg