Photos of your Tattoo(s)

My gf just got a little wrist tattoo, and it's got me thinking I still need more work done.

I want something on my inside right forearm. I like the art of Luis Royo, but do you think it's a bit complicated to have done? I'd hate for it to come out incorrectly;

Naughty naughty

I'm also looking at a Japanese Oni or Hannya mask - those look pretty badass!

Ben.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, finally got around to editing a pic I got the memsahib to take when we were on a tropical island called Redang in Malaysia, hence the dodgy sunburn...

tattoo.jpg

As mentioned on the first page of this thread, it is a work in progress as the artist left the country after finishing the outline (15 hours or so) so still looking for someone to colour it, and maybe add a second intertwined dragon. Head is on my chest. btw.

• 2 months later...

First tat:

tat2.jpgtat3.jpg

Shoulder was a little dropped which stretched it a bit but otherwise it is more or less symmetrical. Other than that, does it look off or out of place? Perhaps there aren't as many symmetrical circular designs on the pec so I was little worried as to how it might look. Too late now!

• 1 month later...

got some more done yesterday. the finished one at the top is a design from a shirt i brought at the first gig i ever went to (oasis at finsbury park 2002 i think), the new one underneath is an original design based loosely on the style of the finished tattoo, and a sort of woodstock festival poster vibe. the colour is going to really bring it out. needs a bit more design work at the bottom, other than that i'll leave it nice and clear if i fancy something else around it.

edit - probably needs a photo

P1010590.jpg

Edited by screamin_weasel
  • 1 month later...

Here's my addition to this thread.

I haven't been tattooed in about two years now because of my gear addiction.

The pictures of my sleeve were taken before I had it completed and all coloured in.

The writing on my chest is "Love Will Tear Us Apart"

I'm not going to show the rest because they are the really bad ones that I got when I was 18 and now regret (a heart with a scroll reading Vegan Straight Edge) is the one that immediately comes to mind.

On another note my girlfriend has had her last big gap filled, she now has about 80% coverage and only has little gaps on her legs and back to get filled in and she will have a complete body suit, she reckons she will be finished by the end of this year and then plans on starting on me, if she is going to pay for them then I'm more than happy.

With regards to Royal Marines and tattoos, there can be some leeway, I have a friend who had his hands and knuckles tattooed as well as both arms sleeved, he flew threw the initial training but took a lot of flack from officers about his tattoos, in the end he had to write to his MP who managed to intervene as his tattoos were the only thing stopping him from being a Marine.

Last I heard he's on his second tour in Afghanistan. Good luck to him.

post-62129-1279107918842_thumb.jpg

post-62129-12791079646182_thumb.jpg

post-62129-12791080421932_thumb.jpg

post-62129-12791080879335_thumb.jpg

I'm not going to show the rest because they are the really bad ones that I got when I was 18 and now regret (a heart with a scroll reading Vegan Straight Edge) is the one that immediately comes to mind.

Yikes. Like a lot of kids I went through a phase of sXe (18 months or so), but thankfully never got anything permanant. Any plans to cover/remove it?

I'm still trying to find someone to design the extensions to my wings. My local shop don't seem to "get" what i want. I'm starting to think my idea is geometrically impossible to actually draw/tattoo :(.

Yikes. Like a lot of kids I went through a phase of sXe (18 months or so), but thankfully never got anything permanant. Any plans to cover/remove it?

I need to get it lightened first, I've spoken to my tattooist about it and he has given me some ideas that sound pretty decent for a cover up, the one that I've liked the most is the idea to change it into an octopus.

I've actually got 3 SXE tattoos, one of them is going to be changed so that it's not an obvious SXE tattoo, but I've got XXX on my wrist that I'm keeping, I was Straightedge for 9 years so it wasn't like it was just a phase that I went through, however I do have lots of friends who still have X's tattooed on them that are definately not Straightedge anymore:D

I guess we all live and learn.

• 2 months later...

Getting my next tattoo on Saturday.

Thing is, I've got one on my right arm, and now I can't decide whether I want the new one on my left forearm, or my right forearm.

I'd prefer the right forearm, but I'm worried I'll go all OCD and feel unbalanced, and then have to get one on my left forearm to balance it out.

Ben.

got my new one coloured in yesterday, though still not quite finished.

P1010963.jpg

P1010965.jpg

all the important elements of my faimly tree without the crappy looking crest/shield shape and design. i asked for the eagle heads to be the main thing, glad i did they look mint i think. the banner below the heads will be yellow, and a bit more red in the point between the banner and the lower diamond. the diamonds look a bit odd at teh moment just sort of stuck out, eventually i'll get something that fills the gaps between and around them. no rush though my arms not going anywhere that im not.

and the other side

P1010966.jpg